ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa has contacted 6’10” Osun Osunniyi. He's a 2X Defensive Player of the Year in the A-10

ZERO chance we land this guy…ZERO! Unless we’re only going up against a walk-on spot with Florida Atlantic, we are a long shot at best. That’s what we get for being a garbage program for three decades.
What does that make you for following a "garbage program" for 3 decades? In addition, who are you railing against? The school, the fans, the coaches, who exactly? Everyone has changed over your 30 year period.

Can Fran actually land anybody? Goodness.

If he wasn’t so picky or selective we whould have someone by now

luckily we only need one player.

I don't think it's being picky; he's reached out to several bigs.

I hope I am wrong, but I think our lack of success is from getting outbid in this new NIL world, and is that Fran's fault? We don't even have an NIL Collective up and running and I have not heard when it will be

luckily we only need one player.

I don't think it's being picky; he's reached out to several bigs.

I hope I am wrong, but I think our lack of success is from getting outbid in this new NIL world, and is that Fran's fault? We don't even have an NIL Collective up and running and I have not heard when it will be
So, Iowa just got outbid by Iowa State? Time to shit or get off the pot if that's the case.

So, Iowa just got outbid by Iowa State? Time to shit or get off the pot if that's the case.

I honestly don't know if we got outbid in this particular case but I am pretty sure Clown U has an NIL Collective that's up and running

I do think we got outbid by Texas Tech for Fardaws Aimaq

And there were 3 reasons why Kirk retired; one of them was the NIL chaos that's going on.

The story:

Or take the dregs that IA State settles for.
LOL. Iowa fans used to call them "thugs", now it's "dregs", I guess. That's fine. Fran can't even get the "dregs" to visit. See the thread title. Maybe when Kris declares for the draft Fran can get that Ash kid to come back.

LOL. Iowa fans used to call them "thugs", now it's "dregs", I guess. That's fine. Fran can't even get the "dregs" to visit. See the thread title. Maybe when Kris declares for the draft Fran can get that Ash kid to come back.
Interesting thought. Iowa is coming off one of their best seasons in over 20 years, while IA State was a flash in the pan, finishing lower in the rankings and having to literally scrape together a team yet again. They might be able to get by a few years like this but it's not a long term solution. Your days are numbered, clone.

Interesting thought. Iowa is coming off one of their best seasons in over 20 years, while IA State was a flash in the pan, finishing lower in the rankings and having to literally scrape together a team yet again. They might be able to get by a few years like this but it's not a long term solution. Your days are numbered, clone.
And we kicked your ass by 20. Might be worse this year.

And we kicked your ass by 20. Might be worse this year.
You caught us early with a relatively new system. Your coach caught lightning in a bottle early then other teams figured him out. Not going to be so easy next year.

For all you managed to get from other teams, you lost more. Looking forward to the game in Iowa City. Iowa is going to kick your ass.

• Haha
Reactions: clonedaddy
You caught us early with a relatively new system. Your coach caught lightning in a bottle early then other teams figured him out. Not going to be so easy next year.

For all you managed to get from other teams, you lost more. Looking forward to the game in Iowa City. Iowa is going to kick your ass.
So.....on your planet the NCAA tournament was early in the season? Got it.

Don't you have a message board over there on Clownfanatic. GTFO.
iu

So.....on your planet the NCAA tournament was early in the season? Got it.
The clones got a very fortunate draw. First a team without a head coach then a team centered around one player who got injured.

Your team could barely score by the end of the year. If they were so great, how do you explain the Hawks ending up ranked higher than the clones? Evidently most voters respected Iowa more than ISU.

• Haha
Reactions: clonedaddy
Men's basketball series.
Statistics
Meetings total75
All-time seriesIowa leads 47–28
Largest victoryIowa, 105-77 (2020)
Longest win streakIowa, 10 (1909–1916)

ISU won last year....after Iowa had won 3 in a row........but get all cocky over that win last year.

Since the series resumed in 1970 it's 29-24 Iowa. It's a pretty even series honestly and it's been a good series of games for the most part.

TJ has been the coach at ISU for one year. We'll see if that game last year is a blip or a start of a trend. Also important to note is that outside of Iowa winning 5 in a row from 78-83 nobody has won more than 3 in a row since 1970. Nobody is going on these big, long, dominating winning streaks.

Since the series resumed in 1970 it's 29-24 Iowa. It's a pretty even series honestly and it's been a good series of games for the most part.

TJ has been the coach at ISU for one year. We'll see if that game last year is a blip or a start of a trend. Also important to note is that outside of Iowa winning 5 in a row from 78-83 nobody has won more than 3 in a row since 1970. Nobody is going on these big, long, dominating winning streaks.
It is cocky clone fans coming to this site bragging about their one-year streak that is ridiculous. As you said, the streak is at 3 for over the past 50+ years. Compare that to football and you'll see what real dominance is.

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk

Yeah....that's a realistic assessment....but the other blowhard squaking about kicking Iowa's ass because ISU won for the first time in four years.....and as BB said, coming to this board....that's stupidity.

Yeah....that's a realistic assessment....but the other blowhard squaking about kicking Iowa's ass because ISU won for the first time in four years.....and as BB said, coming to this board....that's stupidity.

Eh, I think the all things can be true or false. BB's first statement was pretty dumb too. Both guys are looking at one year and making long term predictions which if either was being honest they have no idea.

Eh, I think the all things can be true or false. BB's first statement was pretty dumb too. Both guys are looking at one year and making long term predictions which if either was being honest they have no idea.
What did I say about one year? That the clones were lucky? They were. MUCH luckier than Iowa, according to KenPom.

And football hasn't been competitive for years. The clones had a 5 year stretch at the end of Fry and the beginning of Ferentz. Including those 5 wins, Iowa has 28 wins to the clones 10 since 1983, and they won the last 6. That IS dominance. No other way to state it.

What did I say about one year? That the clones were lucky? They were. MUCH luckier than Iowa, according to KenPom.

You said ISU was a flash in the pan, implying it's going to be a one year thing, and that it's not a "long term solution". You literally have no idea if that is the case or not, or what the long term plan is for the ISU staff. To be honest I would have liked to finish in the rankings but ultimately the goal is to get to and win in the NCAA tournament and they did that amazingly well this year.

You thought ISU would be lucky to win 10 games, so I think you could say TJ has done an incredible job so far.

I think you're fundamentally misunderstanding the Luck stat from KenPom. It doesn't measure "luck" as we traditionally think of it. It's just a measure of how much wins each program got versus how many wins they were projected to get based on his algorithm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT