ADVERTISEMENT

Invasion

As a PSA if anyone is looking for a 2-season series do binge it is pretty good. Apple TV. Kind of like Independence Day meets goonies meets heros.
I wanted to start it but the tomato meter said it was trash, so I skipped it.

I damn near look at that like there is a 50 percent chance I'll like it. I have liked some pretty lowly rated rotten tomato scored movies and shows.

Many of the criticisms are fair. It moves SLOW. But it is the cost of excellent character development. Not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

I thought it was good. I’m a big fan of the Apple TV shows. Honestly.
Apple TV has some good content.

I watched season one, and got a handful of episodes into season 2 and haven’t gotten back to it.

Its been hit or miss with me. When its good, i am fully into it. Then there are times it just seems to drag and i find myself not paying as much attention to it

Yes, that was another slow developing show. I liked it and am anticipating the next season.
Yeah. I ended up binging it on a lazy weekend day when i couldnt find anything else on. Was the second time i tried starting it and it was good.

I thought Silo was too slow and just got annoyed watching it. I may have tapped out too early on that one

Other shows i have enjoyed:
i also enjoyed:
The Crowded Room
Black Bird
Plutonic
The big door prize - i think they are going to flirt with dragging this show out too long.
City on Fire

And also their film “Cherry”

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
We’ve also enjoyed Morning Show. It’s not the best of the set, but it’s pretty reliably entertaining.

Also another good reason to watch invasion

shioli-kutsuna-invasion-social-feature.jpg

np_file_131254.jpeg

Give Silo a chance, it’s decent.
I enjoyed Plutonic.
Black bird was really good.
The other ones you mentioned I haven’t watched.
Re: Crowded Room and Cherry
It was weird seeing Tom Holland play a roll that wasnt spiderman

We’ve also enjoyed Morning Show. It’s not the best of the set, but it’s pretty reliably entertaining.
I’ve been reluctant to watch that, mainly because I can’t handle JA looking the way she does. I had a major hard on for her during her friends years. She’s had too much work done so I can’t bring myself to watch that. Same with anything that Courtney Cox is in.

I’ve been reluctant to watch that, mainly because I can’t handle JA looking the way she does. I had a major hard on for her during her friends years. She’s had too much work done so I can’t bring myself to watch that. Same with anything that Courtney Cox is in.
I can see that perspective. If that’s your view, you’re clearly not watching the show because you want to see JA. That said, it’s a pretty entertaining show, they have some really good characters and they hit some big topics.

It’s not quite as snappy as Aaron Sorkin’s writing from The West Wing or Newsroom, but it’s very much in a similar vein.

I’m watching For All Mankind right now, it’s also slow moving, but I’m enjoying it! I’m also enjoying Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. Ted Lasso is obviously awesome. Shrinking was great. Lessons in Chemistry was terrific. I also enjoyed Foundation and Silo. Apple TV is killing it!
I am also really enjoying monarch. It’s pretty fun.

As a PSA if anyone is looking for a 2-season series do binge it is pretty good. Apple TV. Kind of like Independence Day meets goonies meets heros.
Just finished both seasons this week. Pretty good series.

FYI, for impatient people like me, there's no episode guides on Wiki for you to cheat and get ahead - you actually have to watch them.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I watched like 1-2 episodes and didn't care for it. It's been awhile, but think a bus of kids fell into a hole or something. idk... just didn't do it for me at all.

I watched like 1-2 episodes and didn't care for it. It's been awhile, but think a bus of kids fell into a hole or something. idk... just didn't do it for me at all.
I get it. I was a little bored at times with the pacing, but not with that story line. To me the boring one was the Syrian family. They could have done without them. But overall, it comes together in the final couple of episodes of season 2 in a satisfying way.

I get it. I was a little bored at times with the pacing, but not with that story line. To me the boring one was the Syrian family. They could have done without them. But overall, it comes together in the final couple of episodes of season 2 in a satisfying way.
Another that was slow and I gave up on but went back after many said it was good is Slow Horses. Turns out I liked it after giving it more than 2 episodes.

I’m watching For All Mankind right now, it’s also slow moving, but I’m enjoying it! I’m also enjoying Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. Ted Lasso is obviously awesome. Shrinking was great. Lessons in Chemistry was terrific. I also enjoyed Foundation and Silo. Apple TV is killing it!
I don't understand why Foundation doesn't have higher fan reviews. The show is very original and quite complex. It's not one you can multi-task and be on your phone with. I like it a lot--started off slow and kept building to a solid season 1 finale. What Day did to Azura! HOLEEEE-CRAP! That was some sadistic stuff!

Can't wait for Silo season 2.

I don't understand why Foundation doesn't have higher fan reviews. The show is very original and quite complex. It's not one you can multi-task and be on your phone with. I like it a lot--started off slow and kept building to a solid season 1 finale. What Day did to Azura! HOLEEEE-CRAP! That was some sadistic stuff!

Can't wait for Silo season 2.
Working from the living room today, gonna give Foundation a shot. But underlined worries me lol

I've had to rewind a few times, and only just started episode 2 haha. Like the universe and plat so far.
...the action sequences do pick-up as the series continues if that's important to you, but ya, you can't miss a darn piece of dialog in this series or you'll get lost. LOL

...the action sequences do pick-up as the series continues if that's important to you, but ya, you can't miss a darn piece of dialog in this series or you'll get lost. LOL
I’ve chugged through season one, halfway through season 2. It’s a really good series so far, not sure why it doesn’t get more hype than say, the expanse- which I tired and found it very “cw”

Well finished both seasons this week. I know I sort of hijacked this thread for a back and forth with you- but one of the best recommendations I’ve gotten in a while. Can’t wait for season 3. Cheers to you, 4.8/5 for me. Really enjoyed.

• Love
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Well finished both seasons this week. I know I sort of hijacked this thread for a back and forth with you- but one of the best recommendations I’ve gotten in a while. Can’t wait for season 3. Cheers to you, 4.8/5 for me. Really enjoyed.
Wow! You binged right past me. I'm still half-way into season 2.

Reactions: TennNole17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT