ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa HS football playoffs set

My man, I hope you are getting professional help because you're next level positive energy thief.

My man....

College Football Dance GIF by SMU Football

Reactions: like-woahh
DSM metro is busting at the seems in every direction with growth patterns to push a million metro residents in the not too distant future. It’s sucking residents from across the state and beyond.
It's only got just under 500,000 to go to crack a million..............

Des Moines suburbs dominating 5A… again. (Go Ankeny!)

I get that the Des Moines schools (East, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Hoover, North) have high enrollments, but I think they should be dropped to 3A or 4A in football. They’re NEVER going to compete with the suburban powers. EVER.

Let them all play each other every year, maybe schedule 1 game each against a suburb school (Ankeny, SEP, Downling, Waukee, etc) then all other games against smaller, rural schools who they MIGHT be competitive with. I say might because a lot of those smaller schools are damn good and would probably also kick the sh!t out of the DSM city schools.

They have to do something. They have the numbers, but where are all the athletes?
5A is essentially the DSM suburbs. They should really just let the rest of the schools drop down into 4A and let the handful of DSM suburb schools have a round robin circle jerk and then crown a champ at the end of the year similar to how FBS conferences do it.

Reactions: srams21
Bishop Garrigan is an impressive story. They lost their first game of the season against their rival, who did not even make the playoffs, in a game they had no business even being that close in defeat, and then a few weeks later began to dominate everyone they played, and then knocked off two of the top teams in 8-Man in the playoffs in defending state champ Remsen St. Mary's and CAM, Anita.

It's an astounding turnarond in such a short time frame to go from being a young middling team that could fight with similarly-skilled teams but would get beat by the upper eschelon teams with more skill and physicality, to just all of the sudden being able to dominate everyone with no additions to their roster.

It's like if you took Northwestern as they are right now..........and by the end of the year they roll Michigan in the B10 CG, and then Florida State and Georgia in the CFP all by 20 pts.

Nothing to see there....... :)

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Bishop Garrigan is an impressive story. They lost their first game of the season against their rival, who did not even make the playoffs, in a game they had no business even being that close in defeat, and then a few weeks later began to dominate everyone they played, and then knocked off two of the top teams in 8-Man in the playoffs in defending state champ Remsen St. Mary's and CAM, Anita.

It's an astounding turnarond in such a short time frame to go from being a young middling team that could fight with similarly-skilled teams but would get beat by the upper eschelon teams with more skill and physicality, to just all of the sudden being able to dominate everyone with no additions to their roster.

It's like if you took Northwestern as they are right now..........and by the end of the year they roll Michigan in the B10 CG, and then Florida State and Georgia in the CFP all by 20 pts.

Nothing to see there....... :)
As a West Hancock grad I say F BG

here are the game times for the semi-finals, unfortunately there are no free live steams this year :(

WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8​

EIGHT-PLAYER
Bishop Garrigan, Algona 34, Winfield-Mount Union 20
1:00—Gladbrook-Reinbeck (10-1) vs. Bedford (11-0)

THURSDAY, NOV. 9​

CLASS A
10:00—Madrid (11-0) vs. West Hancock, Britt (10-1)
1:00—East Buchanan, Winthrop (9-2) vs. Woodbury Central, Moville (11-0)

CLASS 4A
4:00—North Polk (9-2) vs. Lewis Central (9-2)
7:00—Bondurant-Farrar (9-2) vs. Western Dubuque (10-1)

FRIDAY, NOV. 10​

CLASS 1A
10:00—Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (9-2) vs. Grundy Center (11-0)
1:00—MFL MarMac (10-1) vs. Underwood (10-1)

CLASS 5A
4:00—Valley, West Des Moines (6-5) vs. Southeast Polk (11-0)
7:00—Ankeny Centennial (7-4) vs. Ankeny (8-3)

SATURDAY, NOV. 11​

CLASS 2A
10:00—Monticello (10-1) vs. Van Meter (11-0)
1:00—Spirit Lake (10-1) vs. Central Lyon/George-Little Rock (11-0)

CLASS 3A
4:00—Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City (10-1) vs. Creston (11-0)
7:00—Williamsburg (10-1) vs. Solon (10-1)

Reactions: win4jj
Class A championship game is set. West Hancock will be there for the fourth time in 5 years against Woodbury Central.

A BIG FU to the iahsaa for their shitty tv package.
You can at least watch the girls stuff. $10 to watch a game. Wtf.
The IHSAA is fighting in court to make the games free, but I get it. They made their own bed with the shitty NBC sports coaches deal years ago when the IGHSAU figured it out a long time ago.

They should merge into one union and everyone at the boys unions should then summarily be fired.

A BIG FU to the iahsaa for their shitty tv package.
You can at least watch the girls stuff. $10 to watch a game. Wtf.
I was wondering. Did a quick check last night at halftime of the women's game but didn't try too hard. So the games are not live streamed any longer for free? That sucks.

The IHSAA is fighting in court to make the games free, but I get it. They made their own bed with the shitty NBC sports coaches deal years ago when the IGHSAU figured it out a long time ago.

They should merge into one union and everyone at the boys unions should then summarily be fired.
Not to mention the shitty money grab with bound. You can't pay at the door anymore, you are forced to buy online and pay an additional service fee of 20%.
Bound: found in Ames Iowa, I'm guessing someone in Boone has close ties. It's a shitty platform to use and navigate.

Not to mention the shitty money grab with bound. You can't pay at the door anymore, you are forced to buy online and pay an additional service fee of 20%.
Bound: found in Ames Iowa, I'm guessing someone in Boone has close ties. It's a shitty platform to use and navigate.
Not disagreeing with you, but for every person I hear complain about Bound, there's at least one or two that'll tell me, "Oh yeah I like it."............:confused:

I also think it's asinine and unnecessary to make Bound this all-encompassing thing where that is the site/app/whatever to purchase tickets, pay for parking etc etc for the sake of being....."modern".....but I think most people are just like, "Alright, f*** it, whatever." because the Union/Association are gonna do whatever they want regardless of public opinion or logic.

Csb, I actually liked QuikStats back in the day, and it took me a bit to get use to the change to Bound.

Reactions: Tom Paris
We are still doing cash entry at all events, but have looked into Bound since many schools are heading there. The crazy part is that for a $6 ticket Bound keeps $0.91 of that. It's a racket for them and I'd imagine some pockets at the state are getting lined.

Thankfully I don't live in one.

With Reynolds and her mama bears. A real bastion of critical thinking

That's a hilarious thing to say here. Lazy links, lazy assumptions, lazy predictions, assumed facts. All in what aligns and what's comfortable.

here are the game times for the semi-finals, unfortunately there are no free live steams this year :(

WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8​

EIGHT-PLAYER
Bishop Garrigan, Algona 34, Winfield-Mount Union 20
1:00—Gladbrook-Reinbeck (10-1) vs. Bedford (11-0)

THURSDAY, NOV. 9​

CLASS A
10:00—Madrid (11-0) vs. West Hancock, Britt (10-1)
1:00—East Buchanan, Winthrop (9-2) vs. Woodbury Central, Moville (11-0)

CLASS 4A
4:00—North Polk (9-2) vs. Lewis Central (9-2)
7:00—Bondurant-Farrar (9-2) vs. Western Dubuque (10-1)

FRIDAY, NOV. 10​

CLASS 1A
10:00—Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (9-2) vs. Grundy Center (11-0)
1:00—MFL MarMac (10-1) vs. Underwood (10-1)

CLASS 5A
4:00—Valley, West Des Moines (6-5) vs. Southeast Polk (11-0)
7:00—Ankeny Centennial (7-4) vs. Ankeny (8-3)

SATURDAY, NOV. 11​

CLASS 2A
10:00—Monticello (10-1) vs. Van Meter (11-0)
1:00—Spirit Lake (10-1) vs. Central Lyon/George-Little Rock (11-0)

CLASS 3A
4:00—Bishop Heelan Catholic, Sioux City (10-1) vs. Creston (11-0)
7:00—Williamsburg (10-1) vs. Solon (10-1)
It amazes me Heelan is all the way down in 3A. That’s who we beat - Davenport Central- my sophomore year in high school for the big school state championship.

You have any idea how they managed to turn things around so quickly within the season?

My nephew is a junior on the BG Golden Bear FB team and their key to success is largely running a lot of guys in and out, especially on defense which keeps them fairly fresh throughout the game. They’ve been in trouble a few times where they were down at half, including trailing yesterday 20-6 to WMU. But their opponents this season have tended to wilt in the second half (a lot of hands on hips and knees, slow to get up, etc) and Garrigan just keeps the same pace. They out scored WMU 28-0 after halftime yesterday. They have a lot of kids out with decent talent depth so that works very well for them. I think their coaching staff is very good at identifying the adjustments needed at halftime when things aren’t going their way.

Last edited:
My nephew is a junior on the BG Golden Bear FB team and their key to success is largely running a lot of guys in and out, especially on defense which keeps them fairly fresh throughout the game. They’ve been in trouble a few times where they were down at half, including trailing yesterday 20-6 to WMU. But their opponents this season have tend to wilt in the second half (a lot of hands on hips and knees, slow to get up, etc) and Garrigan just keeps the same pace. They out scored WMU 28-0 after halftime yesterday. They have a lot of kids out with decent talent depth so that works very well for them. I think their coaching staff is very good at identifying the adjustments needed at halftime when things aren’t going their way.
I was thinking it had something to do with their defense.

Very few HS teams go from the season they had last year, to what they returned this year and get beat the way they did in the first game.......to completely turning into a different team erasing those weaknesses and being able to not only compete athletically with but best the top teams in the state whe that wasn't even in the Dame universe of a possibility after Week 1.

It's truly like if Minnesota all of the sudden wins out, beating Ohio State and not even in flukey fashion, but truly looks better than them, and then does the same to full strength Michigan, gets invited to the CFP and does the same to Texas or whoever in the semies, and then Georgia/Bama in the Finals.

That is what Garrigan is doing, and it defies all logic that can't simply be explain because "coaching adjustments"..................

F***ing coaching adjustments wouldn't make Iowa's talent on offense be able to rival the '99 Rams.

Just sayin. :)

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT