ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Illinois thread

Bert just stated that Altmyer is healthy and the starter for the Iowa game. I am not only surprised, but rather pleased.
I'll take him as he is more of a known vs the guy that is hotter than hell where you are not sure what you will get.

Frankly, why would Bert say he is going to be the starter?? Why not make Iowa game plan for 2 QBs?? OR is Bert crafty enough to think we will game plan for Altmyer and he is going with the other guy?? (I doubt it)

Last edited:
Reactions: desihawk
I'll take him as he is more of a known vs the guy that is hotter than hell where you are not sure what you will get.

Frankly, why would Bert say he is going to be the starter?? Why not make Iowa game plan for 2 QBs?? OR is Bert crafty enough to think we will game plan for Altmyer and he is going with the other guy?? (I doubt it)
Not sure why you would doubt that:

"As of yesterday, Luke (Altmyer) has been totally cleared to play. Because of that, he is our starting quarterback before he left and that's where I sort of see it now .... if there's any part of that that gets gray, we have a guy that has proven he can play..."

means very little which guy starts. unless the starter is hot we’ll see both guys. phil will need to account for both.

So this is Bert's first trip to Kinnick dressed as a giant jack 'o lantern. He missed 2021 because he had covid. Our lower east side fans should have a little something extra for him Saturday.

I'm not concerned about Iowa's defense stopping Illinois, regardless of who the QB is. When Iowa has any struggles on defense it's usually because of a great rushing game, which Illinois doesn't have. Gunslingers rarely have a good game against Iowa. Altmyer can run, but no better than Wimsatt, whom Iowa handled.

The biggest question will be, of course, the offense. If the Rutgers game offense shows up we win handily. If the MN/NW offense rears its ugly head again, it could be another nail-biter. Illinois is a very similar team to Purdue on offense and defense, and the Boilers destroyed them, which is why I feel pretty good about this game.

Iowa 27
Illinois 13

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT