ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City Police officer on camera hitting handcuffed woman

From reddit thread:
She is, i know her and she has been forcibly taken to rehab three times and came back to do this again each time. Every time she gets out she has a worse bender, and does have a history of physical assault on actual citizens. This OBVIOUSLY doesn’t excuse the police brutality and I’m disgusted but people really need to understand that this woman has a history of getting public intox and hitting people, including several of my friends.

Unable to control a drunk 100 pound lady? Dude cops looked like they lifted. Wow
Didn't the bar staff have issues as well. And usually at least some of the dudes working there are quite large.

Plus wasn't she reaching for officers taser or weapon, which would probably give a response of punches thrown. I mean she was clearly out of control.

I am sure the anti-cop contingent will be out in full force though.

Didn't the bar staff have issues as well. And usually at least some of the dudes working there are quite large.

Plus wasn't she reaching for officers taser or weapon, which would probably give a response of punches thrown. I mean she was clearly out of control.

Lol, she was in cuffs and dude repeatedly hit her in the back of the squad car. Defend this all you want, but that’s fvcking pathetic.

Why doesn’t really matter though, does it?
The actions are what matters.
Would have liked to see the police official version of events if they didn’t realize they were caught on video.

Any body cam video from the officer perspective? I’d like to see it and get the explanation why he needed to beat her. Yes, she was wrong to act like that but she was trashed, he wasn’t. If that was my daughter, I’d like to run into him somewhere off duty and see if he wanted to try that on me and tell him I hope his daughter, if he has one is never treated in the same manner by a police officer because he assaulted as well.

Last edited:
Any body cam video from the officer perspective?

de2jv5h-f401dfa1-6d68-439f-a73a-1509288ea7df.gif

I’m not going to excuse her behavior but I’m also not going to make excuses for a police officer who couldn’t control his emotions enough not to repeatedly punch a 100 pound drunk girl in cuffs.
I agree, that the offending officer needs to be investigated, retrained and charged if it is warranted. But these threads typically turn into a cop bashing fest.

I am glad the incident was recorded, as it is very important to not sit idly while a crime is being committed. If something potentially does not pass the smell test, it is important to document any possible infractions and communicate with authorities with concerns. Those bar patrons were being good citizens

I’m not going to excuse her behavior but I’m also not going to make excuses for a police officer who couldn’t control his emotions enough not to repeatedly punch a 100 pound drunk girl in cuffs.
Sounds like with this bitches history they should take her out back and feed her to the hogs. The World INSTANTLY becomes a better place.

I agree, that the offending officer needs to be investigated, retrained and charged if it is warranted. But these threads typically turn into a cop bashing fest.

I am glad the incident was recorded, as it is very important to not sit idly while a crime is being committed. If something potentially does not pass the smell test, it is important to document any possible infractions and communicate with authorities with concerns. Those bar patrons were being good citizens

Same rules and laws for everyone. If you feel like you need to assault a woman that is in custody, you should pay the consequences. "To serve and Protect"

Same rules and laws for everyone. If you feel like you need to assault a woman that is in custody, you should pay the consequences. "To serve and Protect"
isn't that what I said. Investigate it and go from there. Too many times both cops and people who commit the crimes are guilty in public's eye before complete investigation. Just let the shit play out

Whatever you say officer.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT