ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has contacted 6’10” Osun Osunniyi. He's a 2X Defensive Player of the Year in the A-10

You're working pretty hard to spin this in a negative light for ISU. We made the Sweet 16, which is a huge deal and it doesn't matter who we beat to get there. If you guys took care of business, like everyone in the country expected you to, you had an easy path the the Sweet 16, and maybe the Elite 8. You had an easy draw and you blew it. Iowa State has done that a few times in the last 20 years, also. It really sucks.
Yep….it doesn’t take much to get motivated when ISU fans post on a Hawkeye board….but the fact stands that Wisconsin wasn’t at full strength…. And believe me, I despise Wisconsin.

To the bold, we don't know. Quite frankly he looked terrible in the first half so I see no reason why that wouldn't continue in the second.

As for Davis, he might have been a little banged up but everybody is by that point of the season. I think the disadvantage there might have been offset by playing a de facto home game but I could be wrong.
Not true with their PG….he played well in most games….one bad half is the anomaly.

Not true with their PG….he played well in most games….one bad half is the anomaly.
Brockington had a bad game, 4 -15, Hunter was 1 - 10, and we still beat the BIG co-champ in their own backyard. My god, give it up. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: mrcyfan
Brockington had a bad game, 4 -15, Hunter was 1 - 10, and we still beat the BIG co-champ in their own backyard. My god, give it up. You’re embarrassing yourself.
Says the guy cheering on the clones on the Iowa board......wow.

Says the guy cheering on the clones on the Iowa board......wow.
No, the embarrassing thing is you making excuses for ISU’s 4th sweet 16 ( under 4 different coaches) since IA’s last sweet 16. I’m sure you’d say ISU lucked out every time. Give it up.

No, the embarrassing thing is you making excuses for ISU’s 4th sweet 16 ( under 4 different coaches) since IA’s last sweet 16. I’m sure you’d say ISU lucked out every time. Give it up.
Do you really think that if the clones had faced a team with a pulse in the first 2 rounds they would have won?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you really think that if the clones had faced a team with a pulse in the first 2 rounds they would have won?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Again, they can only beat the teams on the schedule. If you expect me to be bummed about about a Sweet 16 run it isn't going to happen.

Iowa didn't face a team with a pulse and still didn't win. It can certainly happen.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, if we had played Iowa twice, we still would have made the Sweet 16. But then, I guess Iowa didn’t have a pulse because they lost to a much lower ranked team in round one….. 😮🤭😮

Now you know your argument has failed.....offering up BS I've never stated and comments I've never made....you don't need to give up.....just keep making stuff up! lol

Again, they can only beat the teams on the schedule. If you expect me to be bummed about about a Sweet 16 run it isn't going to happen.

Iowa didn't face a team with a pulse and still didn't win. It can certainly happen.
The team Iowa played just won their conference tourney. They were on a roll, not down because their head coach got fired or because their star was playing on one leg.

• Love
Reactions: perryhawk
The team Iowa played just won their conference tourney. They were on a roll, not down because their head coach got fired or because their star was playing on one leg.

They were the 6th place team in the A10, and they got absolutely obliterated by 28 points by Providence in the next game. Were they down in the next game? Did a player get hurt? Did Richmond fire their coach between the games?

Richmond was the #84 team per the NET, ISU didn't lose to a team ranked that low all season.

They were the 6th place team in the A10, and they got absolutely obliterated by 28 points by Providence in the next game. Were they down in the next game? Did a player get hurt? Did Richmond fire their coach between the games?

Richmond was the #84 team per the NET, ISU didn't lose to a team ranked that low all season.
Iowa wore them out.

😉

• Love
Honestly I'll stop too here. Great day for Iowa basketball with Kris returning. Fran always impresses me with what he's able to get from the players and I'll be curious to see how the team does next season.

Reactions: perryhawk

They did lose to a poor 15-15 Oklahoma State by 17 points......

Reactions: BBHawk
NET Ranked #45, KenPom #34, ranked higher than every team in the A10, Q2 loss and one of ISU's worst of the season. Correct.
And Iowa was a net #14..........so, it's all matchups and how a team is playing on a particular day. Comparative scores don't mean a lot......I just threw the info out there as it seems like that's kind of the conversation that was going on.

Unlikely to be repeated in the second half. Did ISU's starting point guard miss half the game? Was ISU's best player playing with an injured ankle that left him less than his normal level of performance?
Dude - give it a rest. You look desperate to find excuses as to why Iowa State won a tournament game.

I guess on the surface you would say that…..but with their best player out….they were damn lucky.

A road game in college hoops is worth about 3 points on KenPom; losing 1 player that averages 7ppg is worth less than 1 point. Wisconsin still had an advantage and couldn't pull it off.

Dude - give it a rest. You look desperate to find excuses as to why Iowa State won a tournament game.
ISU fans coming to an Iowa board….that’s the motivation you might consider. I respect what ISU has done in recent history with their basketball program…. But find it ridiculous that their overzealous fans show up here after finally getting a win against the Hawks.

ADVERTISEMENT