ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa House Republicans introduce their version of Florida ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill

In the theft example the stolen article is going to be obvious,.. In the bullying example the negative impact on the bullied child will also be obvious,.. What did the bullying child do wrong?,.. "You made Johnny cry and that's not only a bad thing to do, it is not allowed. Stop doing this or you will no longer be welcome here at school"...
The level of justification in this thread would be hilarious if they were not defending why Adults need to be able to speak to children about gender issues.

In the theft example the stolen article is going to be obvious,.. In the bullying example the negative impact on the bullied child will also be obvious,.. What did the bullying child do wrong?,.. "You made Johnny cry and that's not only a bad thing to do, it is simply not allowed. Stop doing this or you will no longer be welcome here at school"...
The kid will ask stop doing what? What do you say then? You can't discuss anything about sexuality.

Reactions: RileyHawk
In the theft example the stolen article is going to be obvious,.. In the bullying example the negative impact on the bullied child will also be obvious,.. What did the bullying child do wrong?,.. "You made Johnny cry and that's not only a bad thing to do, it is simply not allowed. Stop doing this or you will no longer be welcome here at school"...
What if the bully says I didn't hit Johnny, I don't know why he cried? What do I have to stop doing?

You realize these are kids, right? A 6 year old doesn't necessarily know right from wrong. Which is why they need constant guidance to tell the difference. But this bill strips teachers from giving this guidance.
You must not have kids. My 5 yr old knows right from wrong and when she is saying stuff she knows she shouldn’t.

The level of justification in this thread would be hilarious if they were not defending why Adults need to be able to speak to children about gender issues.
Um, because they are kids. Do you really think kids will be able to figure out why calling another kids parents gay slurs is unacceptable on their own?

You realize these are kids, right? A 6 year old doesn't necessarily know right from wrong. Which is why they need constant guidance to tell the difference. But this bill strips teachers from giving this guidance.
Yes. They are children.. exactly right huey.... which is exactly why they don't need to learn about sexual identity and the bullshit narrative that a teacher could in fact be referencing a third party as a way of correcting behaviors is bullshit.

You seem to be catching on.

What if the bully says I didn't hit Johnny, I don't know why he cried? What do I have to stop doing?
You have to stop teasing him about his family. It doesn’t need to do any further than that. If it does you bring the parents in. Why is that so hard?

You must not have kids. My 5 yr old knows right from wrong and when she is saying stuff she knows she shouldn’t.
So your 5 year old was born with the innate ability to know that fvck is a bad word and the innate ability to know that putting up your middle finger means, "Fvck you?" Or did you have to teach her that was not ok to say and do?

Reactions: gohawks50
You have to stop teasing him about his family. It doesn’t need to do any further than that. If it does you bring the parents in. Why is that so hard?
Kid asks what was I teasing him about? Where do you go from there?

Um, because they are kids. Do you really think kids will be able to figure out why calling another kids parents gay slurs is unacceptable on their own?
I doubt it happens much in K-3. There are so few this would impact, not many kids with two "dads." With the ads on TV all having to throw in a gay and a fat person (hilarious in the Gatorade commercials) and more and more a gay couple, maybe in 25-50 years this will be more accepted.

It's hard because that's not how kids respond. The bully is going to say "All I said was Johnny has 2 dads and that's true."

Yes. They are children.. exactly right huey.... which is exactly why they don't need to learn about sexual identity and the bullshit narrative that a teacher could in fact be referencing a third party as a way of correcting behaviors is bullshit.

You seem to be catching on.
But they already know. They are the ones calling the kids dads a slur. The kid was the one to bring the sexual slur into the classroom, remember. So how do you correct that?

Then he says but his parents are fags, you then bring the parents in of said child who hold the same beliefs. You discuss he had an issue bullying a kid, they ask you what was said, you have to say what he said and their reply is they are fags - why are teaching my kids about being gay? You teachers are why this world is going to hell.

315, you can't deny thats not a response from 5-10% of the kids and parents.

I doubt it happens much in K-3. There are so few this would impact, not many kids with two "dads." With the ads on TV all having to throw in a gay and a fat person (hilarious in the Gatorade commercials) and more and more a gay couple, maybe in 25-50 years this will be more accepted.
Wait a second. If sexuality isn't being brought into the K-3 classroom much then why the need for this bill?

Reactions: gohawks50
If you want to take the stance of "they could play stupid" sure.............. and the glove didn't fit.

Harassment is a crime.
I can't wait until your child gets old enough to show you how wrong you are about how kids respond to being told they are doing something wrong. They can be quite creative and are capable of playing stupid if it keeps them out of trouble.

Reactions: bunsen82
Wait a second. If sexuality isn't being brought into the K-3 classroom much then why the need for this bill?
I have no idea how much that is being brought into it, I mean gay slurs thrown at K-3 kids is likely very rare.

I can't wait until your child gets old enough to show you how wrong you are about how kids respond to being told they are doing something wrong. They can be quite creative and are capable of playing stupid if it keeps them out of trouble.
Hi,

I spent 6 years working for the DHHS and Epworth Village in York Nebraska focusing on a youth population with conduct disorder.

I'll be OK.

Thanks

• Haha
Then he says but his parents are fags, you then bring the parents in of said child who hold the same beliefs. You discuss he had an issue bullying a kid, they ask you what was said, you have to say what he said and their reply is they are fags - why are teaching my kids about being gay? You teachers are why this world is going to hell.

315, you can't deny thats not a response from 5-10% of the kids and parents.
Yep. The bullies parents will simply point to this bill and say, "You can't teach my kids about this stuff. So STFU!" And they teacher is fvcked. Bully can go right back and target the victim all over again.

Reactions: bunsen82
Not sure you get this, but this whole bill is a game of what if. We've asked a billion times for proof this bill is needed and we're still waiting.
O no no no I get it.

The only justification you lefties can give for why a non parent adult needs to be able to speak to a 6 year old about sexual identity is a giant what if about bullying.

Meanwhile, Mr. Garrison is having conversations with all the 6 year olds about how being gay is really cool because when he was in school he was gay, Tommy picked on him, and that wasn't cool..

Whoever thinks 5-year-olds have "sexuality" or need to talk about their sexuality with anyone other than their parents is a groomer plain and simple. This seems very simple, if a little kid comes to their teacher and says they feel like a boy/girl today, leave it alone. They're 5... tomorrow they might feel like they're a tomato. Kids go through phases especially at that age. It's not the public teacher's job to encourage or discourage a young child's sexuality. I was watching an episode of Family Matters from the first season the other night and they were talking about bullying then... There's nothing new under the sun.

How old were the kids?
The youngest I ever worked with was 8 ( if memory serves) and was in there because he lit his parents home on fire. Arson wasn't the issue with him though, he learned very young in life that if he shit himself and smeared it all over himself, or his room, or the bathroom, or the kitchen his step father wouldn't rape him. So we had shit all over the facility.

You can imagine some of the creative ways an 8 year old explains why there is shit all over him and the walls yet he didn't do it.

Oldest was 18.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
You can imagine some of the creative ways an 8 year old explains why there is shit all over him and the walls yet he didn't do it.
Exactly, but you think a K-3 (5-9 year olds) are going immediately understand and admit to bullying behavior with out saying things like I described? I would assume some of the kids you worked with played dumb as well. I'm curious what options were available for discipline in your facility? I assume those children where under state supervision 24/7, is that the case?

Hahaha.... you think Timmy is going to be less of an asshole because Mr. Garrison reads a damn book and then he goes home listening to his mom and dad talk about "fags" all day?

Bullshit.

It's a Trojan horse.

Here is an ugly truth that gets people all bent out of shape, there are alot of people who go into teaching because they want to be around children all day and put their personal struggles on them. Similar to how many addictions counselors have addictions. They are wounded healers.
How many is "alot"?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT