ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa investigators search for man kidnapped at gunpoint along I-80 in Cass County

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
An unidentified person traveling near the Marne exit of Interstate 80 on Saturday evening has been reported kidnapped at gunpoint.

The Cass County Sheriff's Office is requesting the public notify investigators if a family member from the surrounding area has not returned home, according to a news release distributed overnight by the Iowa Department of Public Safety.
According to the Cass County Sheriff's Office, an emergency dispatcher received a call at about 5:10 p.m. from someone who had been flagged down just south of I-80 near Exit 51 for Marne. An alleged victim told the caller that they had been kidnapped in Lincoln, Nebraska, and were forced to drive to Chicago by a man with a gun.

The driver from Lincoln reported being told by the gunman to take Exit 51, where he pulled a gun on a second vehicle driving by and then entered that vehicle at gunpoint. The exit is located along I-80 between the Walnut and Atlantic exits.

The carjacked vehicle was described as a silver Chevy two-door pickup truck operated by an older white man with a beard. The vehicle proceeded eastbound on Interstate 80.

The suspect was described as a Black man in his late 20s or early 30s with well-trimmed hair and a stubble beard who is 5 foot, 10 inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds. He was wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.
Investigators from Cass County are working with multiple law enforcement agencies and are requesting missing persons be reported. The nonemergency contact for Cass Couty's 911 Communications Center is 712-243-2204.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT