ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa announces changes for football season tickets

You are the one with the statement "the vast majority of players will not be harmed by it". We don't know that yet.

We know based on data we have since February / March. If they have a preexisting condition like diabetes, then they should sit out. If I was 20 this shit would pose zero risk to me.

That makes sense in principle, but why would someone do that when they don't even know for sure the "seller" will get tickets this fall? Whose going to float potentally hundreds or thousands of dollars on tickets now only to find the seller wont even get tickets?

Stub hub takes it back from your account if the event is cancelled. Had that happen. So you would have to be cancelling your debit/credit card also if you somehow wanted to keep funds. Then they still probably try tracking you down.

Stub hub takes it back from your account if the event is cancelled. Had that happen. So you would have to be cancelling your debit/credit card also if you somehow wanted to keep funds. Then they still probably try tracking you down.

I'm talking the buyer's risk. If the seller can't be tracked down, the buyer might be SOL. Even with some potential built-in protection, not sure how I'd feel about buying 4 tickets off StubHub for the Iowa State game at $300 a piece and not even certain the seller will even have those tickets.

We know based on data we have since February / March. If they have a preexisting condition like diabetes, then they should sit out. If I was 20 this shit would pose zero risk to me.

We know from the proathletes that have had it the recovery is not a cakewalk. Mono kicked my ass when I was 20 and we should not expect a quick 80% to 100% recovery for anyone who gets this either.

I'm talking the buyer's risk. If the seller can't be tracked down, the buyer might be SOL. Even with some potential built-in protection, not sure how I'd feel about buying 4 tickets off StubHub for the Iowa State game at $300 a piece and not even certain the seller will even have those tickets.

Have sold on stub hub many times and always requires you upload tickets and input bar code numbers. This has been the case for a long time, so fraud is fraud whether 5 years ago or now.

Keep concessions closed. Bring your own food and drink. Add a ton of port o johns (with circulation fans) throughout and 55 gallon drums of sanitizer.

And remember no sharing.
81cSUITlOHL.jpg

Reactions: beatdahuskers
Iowa just suspended ticket sales.

What they are going to try an do is TRY and make sure they can get as many season ticket holders they can in to the games with social distancing.
They are allowing season ticket holders to get a full refund this year while allowing them the same season tickets next year.

If they are suspending season ticket sales that means there wont be single game tickets making season tickets worth more. Plus there will be no paper tickets . Its going to be a tough year for the scalpers.

I go to a lot of different venues and I have always had an actual ticket.

I haven’t had an actual ticket to anything for at least 2 years for sports or concerts in Chicago and New York. Physical tickets are going the way of the buffalo because it allows the franchise/school/venue to price efficiently through tracking it on the secondary market

Many collect paper tickets as mementos and would even pay additional for it. All these organizations not even offering that as an option is a slap in the face to those fans. Shame on them.

From the original post:

Season ticket holders who selected the traditional paper ticket option during the renewal period will receive a commemorative set of printed tickets at the end of the football season.

From the original post:

Season ticket holders who selected the traditional paper ticket option during the renewal period will receive a commemorative set of printed tickets at the end of the football season.
To me, commemorative is not the same as original. I am one of those individuals who collect ticket stubs and programs. I have every stub and program dating back to 1985.

I collect stubs. I bet the printout they send you will look more or less the same as the season ticket printout they send us now.

I haven’t had an actual ticket to anything for at least 2 years for sports or concerts in Chicago and New York. Physical tickets are going the way of the buffalo because it allows the franchise/school/venue to price efficiently through tracking it on the secondary market

Same thing with hard currency.

Iowa just suspended ticket sales.

What they are going to try an do is TRY and make sure they can get as many season ticket holders they can in to the games with social distancing.
They are allowing season ticket holders to get a full refund this year while allowing them the same season tickets next year.

If they are suspending season ticket sales that means there wont be single game tickets making season tickets worth more. Plus there will be no paper tickets . Its going to be a tough year for the scalpers.

Can sell on stub hub. But the option to wait until 10 minutes before game time at the game probably won't work this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT