ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

The whole family would be thrilled if Yo is a Hawk....which I expect is going to happen. If not, so be it. They have the means to fly to his games due to Eppy's work. He has family at all the major universities he is visiting. That family is the epitome of humbleness and class. They deserve every ounce of success they get.

Things we have in our favor:

Iowa City is within driving distance
They love our coaches
They trust our coaches and the potential position coach
Eric is already on the team
Already had a son go through the current program and had amazing success
If any family truly bleeds black and gold it's the Epenesa's. If Sam would've gotten an Iowa offer she would've been a Hawk. AJ was named after Jared Devries for god's sake :)

Ultimately, it is up to Yo and where he wants to spend his 4 years. He's earned the right.

That family embodies everything that is right with this world.
I mentioned many of these in post 582. Didn't mention driving distance because Misery is closer.

You obviously know the family, I only met Eppy at a tailgate a few years back. You are right, great family. Hoping Iose sees we check the boxes better than his other visits. Would have felt better if he was in Iowa City this weekend but I don't remember AJ visiting on our big weekend either.

So, you typed something completely stupid and instead of bowing out gracefully, you chose to double down on stupid and compare the Proctor debacle to a family going through the process of choosing a school that’s the best fit for their son.

Take the L and STFU.
You look like you have the brain of a slug. You will get what you are looking for.

You look like you have the brain of a slug. You will get what you are looking for.

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

being Gen X I have seen many a tadpole wrecked by an old bear after calling that old grizzly a Boomer. It is a quick way to get sorted real fast and reeks of soy infused weakness to use as an insult. Just sayin .
Naw, it's always good to reduce people to simple stereotypes.... whether it's race, gender, age. Whatever.

Last edited:
Marcus is the Publisher for Canes County, which is part of the Rivals network.

In the story, Iose said he found a "family feel" at Miami.

Jason Taylor is a former player and current defensive ends coach at Miami. He played as a defensive end and linebacker in the NFL, spending the majority of his career with the Miami Dolphins.

Jason Taylor is a former player and current defensive ends coach at Miami. He played as a defensive end and linebacker in the NFL, spending the majority of his career with the Miami Dolphins.

Learn from a guy who played in the NFL
Or
Learn from a guy who puts guys in the NFL…..

I read the article and nowhere does he rave about Miami. Says some nice things but nothing glowing. On the family aspect basically that they just all like each other. Not like that at all schools. Now, he may pick Miami, but nothing stood out. On Taylor, said just good to listen to him and learn things.

I read the article and nowhere does he rave about Miami. Says some nice things but nothing glowing. On the family aspect basically that they just all like each other. Not like that at all schools. Now, he may pick Miami, but nothing stood out. On Taylor, said just good to listen to him and learn things.
Things with these articles even for guys who visited Iowa this week. Usually same thing about how they enjoyed it. Can’t get too much from these. When’s last time you read about how someone was like I hated it. Horrible weekend, this place sucked.

Things with these articles even for guys who visited Iowa this week. Usually same thing about how they enjoyed it. Can’t get too much from these. When’s last time you read about how someone was like I hated it. Horrible weekend, this place sucked.
Similar to people getting hyped about highlight videos of kids

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
I'll say it again. That family is the epitome of Hawkeye and they literally bleed black and gold. I will be stunned if he's not a Hawk. But Yo has earned the right to take visits and make sure he is finding what's best for him.

I'll say it again. That family is the epitome of Hawkeye and they literally bleed black and gold. I will be stunned if he's not a Hawk. But Yo has earned the right to take visits and make sure he is finding what's best for him.
Totally agree. Fingers crossed he picks the good guys!

Reactions: kkhawk
Is there a date when Iose is supposed to announce where he's going? With all of these players committing recently, I've been trying to keep my eye on social media.

We lost WR Kyler Kasper, in large part, because of our incompetent offense.

I am with you; I will be very surprised if he says "no" to playing for Bell and Parker.

At the same time, who knows what type of "NIL" money is being thrown around that could put a wrench in things.

Is there a date when Iose is supposed to announce where he's going? With all of these players committing recently, I've been trying to keep my eye on social media.

Iose, of course, has now completed his official visits at Penn State, Missouri, Iowa, Utah and Miami. A decision could be coming soon.

No official announcement date has been set but there was this from the Gazette:

“And then we can evaluate all 5 of these visits and try to figure it out,” Eppy Epenesa said. “If he needs to go back to anything else, we will. … And then if our son feels good about the whole thing, then we’re going to pick a school.”

Honestly, how Miami is still able to recruit at a high level is beyond me. They've been a downed program for quite some time. Most of these kids coming in now would only know about the lore of Miami because they've so largely been irrelevant on the national level for at least a decade and a half now.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
We lost WR Kyler Kasper, in large part, because of our incompetent offense.

I am with you; I will be very surprised if he says "no" to playing for Bell and Parker.

At the same time, who knows what type of "NIL" money is being thrown around that could put a wrench in things.
We lost Kasper partly because of the reputation of the WR room but we lost him mainly due to his 1 million offer from Oregon and the coaching staff and pull of the Oregon commits located in the desert.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT