ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa at tOSU as of Thursday PM tOSU -18.5 and o/u 44.5

I am not so sure… I think Iowa’s veteran defense and offensive line will really help… my question is why is this the 2nd time in a row we are playing on the road against OSU? Didn’t we play them in ‘22 at the shoe?

New schedule format with Pac-4, we played Wisconsin in '13 and '14 in Kinnick both years. Michigan in '84 and '85 for example. Schedule model used.

Reactions: castichawk24
if we had last year’s D (dejean in particular) to go with the less putrid offense of this year, maybe we could’ve slugged it out and hoped for a couple bounces. but as things stand line looks pretty realistic
Coop is still chasing that OSU receiver from a few years ago ... well until he pulled a hammy and was injured

As of 9:30 Central no movememt. Hawks still at +20.4 and o/u at 44.5.

Personally, I think if its an "over type game" Hawks have a chance.

Its a loss everyone knows it ( how many playoff teams know they are going to lose lol) it's just a matter of how much.
Good news is OhioSt has a big game at Oregon the next week, so they may clear the bench up 42-0 and save us a 56-7 beatdown.
Anything around 10-35 loss is considered a win.

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
As of 9:30 Central no movememt. Hawks still at +20.4 and o/u at 44.5.

Personally, I think if its an "over type game" Hawks have a chance.
Over lol means OSU 65 Hawks garbage time 20. Hope OSU is looking to Oregon and score a quick 28 and coast to a 10-35 type win.
That is a win for the Hawks. Last trip there, a 10-52 or whatever it was ass kicking, was seen as a decent outing by the Hawks.
Next year will be a nightmare. Like 4 at OhioSt type games next season.

Its a loss everyone knows it ( how many playoff teams know they are going to lose lol) it's just a matter of how much.
Good news is OhioSt has a big game at Oregon the next week, so they may clear the bench up 42-0 and save us a 56-7 beatdown.
I like Iowa ATS. I think we'll move the ball a bit, and we'll play better than expected. 24-13 OSU heading into the 4th quarter. OSU wins 31-17.

I am not so sure… I think Iowa’s veteran defense and offensive line will really help… my question is why is this the 2nd time in a row we are playing on the road against OSU? Didn’t we play them in ‘22 at the shoe?
It's certainly not been historically fair when it comes to location.

• 11/2/1985
  • Columbus, OH
  • 9/22/1984
  • Columbus, OH

• 9/24/1983
  • Iowa City, IA

• 11/15/1980
  • Iowa City, IA

• 11/10/1979
  • Columbus, OH

• 10/21/1978
  • Columbus, OH

• 10/15/1977
  • Iowa City, IA

• 10/9/1976
  • Iowa City, IA

• 10/11/1975
  • Columbus, OH

• 11/16/1974
  • Iowa City, IA

• 11/17/1973
  • Columbus, OH

• 9/16/1972
  • Columbus, OH

• 9/11/1971
  • Columbus, OH

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Over lol means OSU 65 Hawks garbage time 20. Hope OSU is looking to Oregon and score a quick 28 and coast to a 10-35 type win.
That is a win for the Hawks. Last trip there, a 10-52 or whatever it was ass kicking, was seen as a decent outing by the Hawks.
Next year will be a nightmare. Like 4 at OhioSt type games next season.
Go back to your Husker boards.

Reactions: nelly02
if we had last year’s D (dejean in particular) to go with the less putrid offense of this year, maybe we could’ve slugged it out and hoped for a couple bounces. but as things stand line looks pretty realistic
I see is us with 10 or 13 ….how many OSU gets is a matter of our D fatigue factor …if we get some bounces and turnovers we hold them to 30
If not, look out 👀

Thinking about it, it kind of sucks going into a game you're almost guaranteed to lose. There's no excitement or anticipation, it's almost as if there's no game happening at all.

Thinking about it, it kind of sucks going into a game you're almost guaranteed to lose. There's no excitement or anticipation, it's almost as if there's no game happening at all.
Mehh, I always have a little faith until the other team proves me wrong. I'm not sold on OSU being all world yet.
We will be hands down the toughest team they have faced.

You got us confused with your fuskers. When was the last time they beat someone ranked in the top 25?

Sorry, (and I'm not saying we'll win), but a 10-35 point loss is not "a win". Not now, not ever..

Iowa probably has as much chance in this game as Northern Illinois had vs Notre Dame. Shit happens.
The lines getting really close to the -17 of 2017 where we blew their doors off. (Yes I'm aware that game was in Kinnick). Still a couple of breaks or TO's early on like that one and who knows. Meyer was freaking clueless trying to stop the on slaught, and I doubt Day would be as bad, but....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT