ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Iowa 105, Ohio State 72: WOODSHED, MN, 55403***

Adam Jacobi

HR MVP
Staff
Dec 30, 2022
"That first half was as close to perfection as Iowa may ever get. Offensively, Iowa was getting anything it wanted. Clark was on fire. The Hawkeyes were hitting every lob pass to Czinano in the post. Iowa’s wings were getting to the basket. On top of it all, the Hawks dominated the Buckeyes in transition.

But Iowa also did well defensively and on the glass. The Hawks forced Ohio State into a bunch of long jumpers that the Buckeyes didn’t have the legs to hit consistently. Iowa also secured most of the rebounds on those missed shots, then got out in transition.

That was a very good Ohio State team that Iowa was playing. The Buckeyes had Jacy Sheldon back and had just upset #2 Indiana. And Iowa destroyed them."

---

Story by @BraydonRoberts5:

Iowa 105, Ohio State 72: WOODSHED, MN, 55403

Great win for the Lady Hawks. Very impressed with this team. One of the better shooting teams I've watched. First two games in Carver, already sold out.

I feel like we haven't talked enough about how good Sydney Affolter has been as of late.

She has reminded me a lot of Kate Martin this season but I don’t remember Kate Martin impressing me this much her sophomore year. Affolter has a good handle on the ball, has lots of energy, looks strong in the paint, and finishes. She also doesn’t seem to get intimidated in big games. She makes her free throws and she gets rebounds too.

NGL last year at this time I barely knew the difference between Affolter and Edigar. I think her and Hannah’s skills have filled in some gaps for this team. I’ve been used to Stuelke getting into a flow with the starters for awhile now and I realized it felt like that yesterday for Sydney.

Last edited:
My most improved player award would be a toss up between Affolter & Stuelke. Besides everything mentioned, Syd gives max effort and is tough as nails. I'm happy she wasn't injured in the championship game and I see her replacing Warnock in the starting lineup next season. With Czinano leaving too, I'm hoping O'Grady works hard in the offseason to develop her game to become quicker, stronger and more aggressive.

I feel like we didnt talk enough about how good Sydney Affolter has been as of late.

She has reminded me a lot of Kate Martin this season but I don’t remember Kate Martin impressing me this much her sophomore year. Affolter has a nice handle on the ball, has lots of energy, looks strong in the paint, and finishes. She also doesn’t seem to get intimidated in big games. She makes her free throws and she gets rebounds too.

NGL last year at this time I barely knew the difference between Affolter and Edigar. I think her and Hannah’s skills have filled in some gaps for this team. I’ve been used to Stuelke getting into a flow with the starters for awhile now and I realized it felt like that yesterday for Sydney.

As the season has gone on, Sydney has become if not thee, at least one of my favorite players. Tough as nails. Looking ahead to the tournament but also next year for her and also O'Grady and AJ. Oh heck, all of them.

As the season has gone on, Sydney has become if not thee, at least one of my favorite players. Tough as nails. Looking ahead to the tournament but also next year for her and also O'Grady and AJ. Oh heck, all of them.
Agreed, and this may sound goofy as hell, but always seems to be smiling. As a coach, you love to see a kid busting their butt, but having a great time doing it!

Reactions: shikreto and BGHAWK
I feel like we haven't talked enough about how good Sydney Affolter has been as of late.

She has reminded me a lot of Kate Martin this season but I don’t remember Kate Martin impressing me this much her sophomore year. Affolter has a good handle on the ball, has lots of energy, looks strong in the paint, and finishes. She also doesn’t seem to get intimidated in big games. She makes her free throws and she gets rebounds too.

She is fun to watch. Not afraid to mix it up and dive for loose balls.

Reactions: HIWILLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT