ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa lands former Villanova PG Lucy Olsen

She's got a great pull-up jumper, similar to Beukers in that regard. (Something I think CC22 discarded from her game, or simply still need to improve.) It's going to open some great open shots for 3pt. shooters, but Olsen has that range in her bag too. I think she's really good, and only going to be better as a Hawkeye. Opportunity to be a big (bigger) star.
To me, she looks like a wizard of sorts the way she operates in the paint. Nice handles and fearless at her size in the paint.

Tell me what exactly did feurbach do that was so enamoring to automatically be slotted into the starting spot next year and allotted major minutes? Fill me in. She needs to take as big or bigger steps in her game than mccabe does and she’s 2years older
I watched Fuerbach tip a number of passes during the big ten and NCAA tourneys which turned into big turnovers. She hit some big shots. She is fast an agressive. She can go get rebounds

I think she needs to improver her dribbling. She sometimes drives to the hoop, likes to drive the baseline, but then cannot reverse herself out of a jam. She could be a slasher to the rim to go along with some good arc shooting. I think she will play 15 to 25 minutes a game to start the next season.

• Love
Reactions: cmhawks99
Let me guess, Iowa dug deep into their NIL fund to land her? Lol.

Maybe we should just dump the men’s program altogether and focus resources on the women’s team. Lisa Bluder might possibly make Iowa a women’s basketball powerhouse if this continues.

I’m honestly happy for the women’s program. I just wish the men’s team had some semblance of relevancy.
Well UConn seems to be able to have both a great men's and women's teams

I watched Fuerbach tip a number of passes during the big ten and NCAA tourneys which turned into big turnovers. She hit some big shots. She is fast an agressive. She can go get rebounds

I think she needs to improver her dribbling. She sometimes drives to the hoop, likes to drive the baseline, but then cannot reverse herself out of a jam. She could be a slasher to the rim to go along with some good arc shooting. I think she will play 15 to 25 minutes a game to start the next season.
Yeah, she has a habit of dribbling into jams. It's an issue. Hoping this part of her game improves over the summer.

Well UConn seems to be able to have both a great men's and women's teams
Yeah, and they’re about the only one.

Regardless, do deep pockets for NIL only apply to the men’s game? What’s the going rate for a transfer in women’s basketball who was the third leading scorer in the country? 5k? 50k? Higher? Lower?

?

Tell me what exactly did feurbach do that was so enamoring to automatically be slotted into the starting spot next year and allotted major minutes? Fill me in. She needs to take as big or bigger steps in her game than mccabe does and she’s 2years older
As I have said many times on here Kylie's defense is why she's probably going to start over McCabe.

Reactions: nu2u

⬆️….well said!

As I have said many times on here Kylie's defense is why she's probably going to start over McCabe.
I believe Feuerbach will start also, at least to start the season. She and Affolter will likely be expected to be the senior team leaders in the first season post-Clark.

She’s connected, understands the Frame work of the offense & defense. Is extremely Athletic & 6ft, not 5-9.

Better handles, rebounding, going to the rack, etc, etc..
Funny, she was sitting on the bench behind a 5’9 girl all season. She’s the obvious frontrunner to start next season just because she was backing gabby up. I just don’t see her having the game to fill that roll, i see her as being a defensive stopper and that’s it. Ive seen very little showing me she’ll provide much of anything offensively. I see mccabe as being a lethal 3 pt weapon and being a competent defender making her the better option.

Probably right. I just saw how much of a liability gabby was this season when she couldn’t hit anything during the regular season, which is exactly what we’ll get from feurbach imo. Maybe she’ll take major strides offensively, or with Clark being gone may make a difference as well. Mccabe shot 46% from 3 this year on a pretty decent amount of shots, just don’t think you can keep that production off the floor. And it’s not exactly like she’s jordan bohannon out there trying to defend, she’s competent on that end of the floor as well.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Feuerbach has a ton of work to do. She's quick and very athletic and plays good d but her handles aren't good and she only had one good shooting game where she had 3 3's. Maybe one of the freshman will push her or possibly over take her
She could greatly benefit from hitting the weightroom hard these next 7 months, IMO.

Probably right. I just saw how much of a liability gabby was this season when she couldn’t hit anything during the regular season, which is exactly what we’ll get from feurbach imo. Maybe she’ll take major strides offensively, or with Clark being gone may make a difference as well. Mccabe shot 46% from 3 this year on a pretty decent amount of shots, just don’t think you can keep that production off the floor. And it’s not exactly like she’s jordan bohannon out there trying to defend, she’s competent on that end of the floor as well.
Tough decision for the coaches but they'll probably get equal minutes.

She’s connected, understands the Frame work of the offense & defense. Is extremely Athletic & 6ft, not 5-9.

Better handles, rebounding, going to the rack, etc, etc..
Looking at the athleticism on display in women’s basketball these days, I would not describe Feurbach as extremely athletic. That is not meant to be a knock on her, but there are some very athletic girls in basketball right now. Fuerbach has skills but will need to improve a lot if she is a starter next year.

Funny, she was sitting on the bench behind a 5’9 girl all season. She’s the obvious frontrunner to start next season just because she was backing gabby up. I just don’t see her having the game to fill that roll, i see her as being a defensive stopper and that’s it. Ive seen very little showing me she’ll provide much of anything offensively. I see mccabe as being a lethal 3 pt weapon and being a competent defender making her the better option.

That’s fine? Not my decision, but we had a ton of dissenting opinions about last years team…and someone actually did know better than us…🤷‍♂️

I’ll be more than satisfied, regardless, of who she decides to start I would just personally be shocked if it was McCabe over Feurbach…

Just my opinion 🤔

OK, I’ll take another stab at this, and keep in mind. Several of us that watch the team super close have said the same thing all year…

I get everyone is in love with her shooting. But she has a weird disconnectedness to the offense and defense. I can’t really explain it. Somebody else might be able to come along and explain it in a different fashion, but many of us are baffled by the incredible love affair….🤷‍♂️

She is plenty athletic and quick and she’s a decent ballhandler, but definitely not an electric one.

She’s not going to take the ball to the rack very often, at least as of yet, she’s not a great passer, and her defense on the ball was adequate, but so often she just bounced around, literally looking like she didn’t know for sure what she was supposed to be doing.

She’s young, I think she has big upside, but this new girl, Feurbach, Affolter & Stuelke have to be on the floor. And from there, I guess it depends.?!
In 2 years, she is 1/10 inside the arc, so yeah she definitely hasn’t demonstrated she can do much on offense other than catch and shoot.

That’s fine? Not my decision, but we had a ton of dissenting opinions about last years team…and someone actually did know better than us…🤷‍♂️

I’ll be more than satisfied, regardless, of who she decides to start I would just personally be shocked if it was McCabe over Feurbach…

Just my opinion 🤔
I would also be shocked. I won’t be shocked if a change is made at some point though. Maybe Feurbach looks way better next season, which is a distinct possibility with Clark gone. Playing with someone like Clark it would be hard to navigate finding a role offensively

Damn Girl Wow GIF

I was not expecting that! Hugeeeeee!

Let me guess, Iowa dug deep into their NIL fund to land her? Lol.

Maybe we should just dump the men’s program altogether and focus resources on the women’s team. Lisa Bluder might possibly make Iowa a women’s basketball powerhouse if this continues.

I’m honestly happy for the women’s program. I just wish the men’s team had some semblance of relevancy.

Fran and his men have already had plenty of chances.

OK, I’ll take another stab at this, and keep in mind. Several of us that watch the team super close have said the same thing all year…

I get everyone is in love with her shooting. But she has a weird disconnectedness to the offense and defense. I can’t really explain it. Somebody else might be able to come along and explain it in a different fashion, but many of us are baffled by the incredible love affair….🤷‍♂️

She is plenty athletic and quick and she’s a decent ballhandler, but definitely not an electric one.

She’s not going to take the ball to the rack very often, at least as of yet, she’s not a great passer, and her defense on the ball was adequate, but so often she just bounced around, literally looking like she didn’t know for sure what she was supposed to be doing.

She’s young, I think she has big upside, but this new girl, Feurbach, Affolter & Stuelke have to be on the floor. And from there, I guess it depends.?!
I love Taylor and I really hope everything hooks up for her at some point soon and things start to click, but to me, the game still seems to be moving way too fast for her. She has all the tools, but she's still processing too much information. Like she's not sure where her help is or where she's supposed to be, anytime things get hectic on the offensive side of the floor. She'll be a bucket when things finally click for her, but that hasn't happened yet.

I think she needs to improver her dribbling. She sometimes drives to the hoop, likes to drive the baseline, but thencannot reverse herself out of a jam. She could be a slasher to the rim to go along with some good arc shooting. I think she will play 15 to 25 minutes a game to start the next season.

Fuerbach just needs more minutes. She'll settle down and do fine.

This isn't true at all. Kylie was the second best defensive player on the team last year and will be our best defender this coming year.

Not the prettiest looking shot but she’s got good handles and isn’t afraid of contact. She’s going to have the green light anytime I’m sure. We badly need somebody like her who can create her own shot.

Alright, she needs to ditch the black shoes right now. Between Van Lith and the 1989 Iowa Football team, I can't take the optics of slow feet anymore.

Reactions: *hawksrock*
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT