ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa States black play calling blocker crap is

• Thread starter anon_snp6dc585nnj4
  • Start date
I agree. What the heck was that? Didn’t really block much, I could still see most of the signals from the west side. How much did the Toyota dealer pay to get their logo on them?

I’m going to assume most watching on tv didn’t see it but imagine 4 assistants holding up sheets on either side of the coach calling plays from the sideline. Said sheets were black and sponsored by Wilson Toyota. Oh and they were 2 yards onto the field every time.

They have these 8 feet tall by 3 feet wide fabric screens on frames that they hold up on each side of the coach sending in the play calls, it mostly obstructs them so that they can’t be seen well from across the field. They have giant “Wilson Toyota” logos on them.

I’d say they are gimmicky at best, but would probably characterize them as somewhat embarrassing given the giant ads. But then remember who we’re talking about here

They have these 8 feet tall by 3 feet wide fabric screens on frames that they hold up on each side of the coach sending in the play calls, it mostly obstructs them so that they can’t be seen well from across the field. They have giant “Wilson Toyota” logos on them.

I’d say they are gimmicky at best, but would probably characterize them as somewhat embarrassing given the giant ads. But then remember who we’re talking about here
Dare I say that they were clownish?

I’m going to assume most watching on tv didn’t see it but imagine 4 assistants holding up sheets on either side of the coach calling plays from the sideline. Said sheets were black and sponsored by Wilson Toyota. Oh and they were 2 yards onto the field every time.
On the field? Someone post a pic.

The only thing I could think of on this was they do not want to have their signals on the End Zone scout film they send out? It really doesn’t block it from the opposing coaches in the box or on the field.

Seemed really stupid to me.

I was there and that looked totally stupid even if it was effective. Looked like a carnival act.

Aren’t the coaches officially supposed to stay off the white turf and back on the yelllow? I can’t believe they allow these team managers out beyond the white on the actual field EVERY play. Seems like a “sideline warning” every play.

I came in here thinking there was an outrage over a black coach calling plays.

Aren’t the coaches officially supposed to stay off the white turf and back on the yelllow? I can’t believe they allow these team managers out beyond the white on the actual field EVERY play. Seems like a “sideline warning” every play.

I think you just need to be in the box, off the field, when the play is ran.

I believe it is more so the signals aren't on film. They now need to be filmed from the sideline and matched to the play from the end zone film. More of an annoyance for the film crew as it adds extra work getting film together.

I believe it is more so the signals aren't on film. They now need to be filmed from the sideline and matched to the play from the end zone film. More of an annoyance for the film crew as it adds extra work getting film together.
Ah, of course. That makes more sense.

That’s being way too concerned ... like you are trying to impersonate a big time program. Instead it just looks silly. You have to see it in person to get a feel for that clown show when doing that.

They play in a conference where few teams play defense . Even with that...they will have trouble scoring with such pathetic play calling.

Reactions: RocknRollface

Got to be a Pollard deal.

Reactions: MitchL
I came in here thinking there was an outrage over a black coach calling plays.

tumblr_p1zjww0hNK1w0433po1_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT