ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Offers Class of 2025 Iose Epenesa (pronounced Yo-say)

Wait, Kirk doesn't recruit and misses on legacies because they don't like him? Didn't AJ come in for for Iose's visit and it was described as a great visit? Also, do you think if NIL wasn't an issue that this recruitment would have been a bit different. Looking back, with the DE group at Iowa, it appears AJ was brought along at about the right speed but I guess Kirk's "pets" really turned AJ against Iowa. No, wait he seems to be be pushing his brother to Iowa. So, if you have a point in the legacy side, this may not be the best example. It seems like the whole family is fully on board with Iose coming to Iowa but he will make up his own mind.

Truly, it would be fantastic to have lose continue his families legacy with Iowa. At this point I'm fine with whatever he decides. He'd be a great addition to the DL room which is STACKED with great prospects especially at DE for the forseeable future. (Might be another reason he hasn't decided yet). Wherever he goes we will be just fine on the DL for the next several years.

Doubt that it is age related. Certainly that could play a minor role. More likely that his knowledge of Kirk's "pet" policy (thru his 2 Hawkeye bothers) has turned him away.
If you take an honest look at Kirk's history with legacies, he really struggles. For every legacy P5 talent he lands he misses on 5 others. In fact the legacies he does land rarely get multiple years in the starting line-up.
Example: Markway was a TE recruit and a legacy. How the heck do you miss on that? Simple, KF is not a salesman. That's obvious from his 25 year history of telling the press about how handicapped he is at "lil ole Iowa".
When it's time to replace him, the AD (or committee) needs to find someone who can recruit as well as [develop]. Iowa treats its coaches well, to not demand ability in both areas is unforgiveable.
There are valid criticisms of Kirk to be had, but this is next level stupid.

Truly, it would be fantastic to have lose continue his families legacy with Iowa. At this point I'm fine with whatever he decides. He'd be a great addition to the DL room which is STACKED with great prospects especially at DE for the forseeable future. (Might be another reason he hasn't decided yet). Wherever he goes we will be just fine on the DL for the next several years.
Yes our DL room is deep but 5 star players don't come along often. I'm excited about Allen, Chineke, Anderson and Campbell at DE. If Iose doesn't choose the Hawks we should still be good on the edge. I will wish him well if he doesn't choose the Hawks but will be bummed for sure because the family are such great Hawkeyes!

Yes our DL room is deep but 5 star players don't come along often. I'm excited about Allen, Chineke, Anderson and Campbell at DE. If Iose doesn't choose the Hawks we should still be good on the edge. I will wish him well if he doesn't choose the Hawks but will be bummed for sure because the family are such great Hawkeyes!
While I'd agree, I've never been all that hyped about the star system. I know people will take this the wrong way, but AJ is a perfect example. He was a 5 star wanted by everybody. In truth while a very good player, he had holes in his game too, and frankly I think you good make a valid argument that he's not even the best DE to play for Iowa under Kirk. All of the guys you mentioned look really interesting, and I'd throw Kennedy in that mix as well. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be thrilled if we land lose, but I'm not going to be very concerned if we don't either....

Wait, Kirk doesn't recruit and misses on legacies because they don't like him? Didn't AJ come in for for Iose's visit and it was described as a great visit? Also, do you think if NIL wasn't an issue that this recruitment would have been a bit different. Looking back, with the DE group at Iowa, it appears AJ was brought along at about the right speed but I guess Kirk's "pets" really turned AJ against Iowa. No, wait he seems to be be pushing his brother to Iowa. So, if you have a point in the legacy side, this may not be the best example. It seems like the whole family is fully on board with Iose coming to Iowa but he will make up his own mind.
You have it all wrong. AJ flew in as a surprise so he could point out how horrible his experience was at Iowa. How he was misused, overlooked and just plain awful it was. He definitely hasn’t had an opportunity to do that in the past, he wanted to cement that**

** if I have to explain this post or if you get angry about it you may want to evaluate whether you should be on the internet. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: kkhawk
Nah.

Take your time.

Get treated like a God on every visit.

See parts of the country for FREE.
I agree. Some of these schools even offer gifts for just visiting. If every single school is going to roll out the red carpet, chauffeur you around to see the sights, pay for extravagant meals, and give you free stuff, possibly even money, then I would ride it for all it's worth. Only the schools have something to lose.

There are valid criticisms of Kirk to be had, but this is next level stupid.
dingle could have at least pointed to the Alt recruitment as the giant miss, he decided to go with a TE, that many projected as an OL based on his mobility, and has put up "incredible" stats.....

Iowa's landed many players that would be consider legacy recruits for other programs. Lets not pretend that the "hit rate" for legacy recruits across college football is like 80%. It's probably under 50% for various reasons. Implying that Kirk doesn't do well with legacies due to some arbitrary, non-fact based assumption is a strawman argument.

The assumption should be that he's doing as well as any other school, unless there is data to prove otherwise. With Iowa's culture and on field success one would assume it may be higher, but the fact that many of these kids are out of state and that we aren't a blue blood and that we're "in the cornfield" and that our schemes don't always highlight certain positions can all be factors that would cause legacy recruits to go elsewhere.

Kakert mentioned on an podcast Iowa is probably running 3rd for Iose right now. Miami 1 and Utah 2.
He doesn't know anymore than you or I. I think the family is very tight lipped about it. Miami or Utah are safe predictions because those were his last two visits. I've said the longer this drags out, the less likely he's a Hawk. Ni news is generally bad news.

Reactions: chuck285
He doesn't know anymore than you or I. I think the family is very tight lipped about it. Miami or Utah are safe predictions because those were his last two visits. I've said the longer this drags out, the less likely he's a Hawk. Ni news is generally bad news.
I realize that a lot people on this board don’t like TK but to claim he doesn’t know any more than anyone on this board is not being objective. I heard the same thing about Angerer being floated as the replacement for Eddie P by TK. The fact is he and Doc are the few that has been around long enough to have connections in the program of value. Chad probably has the trust but he’s gained it by not questioning the staff and rarely speculates on anything. So really by the time he reports anything, it’s already been widely speculated.

I would love the rational behind this. Iowa should be rolling into that October 5th matchup with OSU undefeated and ranked easily inside of the top 15, if not top 10. Family will be in his ear to choose Iowa.

Kakert definitely has more info than you. Don’t be ridiculous.
He should yes, but in this case, as close to the vest as Iose and his parents have been, it seems like more speculation than certainty. FWIW, I pick up tidbits from time-to-time from several contacts close to the program. I seldom post those, don't want my connections compromised.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1

images

Hawks need Repeat to legally change his name to Epenesa Epenesa Epenesa. Then it's a done deal

What makes you say that?l
He’s gone to a Miami lean on a couple recruiting sites since his official there. At least two that had him an Iowa lean have removed their prediction. Rivals is the only I can find that still has him Iowa.

What makes you say that?
There has been a shift in his preferences for college by all the major recruiting sites with all of them saying his strong favorite is Miami. Most no longer list Iowa as a possible destination. They could be wrong but I don't think so.

Well, that's unfortunate if true. If it was a skill position I would understand completely as I wouldn't want my son to play for this offense in any capacity outside of TE really. Being that it's for the defense however, it's a bit surprising. Especially since we'll be in a small rebuild after this season.

I have no idea what he is going to decide. But sounds like the Hurricanes are ahead. Now, I know the Epenesa family enjoy the Hawks home crowds and atmosphere. It will be different in Miami, as the stadium, I believe is 30 minutes from campus. They averaged 49,000 at a game, down 9% from 2022, which was down 8% from 2021. Dolphins average 65,000 in the same stadium. But weather and probably more NIL money can make a difference. I believe one of the coaches knows the family as well.

Hey just an idea but if this kid commits to Miami please be respectful. There is this neat thing called the transfer portal that is a pathway for him to come here if he so chooses.
I 💯 second this.

The young man needs to carve out a path that’s right for him.

And there’s always a chance he could develop buyer’s remorse. And if he would end up transferring to Iowa, I doubt he does a Kadyn Proctor.

Want to get noticed nfl wise I would think Iowas D with Parker would help but young guys dont always think rationally

Kakert mentioned on an podcast Iowa is probably running 3rd for Iose right now. Miami 1 and Utah 2.
I guess I could see that, BUT why hasn't he made the call yet if it was that cut an dry? He's taken all his officials weeks ago. As I said, I'd love to have him, but DE is not a position I'm concerned about for the next 4 or 5 years.....

Well, that's unfortunate if true. If it was a skill position I would understand completely as I wouldn't want my son to play for this offense in any capacity outside of TE really. Being that it's for the defense however, it's a bit surprising. Especially since we'll be in a small rebuild after this season.
And we're loaded with damn good looking DE prospects, so that parts not really a concern.....

I agree. Some of these schools even offer gifts for just visiting. If every single school is going to roll out the red carpet, chauffeur you around to see the sights, pay for extravagant meals, and give you free stuff, possibly even money, then I would ride it for all it's worth. Only the schools have something to lose.
I think Miami is interested in him. A young man has some interesting scenery there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT