ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State BBall Tourney

Sep 28, 2002
Talked to a lady that said she took a picture with Michigan coach John Beilein yesterday. Who would he be there to watch from Cascade/Regina, Hull-WC/Pella Christian, Le Mars/Dallas Center-Grimes, Williamsburg/Glenwood, Waverly-SR/Dubuque Wahlert, or Pella/Xavier? My only idea would be he was there to see Pemsl...

I was at the morning session. Trust me, there was NO ONE in the Regina/Cascade game to watch. I about fell asleep.

There's a 6'9" kid from Western Christian that's a junior and tore it up for about 35 and 17. Mostly hit 5 foot turnarounds, but did hit a 3, as well. Possibility, I guess.

Not sure on any of the later games.

The Western kid is pretty good, although Pella Christian didn't have much size. PC has a good sophomore point guard, but no where near major college level (too short). Was at the Xavier/Pella game, and McDermott is a really nice player. Shooting splits are 50/47/90 and can really stroke the ball. 15-16 from the line against Pella. He signed with North Dakota last I knew.

Anybody else on Wahlert besides Pemsl? Just caught the tail end of that game.

Originally posted by Cerro Gordo Hawk:
Doug's cousin. He is a very solid player, probably a mid-major kind of guy.
Maybe he's a late bloomer like his cousin.

Saw IC-West-SC North today. Tillo is good. Talk about hard to read numbers. West's were practically white on white. Lane is good, too, and a soph like Connor. I've asked this before, but is the DiLeo kid the son of the former asst Iowa coach? West over North.

Then North Scott against Waukee. Waukee has about 1500 enrollment. Used to be a small school, being a suburb will do that for you. Anyway, North Scott was short but had two good players. Waukee's big guy who is going to Neb. fouled out. Funny thing happened to the big Nelson kid who is an Iowa FB recruit. He was doing all right with his foul shots, but then he was up for two and missed the first, but the horn sounded just when he shot. Some scoring table question. So they gave him another in place of that one. So he missed that one and and the second one, which was actually the third!!!

North Scott over Waukee. Both games close.

This post was edited on 3/11 8:54 PM by IamHawkeye

This post was edited on 3/11 8:55 PM by IamHawkeye

NS has two kids headed to Div 1 next year, I think Creighton and NDSU??

They are pretty solid players and I think UNI probably missed on both of them.

Originally posted by OskaloosaHawk2:

I was at the morning session. Trust me, there was NO ONE in the Regina/Cascade game to watch. I about fell asleep.

There's a 6'9" kid from Western Christian that's a junior and tore it up for about 35 and 17. Mostly hit 5 foot turnarounds, but did hit a 3, as well. Possibility, I guess.

Not sure on any of the later games.
All Western Christian kids go play at Dordt after high school. Gotta keep that tall Dutch NW Iowa basketball powerhouse lineage rolling.

and the kid from Hull is 6'7'' maybe and not athletic enough. Dordt will be a good home for him.
This post was edited on 3/12 10:47 AM by jasonrann

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT