ADVERTISEMENT

<<< Iowa Hawkeyes 2018 NFL Draft Summary and Analysis >>>

Fools in the nfl will never learn, as much as I criticize Ferentz sometimes , if you play for him and shine, your character is outstanding , work ethic , the whole deal.
Keep picking the shiny busts that will be on YouTube in two years beating up their gf instead of the workhorse hawks that will be pro bowlers in two years
Idiots.

Last edited:
If they drop to rd2 they should have stayed at Iowa.
Daniels, I agree, but Jackson was a Thorpe finalist. Doubt he could have improved his draft stock much more. Not sure if this is the result of an over reliance on 40 times/combine numbers or what, but really no reason for Jackson to fall out of the first round.

Hope the Jags or even the (puke) Vikes take him. I’d rather he drop to round two than go to the Pats selfishly haha

Reactions: OnlyKnown4Waving
Its his 40 time.

Correct. Plenty of guys were studs just one year in college. NFL -- especially the first round -- is all about measurables and the potential for that to translate into a difference-maker. Teams are not going to take a corner who ran 4.56 40 in the first round.

Richard Sherman ran about the same time as Jackson and was taken in the 5th round back in 2011 (Jackson will go well before then).

I think both Jackson and Daniels get selected first half of round 2. Both made good decisions to go out. Jackson wasn't going to improve his draft stock any more. Guys don't really gain speed between their 4th and 5th years in college.

The reliance on measurables is why I wouldn't be super shocked to see Jewell and Wadley go undrafted. Teams just don't take LB's who run 4.84. Hope I'm wrong.

Correct. Plenty of guys were studs just one year in college. NFL -- especially the first round -- is all about measurables and the potential for that to translate into a difference-maker. Teams are not going to take a corner who ran 4.56 40 in the first round.

Richard Sherman ran about the same time as Jackson and was taken in the 5th round back in 2011 (Jackson will go well before then).

I think both Jackson and Daniels get selected first half of round 2. Both made good decisions to go out. Jackson wasn't going to improve his draft stock any more. Guys don't really gain speed between their 4th and 5th years in college.

The reliance on measurables is why I wouldn't be super shocked to see Jewell and Wadley go undrafted. Teams just don't take LB's who run 4.84. Hope I'm wrong.
Agreed with your post entirely up until the last paragraph. Wadley and Jewell going undrafted would shock me about as much as the NFL draft could potentially shock me

Its his 40 time.

I rarely post on the football board but the second paragraph was probably as worse as anything Kilroy ever said. Both will be drafted, book it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT