ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Poll - Independents Voting For Trump - WTF?

h-hawk

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2002
This surprises me. Maybe Iowa has been different and I hadn't noticed but I think of Independents as people who do a better job of voting for policies and not personalities/parties. This would be the opposite as Trump's policies, as endorsed by the RPC at the convention is "whatever Trump says".

"Kelly Kirkman was skeptical of candidate Donald Trump in 2016.

“He was a TV personality, and I did not think he would do very well,” the 55-year-old independent voter said. “Obviously, I’ve changed my mind.”

Now, impressed by a growing economy and lower unemployment rates, Kirkman plans to vote for the president.

“He does what he says he’s going to do,” she said.

Trump has taken a 7 percentage-point lead over former Vice President Joe Biden in the new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll, and increased support among independent voters like Kirkman, a poll respondent from central Iowa, has fueled his rise. The poll shows 49% of those identifying as independents support Trump, versus 35% who support Biden. "

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...den-greenfield-independent-voters/6055250002/

This surprises me. Maybe Iowa has been different and I hadn't noticed but I think of Independents as people who do a better job of voting for policies and not personalities/parties. This would be the opposite as Trump's policies, as endorsed by the RPC at the convention is "whatever Trump says".

"Kelly Kirkman was skeptical of candidate Donald Trump in 2016.

“He was a TV personality, and I did not think he would do very well,” the 55-year-old independent voter said. “Obviously, I’ve changed my mind.”

Now, impressed by a growing economy and lower unemployment rates, Kirkman plans to vote for the president.

“He does what he says he’s going to do,” she said.

Trump has taken a 7 percentage-point lead over former Vice President Joe Biden in the new Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll, and increased support among independent voters like Kirkman, a poll respondent from central Iowa, has fueled his rise. The poll shows 49% of those identifying as independents support Trump, versus 35% who support Biden. "

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...den-greenfield-independent-voters/6055250002/
Registered Independent Voter here and I want Trump gone. I am hopeful there are many more like me and we're that silent majority everybody keeps taking about.

Polling in Iowa has been fairly close throughout so sadly I won't be surprised if Trump wins Iowa again. I do think that DSM poll over the weekend is an outlier - 7 pt lead for him, and a 15 pt lead for Hinson are well outside all the other polls that have come out this fall. In the same poll, Ernst only leads by 4 over Greenfield. Those 3 numbers don't make sense to me.

Reactions: h-hawk
35143146-8904925-image-a-1_1604313873084.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: h-hawk
Right wingers are too suspicious of things to join a party. I know several people who are fanatical Trump supporters that don't partake in joining a party. They don't trust almost anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT