ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

Yep, that’s why he put in a crystal ball. He’s pretty sure, but he hasn’t given a verbal yet.

Hey, I’m sure if you’ve heard, but Kakert also gave a CB? Have you heard about that?

Hey, what do you think about the season? Hawks should be pretty good this year. You with me?
Can't wait for opening day...best day of the year! Get to see my friends back in the home state, tailgate and take in a Great college football experience. It's a privilege. When I walk through the tunnel to our seats, my wife gets the same Rudy line every year. "This is the most beautiful site these eyes have ever seen".

I'm with you, Birk! Go Hawks!!!

You say you “Don’t give two shakes about the rankings” …

…When there’s a reason pretty much everybody gets more excited about landing a four-star or five-star recruit.

Hypothetical: If asked to choose between two DEs - only one of them can be signed in the recruit class. One recruit has four (or five) stars next to his name, the other has three stars next to his name…

…99.9% of the time the four (or five) star recruit will be chosen solely on the number of stars.

YOU may not “give two shakes about rankings” but almost everybody else does.

The guys providing the analysis leading to the rankings? It’s their job.
And much of the time they don't know anymore about many of the players then you or I do. THATS the point. These analysts have become an industry all their own. If you actually think they can provide an adequate basis for a difference between some kid playing 6A ball in California and 3A ball in Iowa then I don't know what to tell you. If you think they can REALLY evaluate the 10's of thousands of kids who play high school football every year and get a real picture of where each player is in his current maturity, and development, sorry but thats BS. Sure the top, top guys stand out for the most part, but there are kids all over the country, many in "fly over states like Iowa" that have never really been an evaluated to any real extent. Some of them don't attend many camps either. Why to you think that Iowa has had so much success with 2 and 3 star or walk on players at Iowa? It's not because Kirk is a genius or some kind of wizard. Its because he realized years ago he could find these kids who had not been evaluated properly, or had not had the exposure, and some of them had just as much potential to be great players as some of the kids who had all the exposure. Take a guy like CDJ as an example, and there have been others. Dudes like LVN. Freak athletes who went under the radar, and then when they burst on the scene, people are like "where did this dude come from. Its because these analysts can't possibly evaluate all the talent thats out there. Some kids also don't mature as fast. Thats why I'm more concerned with what these players become, then when some analyst guru says Joe blow is the top player at his position in the country, or lets say he's the number 15 DE, when they can't possibly know that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT