ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa House passes bill to ban ballot drop boxes, shorten return deadline

No, doesn't have to do with voting, this provision is specifically tailored so that if Donald Trump is a convicted felon he will still be eligible to be on the ballot in November.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Of course, felons that are still paying their debt to society should not be allowed to vote imo.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Doubling down on your own inadequacy like a true idiot
OK, can you do math? Given these numbers of votes and rejection rates, how did the total number of rejected votes go down from 2016 to 2020? There's no made up context here, you stated the fact that rejected ballots went down despite the huge increase in absentee votes.

You must be a liar and an idiot.

OK, can you do math? Given these numbers of votes and rejection rates, how did the total number of rejected votes go down from 2016 to 2020? There's no made up context here, you stated the fact that rejected ballots went down despite the huge increase in absentee votes.

You must be a liar and an idiot.
The percentage per vote went down not the total.

Of course there’s potential for fraud, and there are various safeguards to prevent them. You are focusing on the former and ignoring the latter.
What are the safeguards in place to prevent them? I am truly open minded on this issue.

FFS, this isn't about "appearance" or "aspects of the system". If Donald Trump loses an election, he and his supporters are going to claim fraud no matter what.

This bill is about the GOP trying to choose it's electorate by throwing up barriers to those they think are going to vote for the other party.
It would seem it would have more of an adverse impact on rural voters than urban voters. Maybe I am wrong to think rural voters have shifted conservative, but if they have, than the GOP would have an incentive embrace absentee voting.

Because there haven’t been charges or convictions on any scale. Despite republicans being desperate to find something.
To my point earlier, proving election fraud on absentee voting is very difficult. The lack of proof is not necessarily an indicator that it is not occurring.

Google is your friend. It has been discussed REPEATEDLY here.
Again...your response is an indication that you don't have a good answer to my question. You could go to Google, your friend, and find supporting evidence for Absentee Voting being vulnerable to fraud and that there is not much in place for safeguards to prevent it. Google is full of supporting evidence for both sides of the argument.

Of course, you are not obligated to defend your beliefs.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Again...your response is an indication that you don't have a good answer to my question. You could go to Google, your friend, and find supporting evidence for Absentee Voting being vulnerable to fraud and that there is not much in place for safeguards to prevent it. Google is full of supporting evidence for both sides of the argument.

Of course, you are not obligated to defend your beliefs.
No, it's simply a topic that I've discussed repeatedly and am frankly tired of googling again, for someone too lazy to look it up themselves.

You seriously think 1) someone requests a ballot, 2) state sends them the ballot, 3) someone fills it out and mails it back, 4) state receives and counts the ballot? No address/signature verification, nothing to authenticate the voter is who they say they are?

This isn't rocket science.

No, it's simply a topic that I've discussed repeatedly and am frankly tired of googling again, for someone too lazy to look it up themselves.

You seriously think 1) someone requests a ballot, 2) state sends them the ballot, 3) someone fills it out and mails it back, 4) state receives and counts the ballot? No address/signature verification, nothing to authenticate the voter is who they say they are?

This isn't rocket science.
Your response tells me you have not looked at this issue from the other side. The way you present Absentee Voting is how it likely occurs in rural America. This is not how it is likel done in highly populated urban America.

It is not rocket science how either political party could abuse absentee voting in areas of dense population. If you can't see that, then you are being naive.

No it isn't. Go talk to your county auditor, they'll be able to fill you in.
This is a productive suggestion. Thank you!

It is my guess there is no way a county auditor could provide an answer to how ballots that were harvested can be fully verified. However, it is worth me asking a county auditor.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
This is a productive suggestion. Thank you!

It is my guess there is no way a county auditor could provide an answer to how ballots that were harvested can be fully verified. However, it is worth me asking a county auditor.
What ballots were harvested in Iowa?

Start a Red Lobster rainbow trout dish thread and let's see if they comment on it.
its a trap GIF

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Your response tells me you have not looked at this issue from the other side. The way you present Absentee Voting is how it likely occurs in rural America. This is not how it is likel done in highly populated urban America.

It is not rocket science how either political party could abuse absentee voting in areas of dense population. If you can't see that, then you are being naive.
Everything is projection with MAGA's. Currently, I believe fraud is much more likely to occur in rural areas where one party (Republicans) control everything and there are few Democrats around to act as or to be allowed as election observers/workers.

In any big city, even those with overwhelming Democratic majorities, there is a huge pool of Republicans available as workers and observers.

And of course one of the highly ironic aspects of this whole made-up "issue" is that Donald Trump has actually been recorded asking election officials to commit election fraud. MAGA's are so full of shit.

Reactions: gohawks50
Everything is projection with MAGA's. Currently, I believe fraud is much more likely to occur in rural areas where one party (Republicans) control everything and there are few Democrats around to act as or to be allowed as election observers/workers.

In any big city, even those with overwhelming Democratic majorities, there is a huge pool of Republicans available as workers and observers.

And of course one of the highly ironic aspects of this whole made-up "issue" is that Donald Trump has actually been recorded asking election officials to commit election fraud. MAGA's are so full of shit.
Good grief...everything is MAGA with libs. There is no doubt in my mind Donald Trump is willing to participate in election fraud and direct others to do the same. He is human garbage.

Regarding your beliefs that fraud is more likely in rural areas than urban areas, I respect that you have an opinion. I disagree with it though. Ballot harvesting is much more likely to occur in urban areas, and ballot harvesting is where fraud would present itself.

Good grief...everything is MAGA with libs. There is no doubt in my mind Donald Trump is willing to participate in election fraud and direct others to do the same. He is human garbage.

Regarding your beliefs that fraud is more likely in rural areas than urban areas, I respect that you have an opinion. I disagree with it though. Ballot harvesting is much more likely to occur in urban areas, and ballot harvesting is where fraud would present itself.
Why do you believe ballot harvesting is more likely in urban areas? Do you have any proof of this?

Here is your proof:
I'm an Iowa voter, and I don't like the continued use of loosely monitored ballot drop boxes, now that covid is over. I see this practice as contributing to the appearance of a loosely run election.
Go work an actual election, it will wipe your mind of these conspiratorial fantasies that you harbor. If you’re unwilling to perform that civic duty and educate yourself in the process then you can just STFU about a subject you know nothing about and then GFY as well.

What is your issue then? Voting fraud in not an issue in Iowa. Do you agree?
I don't see it as an issue in Iowa. From my first post in this thread through this post, my only point has been absentee voting is vulnerable to fraud. It is difficult for me to see how it isn't.

At the suggestion of another poster, I have already reached out a county auditor requesting time to discuss.

I am open minded on the matter and am trying to understand all views.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
Please understand, that I don't need evidence,.. The fact that I don't trust aspects of the current system is my proof,.. You want people to trust the process?, then you have to address their concerns...
So you are an uninformed voter. Why should we change the process because you don't feel the current system is trustworthy? If you don't need evidence I don't think you should be voting. "Eff your feelings" I believe was your teams slogan for a while. Seems like it applies here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT