ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa opens as 3 point favorite over UConn

She did on 11/22 and did a decent job. I think Caitlin will step it up a notch and be more effective.

I do think UConn has better 2-5 talent than us, and certainly glad they don't have 2-3 different starters if they were healthy.

Edwards worries me the most.

We will need to run their legs off to have a chance. If it's a half court game, we're toast.

I appreciate your insight, but I categorically disagree.

Edwards is a stud but she’s not more dangerous than a ton of girls, We’ve played this year, and this isn’t “that” old UCONN, they aren’t destroying teams.

They’ve lost by double digits five times.

They’re not a great rebounding team.

They’re a pretty good offensive team & a solid three-point shooting team but we have already played 6 or 7 (Indiana #1) teams better and beat them.

They are solid at three-point percentage defense number 36, but not elite.

They are extremely thin, and as I now look back over some comparative stats, and what not, there win over USC wasn’t nearly as impressive as our win over LSU.

Although their schedule strength appears to be rated higher, I have absolutely no idea how. The big east sent three teams to the NCAA tournament, there is no way they played a tougher schedule, a more physical schedule, and a more varied schedule than we did…

My prediction is, it may very well, indeed, end up being somewhat of a half court game, with dalliances of us, beating them down the court from time to time…

We sometimes, and I’m not saying you particularly, but our fanbase is often times scared in all sports because we’re just “Iowa”…

I told anyone that would listen that West Virginia or Princeton were going to be tough ball games and had I told you that we would get the shit kicked out of us. We would play fairly poorly we would turn the ball over 500 times and the score would be 64-54, I would wager the majority of our fans would’ve assumed we came out on the losing end….

If you can assure me, UCONN is going to play defense like West Virginia. Then you can put me in the camp of being very worried.

As far as 2-5, sure they are UConn, of course they have talented players, are you telling me they have two other girls playing better than Kate Martin and Sydney Affolter right now….?

Define “talent”?
I’ll take Gabby as a 5th year with over 100 career starts over most 5* freshmen.
ESPN ranked top 25 players in final four:
Iowa 1, 7, 11, 13, 18
UConn 2, 4, 9, 15, 19, 23

Pretty even

Bingo!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT