ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa governor signs ‘constitutional carry’ into law

Well I don’t think I fit the bill as dumb or lazy. But you go ahead and make wildly incorrect assumptions.

I guess I’d think of it as opportunity cost. Didnt seem to be worth the trouble for my odds of actually needing a gun on my person. Mainly because, as I have said prior many times, I’m generally optimistic to a fault. I have numerous guns. Just haven’t felt the need to spend the time or money on the permit. If I were the type that assumed someday I would need one I’d have done it.

Im not surprised you fail to see the nuance between a drivers license and this. You know a license to do something I do every single day and a license to have something I’d probably never need. Yeah. Just the same.

You fail to see the faults in your own rebuttal and further don't deny that you didn't want to have to go through the "process", which automatically tells me to be suspicious of you having a concealed weapon or open weapon without a permit. You are one of those of tough guys that knows the government/Leos might find something in your background.

Anyone that thinks we shouldn't restrict firearm rights more or equal to a driver's license is insane.

Clearly you’ve never been around guns. It’s funny when non-gun loving people speak as to why gun-loving people care about guns. Why do liberals constantly feel the need to choose how others think?
I grew up in the country and was around guns until my early 20s. I have had guns pointed at me by friends and watched hunters drink while hunting. There are way more irresponsible gun owners than you are willing to admit. Unless, of course, you are just cosplaying and never actually spent time in real gun culture.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
You fail to see the faults in your own rebuttal and further don't deny that you didn't want to have to go through the "process", which automatically tells me to be suspicious of you having a concealed weapon or open weapon without a permit. You are one of those of tough guys that knows the government/Leos might find something in your background.

Anyone that thinks we shouldn't restrict firearm rights more or equal to a driver's license is insane.
Right….. I have a medical license and federal and state controlled substance licenses. There’s nothing in my background I assure you. I’ve have had more background checks than a lot of people I’m guessing.

So that has exactly zero to do with it. God you’re a presumptive jackass.

One of them is a constitutional right the other isn’t. I let you do the research which is which.

Now we can debate whether you think one should be a constitutional right but fact of the matter is, it is.

The ‘Shall not be infringed’ part seems, I dunno, fairly straightforward forward.

Right….. I have a medical license and federal and state controlled substance licenses. There’s nothing in my background I assure you. I’ve have had more background checks than a lot of people I’m guessing.

So that has exactly zero to do with it. God you’re a presumptive jackass.

SO you were too lazy to get one permit rather than the other licenses and permits.....is what you are saying. Don't even pretend like those licensures and permits are the same. I may be a jackass, but I'm a jackass that knows the law and you are comparing apples to turnips.

One of them is a constitutional right the other isn’t. I let you do the research which is which.

Now we can debate whether you think one should be a constitutional right but fact if the matter is, it is.

The ‘Shall not be infringed’ part seems, I dunno, fairly straightforward forward.

It is not a constitutional right. Nixon appointee and Chief Justice of SCOTUS (far right winger)...

You don't have the right to own nukes, orange napalm, assault weapons, heavy round magazines.

SO you were too lazy to get one permit rather than the other licenses and permits.....is what you are saying. Don't even pretend like those licensures and permits are the same. I may be a jackass, but I'm a jackass that knows the law and you are comparing apples to turnips.
God you really are slow. The professional licenses are required to do my job. The other I’ve gotten along just fine without my entire life.

But now that don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops to carry, I’m considering it.

This is pretty easy actually.

Sorry if Pepsi, but I thought this ruling made people less safe. Basically telling a crazy where to go if they want to commit a mass shooting - because no one there will have a fun to fight back.

God you really are slow. The professional licenses are required to do my job. The other I’ve gotten along just fine without my entire life.

But now that don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops to carry, I’m considering it.

This is pretty easy actually.

Not really...you had to jump through hoops to get a drivers license. You had to jump through hoops to get insurance to keep a license. You had to jump through hoops to get a valid ID to smoke or vote. You had to get a valid ID to get those professional licenses. You are kicking the can down the road in your arguments. You want to get a side gun now, and only now for some other reason.

Now we can debate whether you think one should be a constitutional right but fact of the matter is, it is.

It took longer for the 2nd card to be played in this thread than I thought.

It is not a constitutional right. Nixon appointee and Chief Justice of SCOTUS (far right winger)...

You don't have the right to own nukes, orange napalm, assault weapons, heavy round magazines.
We are talking about a handgun. Unless you have such largess that one can hide an assault weapon on your person.

A pistol has never yet fallen into the type of weapon most Americans are looking to restrict.

If anyone is looking to start the next civil or revolutionary war that would be one way to do it.

We are talking about a handgun. Unless you have such largess that one can hide an assault weapon on your person.

A pistol has never yet fallen into the type of weapon most Americans are looking to restrict.

If anyone is looking to start the next civil or revolutionary war that would be one way to do it.

You obviously don't realize that there are laws in Iowa that restrict carrying non-firearms in your pockets. Knives over a number of inches, brass knuckles, etc. etc. Those are regulated without complaint by anyone outside of those that want to hurt people.

Not really...you had to jump through hoops to get a drivers license. You had to jump through hoops to get insurance to keep a license. You had to jump through hoops to get a valid ID to smoke or vote. You had to get a valid ID to get those professional licenses. You are kicking the can down the road in your arguments. You want to get a side gun now, and only now for some other reason.
Why is this so hard for you to understand? I’m dead serious.

All of these other licenses I require to live, work, and provide for my family.

At no time have I needed a CCW permit. So I have t gone through the trouble to get one. Now that it isn’t required so I’m leaning toward getting a handgun. The opportunity cost is now way lower.

You obviously don't realize that there are laws in Iowa that restrict carrying non-firearms in your pockets. Knives over a number of inches, brass knuckles, etc. etc. Those are regulated without complaint by anyone outside of those that want to hurt people.
Because those items arent generally thought of as personal protection.

The fact states are free to regulate those items is irrelevant to the law passed today. Iowa has decided to deregulate. Also in their purview.

Just come out and say it. You don’t think people should have the right to bear arms. That would be an easier debate than getting your ass kicked in this one.

Chemicals are regulated. Drugs are regulated. Someone needs a license to cut hair for chrissake. But guns? A simple online class and you can buy as many as you like.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Youre an odd dude. That’s like king of the non-sequiturs.

You only choose to respond to which you want to hear. You don't respond to the fact that there is no specific language in the constitution that proclaim it to mean. You refuse to deny that the government can regulate other things but not weapons of war. I suppose you are against food regulations as well.

Let's start locking women and children in NYC warehouses to do forced labor until their shifts are done. No wage restrictions, not benefits, and no limitation on number of hours per week....

Let's just turn society back a few generations.

You only choose to respond to which you want to hear. You don't respond to the fact that there is no specific language in the constitution that proclaim it to mean. You refuse to deny that the government can regulate other things but not weapons of war. I suppose you are against food regulations as well.
Because the constitution doesn’t say the right to sell food of any quality shall not be infringed.

Chicago had 16 times the number of homicides as the entire state of Iowa last year; doubt this new law will change that one little bit.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Because the constitution doesn’t say the right to sell food of any quality shall not be infringed.

2nd Amendment talks about well regulated State militias that have the right to bear arms. Not Joe Douchebag has the right to kill 140 people from a hotel room.

So you argue that State and Federal laws keeping bugs out of your food are unconstitutional? You probably don't believe in Miranda Rights either because they were not in the Constitution. Even though those rights are directly implicated in both state and federal constitution.

2nd Amendment talks about well regulated State militias that have the right to bear arms. Not Joe Douchebag has the right to kill 140 people from a hotel room.
Well killing 140 people is illegal irrespective of the second amendment.

The citizens of the state are what amounts to the militia.

The fact we are so heavily armed as a society is and always will be a huge deterrent to any attempt by any nation to attack us by ground. Let alone tyranny from our own government

If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. [Federalist 29]

• Haha
Reactions: IAHawk2011
So you argue that State and Federal laws keeping bugs out of your food are unconstitutional? You probably don't believe in Miranda Rights either because they were not in the Constitution. Even though those rights are directly implicated in both state and federal constitution.
Additional rights can be constructed and codified by precedent and new law. You’re referring to nullifying specifically constitutionally enumerated ones.

I'm done. I can't do this with complete hypocritical folks tonight. Somebody just wants to be a troll.
That because you’re getting owned. Really you are.

While I do troll from time to time, this isn’t one of them.

Yeah I want to meet the accountant who could effectively handle his range toy in the dark when someone wakes him up with their loud burglary. I dont believe people who say they have pistols for defense at home.
You don’t believe that we have a hand gun in a safe next to my wife’s side of the bed JUST in case something were to happen while I’m working an over night?

I’ve stated this a thousand times but a lot of posters on this board would be floored by how many guns are around them in public every day. A LOT more women conceal carry than you’d believe.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I grew up in the country and was around guns until my early 20s. I have had guns pointed at me by friends and watched hunters drink while hunting. There are way more irresponsible gun owners than you are willing to admit. Unless, of course, you are just cosplaying and never actually spent time in real gun culture.

There you go again using cosplaying instead of LARPing.

Twat.

That's why this is a great bill. If you don't get the permit to carry, you have to get a background check every time you buy a gun. If you get the permit to carry, you can buy as many guns as you want with no more checks. It's an incentive to take the class and gain training.

This law makes Iowa safer.
you mean the test that takes 5 min to take and you don't pay till you pass? is that the class you are talking about

Reactions: SquatchHawk
You don’t believe that we have a hand gun in a safe next to my wife’s side of the bed JUST in case something were to happen while I’m working an over night?

I’ve stated this a thousand times but a lot of posters on this board would be floored by how many guns are around them in public every day. A LOT more women conceal carry than you’d believe.
We had record gun deaths last year. More guns don't seem to be making us safer. In fact, the reverse seems to be true. Less regulation combined with more guns seems to be making us less safer.

We had record gun deaths last year. More guns don't seem to be making us safer. In fact, the reverse seems to be true. Less regulation combined with more guns seems to be making us less safer.
Surely, you’re smart enough to understand context. Your statement is missing a lot of it. Guns in America aren’t statistically in a vacuum. At least they shouldn’t be treated as such. And I’m ok with more regulation on a national level instead of state by state.

Chicago had 16 times the number of homicides as the entire state of Iowa last year; doubt this new law will change that one little bit.
Nationally, gun deaths increased by 25% following an uptick in sales. It's pretty

Surely, you’re smart enough to understand context. Your statement is missing a lot of it. Guns in America aren’t statistically in a vacuum. At least they shouldn’t be treated as such. And I’m ok with more regulation on a national level instead of state by state.
Of course there are a lot of variables. But the promise was that more guns and less regulation would lead to less deaths. Instead we saw the exact opposite and deaths went up by 25%. On its face it looks like the more guns promise has failed miserably.

Of course there are a lot of variables. But the promise was that more guns and less regulation would lead to less deaths. Instead we saw the exact opposite and deaths went up by 25%. On its face it looks like the more guns promise has failed miserably.

Some perspective. Heck, homicides as a whole were up 30% last year. We have promised that if you defund police, that crime will rise. Last year was a good example of fewer cops working the streets. If you want to make a difference with gun violence, you start with black and brown communities. Not rural Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT