Block vs. Redding 6-3
Parco vs. Ech 9-3 wouldn’t be shocked if Ech won
Teemer vs Paniro 12-3
Caliendo vs. Chittum? 16-3
Gabe vs Gaitan 19-3
Nelson vs. Boeckman 22-3
Buchanan vs Carroll 25-3
Ben vs Bastida 25-6
Upsets will happen of course but that’s just how I see it. Lineup could look a lot different if Dresser convinces Ech to make 41 again.

Not sure if Kale can make 25 and I thought Buchanon was eligible until second semester. Would love to see final score as what you’re predicting though!!

Reactions: el dub
I doubt ISU's lineup is anywhere close to being established.
Remember when I said Kennedy would fit at Minny or ISU?
By all accounts, PK is a great kid. I hope he finds a good landing spot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
Kennedy is in the student directory still?
Yeah, I don't know how accurate those are and it's probably a deal where names get deleted slower than names get added.
With all the discussion both ways on this site, I'm still not sure who's eligible and when for the Hawks.
But this sure has been an active off season for the fans.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
As fun as it is to read a prediction of Iowa stomping the clowns, I doubt either lineup is anywhere near settled, even up to the week of who really knows who will be out there.

Reactions: MitchLL and 12tdsaw
I don't understand the level of confidence in GA over PK. No doubt last year was tough for PK. Got caught up in the gambling issue, injured, lost his 165 spot to Caliendo. In 2024, PK wrestled a schedule a that included 4matches against 3 different national champions and and overtime loss to the runner up at 174. He was one match short of All American. PK won the U23 national championship.

GA has looked limited offensively at the college level so far. He has not faced anywhere near the level of competition PK has faced. GA lost at U20 nationals.

I certainly don't think GA should be gifted 174 over PK.

Last edited:
Not a good rumor to start unless you are sure it is true Mitch.
Not a rumor.
It's not exactly a secret that there's no spot for PK given Caliendo/Gabe.

Everyone else can state their opinion and that's what I did. PK has been at Iowa for 4? years and no AAs after coming as a very highly ranked recruit. I think we know his ceiling is probably low AA.
The "landing spot" phrasing probably wasn't wise, I admit.
You new here?

Last edited:
Youre right…. You’re implying that you’re a clown with a big mouth is much more demure.
After all the stuff on this site in the last few weeks and you're "worked up" about some of my opinions????
LOL

I doubt ISU's lineup is anywhere close to being established.
Remember when I said Kennedy would fit at Minny or ISU?
By all accounts, PK is a great kid. I hope he finds a good landing spot.

PK knew he would be battling Caliendo and Arnold back when the portal was actually open and he didn’t enter it then. Nothing has changed there. Now, he’s not able to transfer to a D1 and wrestle this year unless he has his degree and is going to grad school. I guess two things could have happened to change his status: he finished his degree and had a chance of heart. Not super far fetched, I guess.

Reactions: tiltman and Jcchawk
After all the stuff on this site in the last few weeks and you're "worked up" about some of my opinions????
LOL
Roger Falling GIF by American Dad

Reactions: MitchLL
I don't understand the level of confidence in GA over PK. No doubt last year was tough for PK. Got caught up in the gambling issue, injured, lost his 165 spot to Caliendo. In 2024, PK wrestled a schedule a that included 4matches against 3 different national champions and and overtime loss to the runner up at 174. He was one match short of All American. PK won the U23 national championship.

GA has looked limited offensively at the college level so far. He has not faced anywhere near the level of competition PK has faced. GA lost at U20 nationals.

I certainly don't think GA should be gifted 174 over PK.
Gabe looked a bit limited but the wrestlers he faced last year were high caliber wrestlers with a lot of talent. I don't think many others put up big offense against them, maybe the ISU guy because he stumbled badly last year. And those matches were up a weight. Gabe did show good offensive explosion with the double leg or single leg. I like PK and Gabe. 74 will be up in the air til sometime in January or February is my guess. PK is a grinder and will keep coming at GA who is strong as a ox with good defense and that explosion factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: blcoach80
I apologize if I've been out of line with some of my posts the last few days.

We're mostly all fierce Hawk fans with different views and opinions. It seems like Hawkeye wrestling has really been under the microscope recently.

Hopefully everything settles down ASAP.

PK knew he would be battling Caliendo and Arnold back when the portal was actually open and he didn’t enter it then. Nothing has changed there. Now, he’s not able to transfer to a D1 and wrestle this year unless he has his degree and is going to grad school. I guess two things could have happened to change his status: he finished his degree and had a chance of heart. Not super far fetched, I guess.
This is my thoughts as well. PK is in the same boat as last year with 165/174. Maybe even better since his suspension status isn't in question and he isn't injured currently that we know of. Coming off a great U23 I'm sure PK feels he has every chance to be the guy at 174, just like GA. Didn't PK's brother sign with the Hawks, or am I misremembering that? Same with Drake? That doesn't make sense if them or their families weren't all in on the Hawks imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT