ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State tix

Based on all of the big talkers… who is willing to follow through? I will pay $40 for two tickets and cheer my a$$ off for the Hawks! DM me and will will figure it out.
Parking passes going for north of $250 not even near the stadium. Good luck getting into this game for under 100 bucks a pop.

Nice try.

Nice try, what? I owe the team that represents our state, my alma mater, my city. They are working hard no matter how talented they are. Yes, it is awesome they are talented enough to get to play football in college, something we couldn't do. We have guys from all over to play for this university and represent us, the fans, for a variety of reasons. In the meantime they are sacrificing to be the best version of themselves they can be. If it isn't up to par, it isn't because they aren't working.

I am still critical of the coaches, angry about the performance, embarassed by the perception but I am not going to boo or stop attending.

Nice try, what? I owe the team that represents our state, my alma mater, my city. They are working hard no matter how talented they are. Yes, it is awesome they are talented enough to get to play football in college, something we couldn't do. We have guys from all over to play for this university and represent us, the fans, for a variety of reasons. In the meantime they are sacrificing to be the best version of themselves they can be. If it isn't up to par, it isn't because they aren't working.

I am still critical of the coaches, angry about the performance, embarassed by the perception but I am not going to boo or stop attending.
csb. Enjoy the game and the boo birds. I'm gonna spend the $350 I just got back from StubHub on something worth while.

I’d buy 4. $20 for the hand full. Would take my kids that don’t care about sports at all. Maybe they’d change their mind after a game this.

So we win our opener but not in the stylistic manner that you prefer and you are ready to bail on your team ? MeetThe Ferentz, ClarindaA's, SolarHawk and IAHUNTER, come on MAN, you all have to be TROLLS, right ? A Hawkeye fan would never be such a PANSY !
It seems early in the year for such a high volume of snowflakes.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Wasn't a shitshow when Iowa shellacked OH State.
5 years ago..... next your going to talk about how the offense looked with Brad banks.

I dropped 3k to go watch them put up 3 points at half in Indy. Ill watch on TV but I'm done with spending the whole day in kinnick to watch 1 game when I can watch 10 with less time investment. I'm voting with my pocket book. Nepotism is the word you are looking for to describe the Iowa football program and frankly Barta is feckless, KF runs the ship and everyone knows it.

Reactions: the24fan
Oh my effing god, you don’t think an upgrade at a tackle, immediately bumps players down to improve the other line positions? Or that a stud qb wouldn’t help….Jesus H Christ BB!! If you were running a business , and could replace your worst 4 employees with better employees, would you not do that? By not, you fvck the rest of your employees
So who from the portal could come in and make the whole oline block/work together ss a team better? Specific names, please, since you seem to know that this player exists and wants to transfer to Iowa.

Then turned around and had 67 total yards the next game. Iowa was 4-5 in the conference that year largely because of shit offense, I'm so sick of hearing about that complete outlier game. Such a loser move
It did show what was possible.

Remember 2009 UNI game. We couldn’t score and we should have lost it. What happened that season?
How long are people going to bring up this one game as ”proof” of something?

I dislike that as much as “Remember when Brad Banks ran out of bounds short of the first down on that third down play against Michigan?” whenever fans say that he should have played more that year.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
How long are people going to bring up this one game as ”proof” of something?

I dislike that as much as “Remember when Brad Banks ran out of bounds short of the first down on that third down play against Michigan?” whenever fans say that he should have played more that year.
We have a new one now with Spencer sliding four yards short of the first down in Saturday’s game on the 3rd down play. I couldn’t believe he didn’t try to go for it but he has been destroyed on similar plays in the past.

So who from the portal could come in and make the whole oline block/work together ss a team better? Specific names, please, since you seem to know that this player exists and wants to transfer to Iowa.
Nebraska brought in like 18 transfers/jucos. You don’t think some of those guys were offensive and would rather go to Iowa than Nebraska??? Are they all going to start? Nope. When you bring in two transfer qbs one will not start by default. At least they went for it. Michigan State did the same thing the year before. Defense and special teams don’t need any help.

Last edited:
We have a new one now with Spencer sliding four yards short of the first down in Saturday’s game on the 3rd down play. I couldn’t believe he didn’t try to go for it but he has been destroyed on similar plays in the past.
To be honest, given his lead feet I was surprised he got as far as he did.

Parking passes going for north of $250 not even near the stadium. Good luck getting into this game for under 100 bucks a pop.
Oh I know. I was just trying to bait the people whining about an ugly win over a very good team to see if they actually are willing to just give away their tickets. I knew they wouldn’t.

Reactions: desihawk
Nebraska brought in like 18 transfers/jucos. You don’t think some of those guys were offensive and would rather go to Nebraska than Iowa??? At least they went for it. Michigan State did the same thing the year before. Defense and special teams don’t need any help.
Didn't answer my question.

Didn't answer my question.
Your question is dumb. Very rarely do you get a transfer that you know is going to start and be a home run (unless it’s quarterback like Williams or Rattler). You win in the portal by bringing in numbers and hope some of them work out. Maybe bring in four offensive lineman and hope two make it. Alabama and a couple others can get the elite portal guys. Everyone else takes numbers and lets things play out.

Your question is dumb. Very rarely do you get a transfer that you know is going to start and be a home run (unless it’s quarterback like Williams or Rattler). You win in the portal by bringing in numbers and hope some of them work out. Maybe bring in four offensive lineman and hope two make it. Alabama and a couple others can get the elite portal guys. Everyone else takes numbers and lets things play out.
You do realize that there is a scholarship limit, right? Jesus, some people think that this is now like the pros. Even they have salary caps.

Take your example of Nebby. Do you know how many players they have lost to transfer since the portal started? The quality of those players? I think you'd be surprised. Lack of loyalty has a price and they are paying it. Their record is the result.

If Iowa can get a Van Valkenberg or a Heflin or a Stilianos, yes, but if the kid in the portal is just looking for the highest bidder, he won't fit in anyway.

I think what it comes down to is development and attitude. To miss on one OL recruit may seem inconvenient, to miss on a bunch seems to scream who the hell is coaching these guys and supposedly developing them ?
We used to pride ourselves on OL play and by the 4th quarter we were OWNING the LOS.
The OL yesterday was blown off the ball consistently! That was as bad as I’ve ever seen an Iowa OL get whipped. It starts right there to try and fix this offense. SP isn’t very good to start, but without a line he’s flat out awful. His already negative traits are magnified once the protection breaks down. FIX THE OL!!

You do realize that there is a scholarship limit, right? Jesus, some people think that this is now like the pros. Even they have salary caps.

Take your example of Nebby. Do you know how many players they have lost to transfer since the portal started? The quality of those players? I think you'd be surprised. Lack of loyalty has a price and they are paying it. Their record is the result.

If Iowa can get a Van Valkenberg or a Heflin or a Stilianos, yes, but if the kid in the portal is just looking for the highest bidder, he won't fit in anyway.
It’s become more like the pros, that’s why you are lost. There is no salary cap on NIL! Free agency has begun! We lost four scholarship receivers from last fall to the end of spring. There are open scholarships, that could have been used. The defense doesn’t need any help. Three years ago you probably don’t lose Charlie Jones, because he doesn’t want to have to sit out a year. Now we lose him. Things change. It’s hard for me to blame the players. They just go out and do their best

Last edited:
Remember 2009 UNI game. We couldn’t score and we should have lost it. What happened that season?
I remember, and here's what happened:

A talented Iowa team took UNI lightly and won a game it had every reason to lose. The Hawkeyes went on to build a perfect 9-0 record highlighted by Stanzi to McNutt -- "7 got 6" -- on the last play of the game to win @ MSU, perhaps the most physical football game I have ever seen.

And then NW came to Iowa City. Stanzi ran a bootleg out of the end zone and was knocked out of the game early with Iowa leading. James Vandenberg entered at QB, and he was totally unprepared and performed like a deer in headlights. Iowa lost. Perfect season gone.

Was that the QB's fault? Or was it an abject failure on the part of KF and staff to have the backup QB ready to play by the TENTH game of the season?

And in 2009 Iowa had offensive talent, led by the gunslinger Ricky Stanzi under center. There is no comparison between Stanzi and the current starting QB.

I hope this answers your question.

It’s become more like the pros, that’s why you are lost. There is no salary cap on NIL! Free agency has begun! We lost four scholarship receivers from last fall to the end of spring. There are open scholarships, that could have been used. The defense doesn’t need any help. Three years ago you probably don’t lose Charlie Jones, because he doesn’t want to have to sit out a year. Now we lose him. Things change. It’s hard for me to blame the players. They just go out and do their best
You repeated what I said that differentiated between the pros and NIL, namely that the pros do have a salary cap. So we agree there.

What I don't like is that Charlie was able to transfer again with no penalty. That was wrong.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I’ll let you know by Wednesday night/Thursday morning…. I can send you tickets, as they are e tickets, and you can Facebook pay
ClarindA - just wanted to let you know we are all set with tickets. My SIl did end up having two extra. Thanks though for the offer and will let ya know if something changes

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarindaA's
I remember, and here's what happened:

A talented Iowa team took UNI lightly and won a game it had every reason to lose. The Hawkeyes went on to build a perfect 9-0 record highlighted by Stanzi to McNutt -- "7 got 6" -- on the last play of the game to win @ MSU, perhaps the most physical football game I have ever seen.

And then NW came to Iowa City. Stanzi ran a bootleg out of the end zone and was knocked out of the game early with Iowa leading. James Vandenberg entered at QB, and he was totally unprepared and performed like a deer in headlights. Iowa lost. Perfect season gone.

Was that the QB's fault? Or was it an abject failure on the part of KF and staff to have the backup QB ready to play by the TENTH game of the season?

And in 2009 Iowa had offensive talent, led by the gunslinger Ricky Stanzi under center. There is no comparison between Stanzi and the current starting QB.

I hope this answers your question.
Well he doesn't have DJK, McNutt and Moeaki as his receivers and I don't recall who the OL was back then but I bet they had a lot more experience than these guys do. Yet by all rights little ol UNI should have knocked us off that day. Imagine that firestorm!

You all are entitled to your own opinion but here are my thoughts.

1- Fans have value in a game. Look no further than the shanked punt on SDSU's first series or the multiple false start penalties. One of the very few things we can do to influence a game is make Kinnick loud.

2- It is disrespectful to the team, the whole team, to quit on them. Our defense and special teams deserve your support. Those units are elite. Regardless of what you think, we have kids from all over the country who have committed to play for us in a state they have never been to.

3- Who will buy your tickets next week? Iowa St. fans. Then other Hawk fans have their experience changed, especially young fans. That will show our boys, the coaches and admin what's up... Admin won't care because the tickets are already purchased, the coaches litetally don't care what we think as has been made clear for years, the players are already mad at fans for booing Petras yesterday (see Jack Campbell). That also gives ISU fans another talking point about how great and loyal their fans are... which is probably true. This point isn't that big of a deal to me but it is absolutely legit. Quitting on your team during the week of our biggest rivals, especially for recruits in a small state, is a bad look.

4- I have a lot to do on Saturday too... but do you know how bad this sounds? You make it seem like your Saturday, a few Saturdays a year, is sacrificing more than what these guys are putting themselves through for your entertainment and to represent us.

It's the next morning. I am still mad at what I saw yesterday but I still know the job I have as a fan, as small of a job as it is.
I will be there screaming my lungs out like this past Saturday.

How many cycles of "it won't change until you stop spending your money" have we gone through in the last 24 years? Meanwhile, we have a 72% winning percentage the past five years or so. Have a little perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT