ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State tix

How many cycles of "it won't change until you stop spending your money" have we gone through in the last 24 years? Meanwhile, we have a 72% winning percentage the past five years or so. Have a little perspective.

It's not 85%+ with 23 national titles. I can do that in NCAA football so why can't we do it at Iowa?

*sarcasm* people don't want perspective.

How many cycles of "it won't change until you stop spending your money" have we gone through in the last 24 years? Meanwhile, we have a 72% winning percentage the past five years or so. Have a little perspective.
Because we are wasting an elite defense with well below what would be considered an acceptable offense

The oline had more to do with it then Petrash if u actually watch the film. Are you not going if he doesn't start 5 new on the line also? Asking for a friend.
When there is zero threat of a passing game, you think that might influence the opposing teams defensive strategy? JFC, the oline was outgunned all fvcking day cuz Petra’s couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a fvcking boat.

Oh my effing god, you don’t think an upgrade at a tackle, immediately bumps players down to improve the other line positions? Or that a stud qb wouldn’t help….Jesus H Christ BB!! If you were running a business , and could replace your worst 4 employees with better employees, would you not do that? By not, you fvck the rest of your employees
Case in point, look at Arizona. Had a terrible team last season that looked out of place on the football field against any opponent.
Not saying they will even have a winning record this season, but the team in one game looked like absolutely different team after key portal additions at the important positions (QB,RB,WR,DL,LB) in addition to a very nice crop of recruits that are contributing early. Both aspects compliment each other.
This proves you don’t have to use the portal massively like they did either just strategically.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Who was the OC?

Honestly probably the biggest problem is 2017 and 2018 are Brian's best offenses and it's gotten continuously worse since then.

I think two things can be true:

Iowa had has a lot of success the last 5 years and the program is one that you should extremely proud of.

The Iowa offense is bad and getting worse the last 4-5 years, and is keeping teams with championship level defense and special teams from achieving something truly special.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Honestly probably the biggest problem is 2017 and 2018 are Brian's best offenses and it's gotten continuously worse since then.

I think two things can be true:

Iowa had has a lot of success the last 5 years and the program is one that you should extremely proud of.

The Iowa offense is bad and getting worse the last 4-5 years, and is keeping teams with championship level defense and special teams from achieving something truly special.
The only thing I know for sure is that last year's offense was terrible after the 6th game and the first game this year was an abomination. 2019 and 2020 weren't nearly as bad, and 2020 was not a normal year but that team showed progress, finishing with 6 straight wins. Even with the 10-win season last year, the bottom dropped out offensively after the Penn State game. I have never seen a team hit the wall like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT