ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Iowa in the 2024 NFL Draft: Who Could Get Taken?

RossWB

HR Heisman
Staff
Feb 1, 2006
Very speculative at this point, but what is the offseason for if not for speculation?

Pending some breakout performances, next year's NFL Draft could be more of a Day 3 affair for Iowa players than this year's draft, which ended up being front-loaded to an unusual degree.

After one of the most successful NFL Drafts for Iowa in the Kirk Ferentz Era, Iowa will look to make it 46 years in a row with at least one draft pick in 2024. Based on the players who will be eligible for next year's draft, it looks like a pretty safe bet that streak should continue for another season.

One trend that -- for now -- looks unlikely to continue is Iowa's recent hot streak in the first round. Iowa has had at least one first-round pick in four of the last five drafts, with six total in that span.

There isn't anyone on Iowa's roster in 2023 who projects at a first-round level right now, though that could change — after all, none of T.J. Hockenson, Noah Fant, Lukas Van Ness, and Jack Campbell were considered surefire first-round picks before their final seasons at Iowa, yet all four heard their names called on Day 1.

Still, at present it looks like Iowa's 2024 draft class may have more depth than high-end talent. Here's a position-by-position rundown of Iowa's 2024 NFL Draft possibilities.

MORE HERE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/iowa-in-the-2024-nfl-draft-who-could-get-taken-

If I set the over-under on draft picks for Iowa next year at 3.5, which side would you take?

I could see DeJean, Erick All or Logan Lee having great years and breaking in to the first three rounds. They have already proven quite a bit on the field and each one of them as a high ceiling.

fully agree, but sending talent to the league at some point has to help recruiting. In state prospects this year certainly see it. Just need to land Brix.
I have often thought the same. The success in the draft is great, and certainly KF and staff should be proud of that. It seems the NFL draft success equals recruiting success. If you are a top level LT, the scouts will find you no matter the school. Other schools have good coaches with history of NFL draft success too. While it is something this staff is excellent at, it doesn't always equal success when recruiting the Jimmys and the Joes.

any idea how fast Cooper is in the 40?

He has very good size for a CB, and still good for a safety but as we know, S is not normally a high picked position.

He is slightly bigger than Christian Gonzales, who ran a 4.38. If CDJ can run in the 4.45 or lower range, I could see him easily in the first round. 4.5+ then probably a 2nd/3rd rounder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT