ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s Miller-Meeks claims Biden might be on drugs at debate

He'll definitely be on drugs. I don't know a single 80+ year old that isn't on drugs. Trump is on drugs as well. Modern medicine is wonderful.

As a registered independent I still believe Biden is an infinitely better candidate. The country doesn't need 4 years of lame duck chaos and retribution from Trump. Every day is so divisive with that guy, it's exhausting (and inefficient for governing) for all. In my view the country needs slow Joe to take both parties to the new era starting in 2028, with a new cast of characters up for the major offices. And in the meantime, everyone needs to get their shit together and work out an immigration solution.

He'll definitely be on drugs. I don't know a single 80+ year old that isn't on drugs. Trump is on drugs as well. Modern medicine is wonderful.

As a registered independent I still believe Biden is an infinitely better candidate. The country doesn't need 4 years of lame duck chaos and retribution from Trump. Every day is so divisive with that guy, it's exhausting (and inefficient for governing) for all. In my view the country needs slow Joe to take both parties to the new era starting in 2028, with a new cast of characters up for the major offices. And in the meantime, everyone needs to get their shit together and work out an immigration solution.

Fvcking facts

But you still don't call it "doping" and insinuate that there's something illegal going on. Cmon now. Stop defending for one moment. This is something we should all agree on.
I thought we did more or less agree.
It’s not illegal to take a prescribed controlled substance and thus it’s not doping.
The larger practical issue is that perhaps an elderly person who needs to utilize that prescribed substance is not the wisest choice to lead the country widely recognized as the world’s most powerful?
As I’ve repeatedly stated on this board is this what America needs or do we just admit we’re settling? We don’t want to admit neither one of these old men should be the leader of the free world??

Not saying he is. . . but that doesn't mean he's on drugs either.

People whose minds are failing often have good days and bad. Doesn't mean they took drugs on a good day.
So you admit his mind is failing then.
Was he having a “good day” when he came out and yelled at his SOTU audience?

will the broadcast have a delay (say 30 secs) or will it be truly live?
if the future prez says or does something batshit crazy not sure the world needs to see it. trump has to be under massive mental duress at this point, anything could happen. biden has usually looked surprisingly sharper under pressure.

Reactions: cigaretteman
It’s not illegal to take a prescribed controlled substance and thus it’s not doping.
The larger practical issue is that perhaps an elderly person who needs to utilize that prescribed substance is not the wisest choice to lead the country widely recognized as the world’s most powerful?
As I’ve repeatedly stated on this board is this what America needs or do we just admit we’re settling? We don’t want to admit neither one of these old men should be the leader of the free world??
I have been very vocal on here over the years that I do not like Biden and absolutely despise Trump and what he's done to the GOP. I've been vocal about how ****ing old these dudes are too and how much I would absolutely love younger candidates.

My issue here in this thread, is the GOP folks attempting to use verbiage to make it seem like Biden is running solely on some sort of drug that he doesn't want anyone to know about. You don't say "Ol Jim is on drugs" when Jim is taking blood pressure medication. You don't say someone is "on drugs" or "using dope" or "doping" when someone is taking meds their doctor prescribed to them. That's just the GOP's strategy because they know Trump is not going to perform well at the debate and it's a shitty strategy.

I have been very vocal on here over the years that I do not like Biden and absolutely despise Trump and what he's done to the GOP. I've been vocal about how ****ing old these dudes are too and how much I would absolutely love younger candidates.

My issue here in this thread, is the GOP folks attempting to use verbiage to make it seem like Biden is running solely on some sort of drug that he doesn't want anyone to know about. You don't say "Ol Jim is on drugs" when Jim is taking blood pressure medication. You don't say someone is "on drugs" or "using dope" or "doping" when someone is taking meds their doctor prescribed to them.
Okay then we do agree perhaps more than you realize.
BTW I take BP meds, thyroid meds, a statin drug and a ton of supplements. I guess I’m a complete addict. Yikes!

Jeesh. I'm old, but not Biden old. Old people take a lot of drugs for different things, including cognitive decline., etc. Heck, college students take adderall. I'm not sure why the GOP is making such a big deal about it, or why Dems are being so defensive about it. The only question is if it will be enough for Biden to function for 90 minutes. There's no juice that works consistently for long periods of time.
Suddenly every dumb-shit MAGA Republican sumbitch here has become a geriontoligist / neurologist…..provably all grads from Trump’s Medixal Night School…It’s amazing the wealth of stupidity and the distance if “jumped conclusions” they exhibit here on a daily….hell, hourly basis! And all to defend the fact they want a convicted felon to be their Leader!

I am comfortable with Biden because in my heart of hearts I believe his interests are best for the nation at large. Trump can’t think beyond his immediate circle and has very little understanding of what the purpose of government is supposed to be..

She continues to degenerate. What a MAGA POS she has become:

hysician and Iowa Republican Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks has joined Donald Trump allies pushing, without evidence, accusations that Democratic President Joe Biden will use performance-enhancing drugs to help him in Thursday’s high-stakes debate with the former president and presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
Miller-Meeks, a former practicing ophthalmologist and licensed physician from Ottumwa who served as director of the Iowa Department of Public Health under former Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, told Fox Business on Monday: “We anticipate that for this first debate (Biden) will be on something.”
“We fully expect that they’re trying to hide the fact that he has cognitive decline,” Miller-Meeks told Fox Business.

The White House has pushed back on criticisms of Biden's mental acuity as politically motivated. It declined to comment Tuesday on the accusations and Miller-Meeks’ comments, referring The Gazette to the Biden-Harris campaign. The campaign did not respond to questions Tuesday emailed by The Gazette.

People are also reading…​

Trump and his allies have frequently attempted to characterize Biden as old and feeble, and made the unfounded drug allegation earlier this year in an attempt to downplay Biden’s forceful State of the Union speech.
“We saw a much different Biden than we’d seen before,” Miller-Meeks said on Fox Business of Biden’s State of the Union speech. “You know, many of the doctors in Congress felt he was on some type of stimulant, whether it was Ritalin or steroids or something else. He was very amped up, very aggressive.”

Physician and Iowa Republican Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks claimed, without evidence, that Democratic President Joe Biden will use performance-enhancing drugs to help him in Thursday’s high-stakes debate with former President and presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. Miller-Meeks commented during an appearance on Fox Business on Monday, June 24, 2024.

In a prepared statement to The Gazette, Miller-Meeks said her comments were not a medical diagnosis, but come from an informed medical background.
The 68-year-old has an active medical license with the Iowa Board of Medicine with specific training and experience in diagnosing and treating eye and vision conditions.

“As a physician, I have dealt with many elderly patients and have experience recognizing cognitive decline,” Miller-Meeks said in her statement.

She added that she cared for her mother during the last years of her life as she suffered from Alzheimer’s.
“All of us who have dealt with aging relatives have seen in our own families what appears to be happening to Joe Biden in front of us,” Miller-Meeks said. “It’s heartbreaking but obvious."

She noted some, including members of Congress, have called for President Biden to submit to a cognitive test due to public polling showing 6 in 10 Americans say they’re not confident in Biden’s mental capability, and after reporting from The Wall Street Journal stating the president was showing signs of poor cognitive performance in private meetings with congressional lawmakers.

“While it is clear to millions of Americans, Democrats and the media attempt to dismiss Biden’s cognitive decline as conspiracies and ‘Deep Fakes,’” Miller-Meeks said.
Republicans have seized on Biden’s verbal gaffes — while ignoring Trump’s — and out-of-context video clips to portray Biden as senile, and raise questions about his physical and mental capacity.

Independent fact-checkers and the Biden campaign have noted the selected clips had been edited to present a misleading picture.

President Joe Biden meets Monday with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg in the Oval Office at the White House. Biden is planning to announce new protections that lift the threat of deportation for tens of thousands of people married to U.S. citizens.
Mark Schiefelbein, Associated Press
Biden’s campaign has reciprocated with attacks on Trump on social media. The campaign posted a montage of clips it claimed showed Trump “getting confused, lost, wandering off, and waving to nobody.” The out-of-context post followed other efforts to paint Trump as confused, senile or attention seeking.
Critics have questioned whether the 81-year-old president and his 78-year-old opponent, Trump, are too old to serve another term. A quarter of the nation's voters think neither has the mental and cognitive health to serve as president, according to a CBS News poll.

The Biden campaign has struggled to rebut the deceptive, but effective, GOP strategy. Trump fares better than Biden in perception of cognitive ability, according to polling.
Miller-Meeks’ comments Monday echo Trump, who used a rally in Philadelphia over the weekend to spread unfounded accusations about Biden’s using drugs to enhance his debate performance.

A White House spokesperson, in a statement last month, told Politico: “It’s telling that Republican officials are unable to stop announcing how intimidated they remain by [the] President’s State of the Union performance.”
White House physician Kevin O'Connor wrote in a memo released at the end of February after Biden underwent his annual physical examination that the president “continues to be fit for duty.”

In the memo, O'Connor writes Biden “fully executes all of his responsibilities without any exemptions or accommodations,” and describes him as a "healthy, active, robust 81-year-old male."

His health remained “stable and well-controlled,” including his asymptomatic atrial fibrillation “with normal ventricular response,” stiffened gait, obstructive sleep apnea and seasonal allergies. Other conditions listed on the report for Biden include chronic acid reflux, spinal arthritis and hyperlipidemia — a condition with an elevated amount of lipids in the blood.
The president also had a skin lesion revealed to be a basal cell carcinoma removed from his chest last year. Biden did not need further treatment for the issue, according the White House physician.

Republican leaders are gross humans. It’s probably projection, as usual.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I think the Dems are defensive about it because the GOP folks are making it sound like Biden is using illegal drugs to hide his "dementia". Taking drugs prescribed by your doctor because you're old and need them is not something that should be referred to as "doping" or needing to "take a drug test" for.
The Radical Right is panicking because they know how Trump speaks without a "prompter".

And ole Person Man Woman Camera TV guy is unhinged and was a shitshow in the 2020 debates.

So, what exactly is the drug of choice for enhancing debate performance?
monster energy 3d GIF

Reactions: goldmom
This is the kind of Democrat I can get behind and respect. The "oh he's perfectly fine" and the "nothing to see here" crowd does absolutely nothing to help.
None of us are saying that. We’re saying he’s old. We fight against the dementia bullshit that dumbasses attempt to use against him while supporting a godawful piece of crap man for president.

EmI am comfortable with Biden because in my heart of hearts I believe his interests are best for the nation at large. Trump can’t think beyond his immediate circle and has very little understanding of what the purpose of government is supposed to be..
There is some merit to this. I don’t want either of them, however.

I am comfortable with Biden because in my heart of hearts I believe his interests are best for the nation at large. Trump can’t think beyond his immediate circle and has very little understanding of what the purpose of government is supposed to be..
In Biden's heart of hearts? Really? Biden doesn't have a clue about what's best for the country. We can start with inflation, and continue to illegal immigration and beyond.

Trump might not understand the purpose of government, but you don't either.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
I know it's been a few decades since 3M has taken pharmacology, and since she was an eye dentist didn't have to work with many systemic meds, but I'd like to know exactly what she thinks they're going to give Biden to make him suddenly sharper. Dementia meds try to prevent progression, they don't work suddenly. Amphetamines will certainly make him more alert but doesn't make him suddenly way more intelligent.

This is the kind of Democrat I can get behind and respect. The "oh he's perfectly fine" and the "nothing to see here" crowd does absolutely nothing to help.
No one with half a brain thinks ANY octogenarian should be president, but here we are.

In our case, one is a rapist convicted felon who fomented insurrection and the other is a moderately confused old man that knows he needs smart people around him to get anything done.

Easiest. Vote. Ever.

I know it's been a few decades since 3M has taken pharmacology, and since she was an eye dentist didn't have to work with many systemic meds, but I'd like to know exactly what she thinks they're going to give Biden to make him suddenly sharper. Dementia meds try to prevent progression, they don't work suddenly. Amphetamines will certainly make him more alert but doesn't make him suddenly way more intelligent.
Thank you. I just had this conversation with Mrs. Lucas. MMM has gone full potato, the question is, is it an act in order to gain approval from the cult, or does she believe it? As a doctor she's really crossing some ethical and professional boundaries. Is this all an attempt to get re-elected because she has convinced herself it's okay to make baseless allegations in order to go to DC and "Do good work"?

No one with half a brain thinks ANY octogenarian should be president, but here we are.

In our case, one is a rapist convicted felon who fomented insurrection and the other is a moderately confused old man that knows he needs smart people around him to get anything done.

Easiest. Vote. Ever.
Especially the part about who Biden and Trump surround themself with. Biden surrounds himself with smart people. Trump surrounds himself with degenerates and criminals like himself.
Easiest. Vote. Ever. Or, it should be. But, here we are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT