ADVERTISEMENT

AI for Iowa OC

SCHawkeye99

Scout Team
Nov 8, 2023
Perhaps AI is a potential solution for the play-calling aspect of the Iowa OC role
Kirk sets the desired strategy, tactics and parameters. During the game AI algorithms instantly determine the optimum play call based on all available parameters.
Takes much of the emotional element out of the call and presumably gives the best % chance for a successful play.
It would not be unlike the methods of many of the best human OC's today, just faster and possibly more successful.
Considerably cheaper too. Don't fire the OC, just reprogram.

Reactions: mixmasta40
A lot of the AI I have used is really milquetoast so it could be a good fit for Iowa.

Reactions: spiderland
Perhaps AI is a potential solution for the play-calling aspect of the Iowa OC role
Kirk sets the desired strategy, tactics and parameters. During the game AI algorithms instantly determine the optimum play call based on all available parameters.
Takes much of the emotional element out of the call and presumably gives the best % chance for a successful play.
It would not be unlike the methods of many of the best human OC's today, just faster and possibly more successful.
Considerably cheaper too. Don't fire the OC, just reprogram.
They haven't developed AI to the extent it could compute such illogic as the perimeters Kirk would input.

I firmly believe that play calling has been the least of Iowa's problems the last few years on offense. When nothing works, it doesn't matter what play you call.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I dunno man. Pretty sure that task may be the catalyst moment where AI turns on us and goes Skynet and kills the shit out of all of us.

• Haha
Reactions: Sett1997
I dunno man. Pretty sure that task may be the catalyst moment where AI turns on us and goes Skynet and kills the shit out of all of us.

Challenge accepted.

362f46b7068739e93f5a83280b8d220a.gif

Reactions: Moral
Underwhelming performance with occasional comical errors thrown in. Sounds like a perfect fit.

They pretty much do this already with computer analysis of down distance success rate vs various defensive schemes. Prolly statistical analysis of how often they do XYZ play from XYZ lineup.. blah blah..
But this brings up an interesting thought to me…
What about using motion or biomechanics analysis to give you certain players “tells”.. example cornerbacks hip is xyz degrees flexion when he is going to do press cover vs blitz vs drop into zone… whatever… and give the players this knowledge to try and gain advantage that way… I’m sure they already look at these things but computers might be able to pick up on more…
Crazy world we live in with all these capabilities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT