ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has contacted 6’10” Osun Osunniyi. He's a 2X Defensive Player of the Year in the A-10

Here we go again
miss-swing.gif

I wonder if ISU has an edge since his teammate just committed.
Manny Bates from NC State, and Grant Basile from Wright State are both still the 2 priorities for that spot. Basile is visiting Ames this weekend, and Bates visited the middle of this week. I would rather have one of those guys over Osunniyi but he looks like a good player too.

You're right. No more recruiting! We will play our current players until they graduate and then just pick students out of the crowd to play. Utter nonsense!
I’m not sure if you missed the joke or just doubled down on the sarcasm to really drive the point home.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Evolve or die.
I suppose; it’s just too bad college hoops and football (to a certain extent) has apparently evolved into this, at least in the short run. However, long-term, I still think college coaches that develop relationships with high school recruits will retain more players in their programs vs programs like isu that continually need to utilize the portal for a large portion of their team.

Formerly of St. Bonaventure. He's played 4 full seasons so it looks like he has one season remaining due to the covid free year.

Last Season's stats:

32 GP
31 min
11.3 points
7.5 rebounds
2.9 blocks
.5 steal
1.5 assists

61% FG
50% from 3
64% FTs

ZERO chance we land this guy…ZERO! Unless we’re only going up against a walk-on spot with Florida Atlantic, we are a long shot at best. That’s what we get for being a garbage program for three decades.

ZERO chance we land this guy…ZERO! Unless we’re only going up against a walk-on spot with Florida Atlantic, we are a long shot at best. That’s what we get for being a garbage program for three decades.
If 20+ wins 8 of the last 10 years, and NCAA Tourneys in all but 2 eligible years make us garbage, then 85% of college BBall teams are garbage. If you put us in the top 10% of "garbage teams" I like our chances with several good prospects. While our chances of landing any named individual might not be great, we standout compared to most teams. Go Hawks!

If 20+ wins 8 of the last 10 years, and NCAA Tourneys in all but 2 eligible years make us garbage, then 85% of college BBall teams are garbage. If you put us in the top 10% of "garbage teams" I like our chances with several good prospects. While our chances of landing any named individual might not be great, we standout compared to most teams. Go Hawks!
Don't encourage him. He is just a troll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT