ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa HS football playoffs set

Not disagreeing with you, but for every person I hear complain about Bound, there's at least one or two that'll tell me, "Oh yeah I like it."............:confused:

I also think it's asinine and unnecessary to make Bound this all-encompassing thing where that is the site/app/whatever to purchase tickets, pay for parking etc etc for the sake of being....."modern".....but I think most people are just like, "Alright, f*** it, whatever." because the Union/Association are gonna do whatever they want regardless of public opinion or logic.

Csb, I actually liked QuikStats back in the day, and it took me a bit to get use to the change to Bound.
Using it as a coaching is a nightmare. They changed how you input events (which was already stupidly complex in the number of clicks ) and made it worse. When I asked them why they said that they made it easier yet you had to click on more things and some were hard to find. It’s a joke.

Using it as a coaching is a nightmare. They changed how you input events (which was already stupidly complex in the number of clicks ) and made it worse. When I asked them why they said that they made it easier yet you had to click on more things and some were hard to find. It’s a joke.
That's why I don't do the stats. ;)

It’s weird, I often check Ankeny as a Hawk alum and I’m never quite sure who to root for. Had they been split back in the day, I’d have been Centennial. Still weird knowing Ankeny has 2 high schools. Should be an interesting final. I remember SE Polk as a pushover, but that was a long time ago.

It’s weird, I often check Ankeny as a Hawk alum and I’m never quite sure who to root for. Had they been split back in the day, I’d have been Centennial. Still weird knowing Ankeny has 2 high schools. Should be an interesting final. I remember SE Polk as a pushover, but that was a long time ago.
Lol you must be old because SE Polk hasn't been a pushover going on 2 decades now and that was a generously low guesstimate..................

Pella alum and we used to play SE Polk in football and beat them. Urbandale was in Class 3A and beat us in the playoffs one year (only 8 teams made the playoffs per class). Newton was big and good and won the 1980 Class 4A state championship and was in the CIML. Jerry Pezzetti was the man!

Nice win by Ankeny! Took my young sons. Reminded me of an Iowa game with the score and how the game was played. My 12 year-old even asked at one point if Brian Ferentz was secretly calling the game for Ankeny, and could even hear people around us mentioning his name. Seriously, the poor guy can’t catch a break even at a HS game. 🤦‍♂️

Centennial started out moving the ball well, but you could tell Ankeny’s defense wore them out as the game went along. Felt bad for the Centennial kicker at the end. These kids all grew up playing little league, Ankeny Junior Football and other sports together, so was nice to see them come together afterwards.

Still, go south side!!! Bring on the Rams!

Nice win by Ankeny! Took my young sons. Reminded me of an Iowa game with the score and how the game was played. My 12 year-old even asked at one point if Brian Ferentz was secretly calling the game for Ankeny, and could even hear people around us mentioning his name. Seriously, the poor guy can’t catch a break even at a HS game. 🤦‍♂️

Centennial started out moving the ball well, but you could tell Ankeny’s defense wore them out as the game went along. Felt bad for the Centennial kicker at the end. These kids all grew up playing little league, Ankeny Junior Football and other sports together, so was nice to see them come together afterwards.

Still, go south side!!! Bring on the Rams!
Definitely missed #0 last night. Jackson and Morgan are good backs, but he's just a little different combination of athleticism and toughness. Ankeny did a good job of taking away downfield throws. Centennial missed Snyder open once and Jackson would out of bounds by less than a foot on the last third down, otherwise they had nothing. It was definitely the PP philosophy of forcing an opponent to run 10+ plays to score, and Centennial wasn't patient enough and/or didn't execute well enough to finish their drives. Centennial did a great job of that on defense as well. The Centennial kicker is a great kid. I got to tell him my story of misplaying a flyball with two outs in the bottom of the 7th in a substate baseball game several decades ago.

Definitely missed #0 last night. Jackson and Morgan are good backs, but he's just a little different combination of athleticism and toughness. Ankeny did a good job of taking away downfield throws. Centennial missed Snyder open once and Jackson would out of bounds by less than a foot on the last third down, otherwise they had nothing. It was definitely the PP philosophy of forcing an opponent to run 10+ plays to score, and Centennial wasn't patient enough and/or didn't execute well enough to finish their drives. Centennial did a great job of that on defense as well. The Centennial kicker is a great kid. I got to tell him my story of misplaying a flyball with two outs in the bottom of the 7th in a substate baseball game several decades ago.
Yeah, I think Centennial’s defense actually played better. After Ankeny intercepted it at the end of the 3rd and got it to the Centennial 2, there’s no reason Ankeny shouldn’t have scored. Instead they got cute and tried a few rollout passes that failed. Ended up at the 6 and missed the FG. No one in our section could understand why Ankeny didn’t just go under center and try 4 straight sneaks or runs up the middle. Would’ve put Ankeny up 17-7. I thought at that moment it was going to come back and bite us in the a$$. Almost did.

Reactions: mthawkeyes
Western Dubuque is a helluva team. 4A should be a good 'un. But in the end, Ol' Doodle, @cigaretteman, and several other regulars here certainly hope to be singing...

EU9pI4RWAAElr64.jpg
Just making the finals 3 years in a row is quite the accomplishment. It would have been unimaginable when I went there in the 1960s!

3 title games left, I really haven't followed it much this year without the free stream

THURSDAY, NOV. 16​

EIGHT-PLAYER
Bishop Garrigan, Algona 39, Bedford 30
CLASS A
West Hancock 30, Woodbury Central 28
CLASS 1A
Grundy Center 42, MFL MarMac 0
CLASS 4A
Lewis Central 40, Western Dubuque 21

FRIDAY, NOV. 17​

CLASS 2A
10:00—#2 Van Meter (12-0) vs. #1 Central Lyon/George-Little Rock (12-0)
CLASS 3A
1:00—#8 Bishop Heelan, Sioux City (11-1) vs. #3 Williamsburg (11-1)
CLASS 5A
7:00—#7 Ankeny (9-3) vs. #1 Southeast Polk (12-0)

Sorry old pal. Great game though. And that running back for the Bobcats...Glausser...holy buckets. Second coming of Jim Brown. Fast, powerful. What did he end up with...like 300 yards? Jesus Christ.
Glausser finished with 33 carries for 268 yards and three touchdowns.

Reactions: Hawk-A-Doodle-Doo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT