ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Recruit Chase Carter Commits to MSU

Jul 19, 2020
We finish runner-up for a recruit yet again. This time to a Michigan State team that went freakin 2-5 last year.

Unbelievable how we can’t even beat out lowly Sparty...I’m getting so sick and tired of those CYCLOWNS rubbing their recruiting class in our faces.

Hawkeye1999 gives no thought to the idea that maybe it is easier to get playing time with MSU than Iowa currently. Huh. How he made it this far in life is a mystery​

Hawkeye1999 gives no thought to the idea that maybe it is easier to get playing time with MSU than Iowa currently. Huh. How he made it this far in life is a mystery​

The weird thing is Wiscy, OSU, PSU and any other good team in college football don’t seem to have this problem where they can’t even land 3-star recruits.

Really odd how all the recruits are passing on Iowa for “playing time” as you say huh? Very odd indeed.

It's not about playing time. If that were an issue the top teams wouldn't be stacked every year. There are several issues that are likely coming into play here this year including NIL, Covid, Polasek and Foster leaving, and then all of the negative recruiting around Iowa's toxic culture publicity. I understand everyone has had NIL and Covid to deal with but that doesn't mean that others didn't handle it better.. After 4 of Iowa's best recruiting years this is going to be a relatively bad one. No doubt about that given all the misses. It's not time to panic yet like all the sky is falling get rid of Ferentz folks are doing. One year won't doom the program. A few years like this will be a problem though and Iowa is going to have to adjust/fix whatever is occurring. Let's just hope this storm blows over and 2023 looks a lot more like the past 4 years and a lot less like this one.

Last edited:
It's not about playing time. If that were an issue the top teams wouldn't be stacked every year. There are several issues that are likely coming into play here this year including NIL, Covid, Polasek and Foster leaving, and then all of the negative recruiting around Iowa's toxic culture publicity. I understand everyone has had NIL and Covid to deal with but that doesn't mean that others didn't handle it better.. After 4 of Iowa's best recruiting years this is going to be a relatively bad one. No doubt about that given all the misses. It's not time to panic yet like all the sky is falling get rid of Ferentz folks are doing. One year won't doom the program. A few years like this will be a problem though and Iowa is going to have to adjust/fix whatever is occurring. Let's just hope this storm blows over and 2023 looks a like more like the past 4 years and a lot less like this one.
YOU ARE NOT A HAWKEYE, get out Tendy. FYI you hurt your brand coming around. Used to go to your places, don’t now and tell everyone not to. You lack business awareness.

It's not about playing time. If that were an issue the top teams wouldn't be stacked every year. There are several issues that are likely coming into play here this year including NIL, Covid, Polasek and Foster leaving, and then all of the negative recruiting around Iowa's toxic culture publicity. I understand everyone has had NIL and Covid to deal with but that doesn't mean that others didn't handle it better.. After 4 of Iowa's best recruiting years this is going to be a relatively bad one. No doubt about that given all the misses. It's not time to panic yet like all the sky is falling get rid of Ferentz folks are doing. One year won't doom the program. A few years like this will be a problem though and Iowa is going to have to adjust/fix whatever is occurring. Let's just hope this storm blows over and 2023 looks a lot more like the past 4 years and a lot less like this one.
If the toxic culture really is a problem then why aren’t current players leaving? They get a covid year and a get out of jail free card (transfer with immediate eligibility no questions asked).

49-7 beat down last season of MSU and he picks that rag tag outfit. I just don’t get it when you see what the Iowa staff has done with guys like him to the NFL, Chauncey Gholston is the first to come to mind.
Rag tag? It's a first year coach in a covid year and over the prior decade they have been the better program, first half of decade wasn't really comparable. Kirk wasnt too hot the first couple seasons IIRC

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I think a good part of the problem is that our program was accused of being racist. Recruits are being reminded of that. It definitely could be a tipping point issue with recruits that have options and are on the fence. Even if our staff has addressed it, done a great job, and the recruit believes them, it could still linger in their mind and be a factor. I don't know for sure what the answer is but I definitely don't think we should be firing the staff unless we believe they're guilty. I think all we can do is go about our business as ethically as possible, make sure everyone is treated equally in the program, continue to try to outwork everyone else, and hope it passes. If we have to go back a notch in recruiting in the short term, our staff has proven that they can still win. Kirk loves the under-recruited kids with a chip and our staff has proven that they can find them. Ive had a lot of fun watching those teams too.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
We finish runner-up for a recruit yet again. This time to a Michigan State team that went freakin 2-5 last year.

Unbelievable how we can’t even beat out lowly Sparty...I’m getting so sick and tired of those CYCLOWNS rubbing their recruiting class in our faces.

Promise of early playing time is an advantage for coaches rebuilding a program. Look at how well Nebraska recruited early on. Look at how well Schiano is doing. That said, the talented upperclassmen can now enter the portal.

YOU ARE NOT A HAWKEYE, get out Tendy. FYI you hurt your brand coming around. Used to go to your places, don’t now and tell everyone not to. You lack business awareness.
Weeterkane is one of the more annoying twerps on this board, if not the planet, along with his double, P5champs. They respond only with emojis, never actual words. Only a special kind of weirdo would be afraid to comment on an anonymous board. He is obviously a jealous Clown.

If the toxic culture really is a problem then why aren’t current players leaving? They get a covid year and a get out of jail free card (transfer with immediate eligibility no questions asked).
Perception is reality when it comes to recruiting. If it's out there and other schools are taking advantage of it that's all that matters. If it's truly not an issue today then as time goes on it's impact will lessen.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
The weird thing is Wiscy, OSU, PSU and any other good team in college football don’t seem to have this problem where they can’t even land 3-star recruits.

Really odd how all the recruits are passing on Iowa for “playing time” as you say huh? Very odd indeed.
Yeah, I don't understand that logic when you have 5 stars lining up at Bama, OSU, Clemy, etc is that because there is no playing time at schools like Iowa?

Reactions: Hawkeye1999
Not that it's a positive to lose a recruit, but maybe put it in a little perspective. This was a 3 star recruit. Not a 5 star can't miss NFL prospect, not a 4 star guy slotted to be an early starter at a skill position that Iowa has difficulty attracting talent, but a 3 star DE.

The beginning of the end. One thing that is for certain, Iowa is a rollercoaster. Should be entertaining.

You need to relax you are going to get an ulcer about recruiting. If you let the cyclones get to you about one, one class that is ranked higher than us, you need help.

You need to relax you are going to get an ulcer about recruiting. If you let the cyclones get to you about one, one class that is ranked higher than us, you need help.
Also, once Texas and Oklahoma go to the SEC and the Big 12 dissolves, iswho’s recruiting goes back into the dumps:)

• Haha
Reactions: P5Champs
When you’re striking out in all your top prospects, the “playing time” excuse rings hollow. This staff is not connecting with prospects.
So you think this is the only time Iowa has had a down year and it was because of 2020 accusations? You might want to learn about the law of averages.

Example- Sometimes your posts have insight, sometimes they say nothing and sometimes youre grasping for straw to fit your narrative. Now you have case in point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT