ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Ticket Update

Apr 8, 2003
https://hawkeyesports.com/gameday-homepage/footballgameday/

Dear Iowa Football Family:

Thank you for your continued loyal support as we continue to work through these challenging times. We are potentially one month away from our home opener and wanted to inform you of changes to football ticket sales for this season.

Here’s what we know…

• If we play and fans are permitted to attend, the five home B1G Conference games will be sold as single games and not as a season ticket. This provides for greater access and flexibility for our season ticket holders and the opportunity to increase or decrease capacity as the season unfolds.
  • Main stand and premium seating in Kinnick Stadium will follow six-feet social distancing guidelines.
  • Capacity will be reduced to approximately 10-15,000 seats per game.
  • Fans will be required to wear face coverings and additional mitigation strategies have been implemented.
  • All tickets and parking passes will be mobile.
  • UI Students will have access to single game tickets in the student section. The capacity will be limited and distribution plans are still being finalized.
  • Parking lots will be restricted to 50% capacity and open four hours before kickoff.

To provide more access to the limited number of tickets, there will not be season tickets or season parking this year.

• New single-game prices will be announced soon and they will be priced by stadium section and game.
  • Fans will select tickets in groups of two or four, socially distanced throughout the stadium.
  • Seat locations will be best available at the time of purchase, by section.
  • Parking will also be sold on a single-game basis with one spot per account.

Tickets and per-seat contributions will automatically be rolled over to 2021. Season Ticket Holders don’t need to take further action, unless you would like to request a refund or convert your per-seat/parking requirement to a tax-deductible donation. If this is your preference, please let us know by August 14, 2020 by emailing tickets@hawkeyesports.com.

Many supporters have asked how to help our Hawkeye student-athletes. I would ask you to please consider reinvesting your per-seat contributions into the Hawkeye Scholarship Fund, a fully tax-deductible fund, that provides scholarship support for our 650 student-athletes. This would allow our student-athletes to continue to compete in the the classroom and in their respective sport.

All information regarding our tickets and Kinnick Stadium will be posted at hawkeyesports.com/footballgameday. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. While these are significant changes, the health and safety of our fans, student-athletes, coaches and staff remains our top priority.

Gary Barta
Henry B. and Patricia B. Tippie Director of Athletics Chair

Maybe it is in there somewhere, but will there be a cap on the number of games/tickets a person can purchase? Otherwise maybe the really big boys just clean up when they get in first.

UI Athletics Announces Updates to Football Tickets and Game Day Procedures

IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa athletics department announced Thursday changes to football ticket sales and updated guidelines for the five football games scheduled to be played inside Kinnick Stadium in 2020.

Iowa’s five home Big Ten Conference games will be sold as single games and not as a season ticket, and capacity at Kinnick Stadium will be limited to 10-15,000 seats per game. Additional updates include:

· Main stand and premium seating in Kinnick Stadium will follow six-feet social distancing guidelines.

· Fans will be required to wear face coverings and additional mitigation strategies have been implemented.

· All tickets and parking passes will be mobile.

· University of Iowa students will have access to single-game tickets in the student section. The capacity will be limited and distribution plans are still being finalized.

· Parking lots will be restricted to 50 percent capacity and open four hours before kickoff.

To provide more access to the limited number of tickets, there will not be season tickets or season parking this year.

· New single-game prices will be announced soon and they will be priced by stadium section and game.

· Fans will select tickets in groups of two or four, socially distanced throughout the stadium.

· Seat locations will be best available at the time of purchase, by section.

· Parking will be sold on a single-game basis with one spot per account.

All information regarding tickets and Kinnick Stadium is posted at hawkeyesports.com/footballgameday.

I’m happy, don’t have to deal with a refund they’re rolling it to next year.

They ain’t playing anyways this year with fans. Just glad they outlined policy.

best Hope is empty stadiums

Yes, old people die of the flu too, let's shut the country down and live in a bubble.
Not just old people....it’s apparent you haven’t had it become personal to you.

Seeing how delusional some of our citizens are makes me lose a lot of hope for this country.

Season ticket holder for 25 years. **** Iowa, chicken-shit politically correct nancies. The governor did not make them do this like other states, the B1G didn't make them do it, this was all the University of Iowa. Last dime they get from me.
Cheer for a team representing a Tier 1 research institution, get mad at what the researchers recommend during a pandemic.

Yes, for healthy people under a certain age, I've had it, my family had it......it is a media hyped overreaction.
I’ve taken care of numerous patients outside the age at risk age range who had real struggle. Most people are fine. There are still plenty who are not. It’s not an overreaction. You say that’s the last dime they get from you but you don’t really mean it.
I wear a mask everywhere and avoid crowds. I take covid seriously. I think they could do 30k in sears this year. You don’t need to socially distance family members attending games. So offer tickets in groups of 4-6 and distance the 4-6 seat groups. Require masks. The tailgating lots will be a problem of course, regardless of how many fans they let in.

I’ve taken care of numerous patients outside the age at risk age range who had real struggle. Most people are fine. There are still plenty who are not. It’s not an overreaction. You say that’s the last dime they get from you but you don’t really mean it.
I wear a mask everywhere and avoid crowds. I take covid seriously. I think they could do 30k in sears this year. You don’t need to socially distance family members attending games. So offer tickets in groups of 4-6 and distance the 4-6 seat groups. Require masks. The tailgating lots will be a problem of course, regardless of how many fans they let in.
This is becoming even more important as it seems like your initial dose has an impact on how severe your symptoms will be.

Cheer for a team representing a Tier 1 research institution, get mad at what the researchers recommend during a pandemic.
99.95% of the people testing positive do not die, and that percentage is probably low. If I put a mask on I assume that risk, I've already had it as I said. And no the researchers are not even remotely unanimous on their recommendations, that is simply a false narrative.

Not just old people....it’s apparent you haven’t had it become personal to you.

Seeing how delusional some of our citizens are makes me lose a lot of hope for this country.
Apparently you can't read too well, I have had it and my family has had it and it does not get much more personal than that.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
99.95% of the people testing positive do not die, and that percentage is probably low. If I put a mask on I assume that risk, I've already had it as I said. And no the researchers are not even remotely unanimous on their recommendations, that is simply a false narrative.
At UI they're limiting class sizes to 50 or less. Pretty unanimous consensus to not have large gatherings.

So what about others that would like to attend a game with social distancing? Screw them...who cares what anyone else might want!!

I would be surprised if any fans were ultimately allowed, especially to some of the games later in the season. I would anticipate games being rescheduled or canceled as well on short notice. Perhaps they experiment with the first game and end up having to shut it down. Maybe the players' limited family members would be able to attend at best. Who knows.

As far as potentially spreading the virus, don’t see a big difference in letting in 10-15k people as opposed to having things at full capacity. Maybe seeing it on tv or getting a visual would change my mind but it just seems like that’s still a lot of people that are inevitably going to be at the very least walking by each other, tailgating, waiting in lines at the bathroom, etc. All it would take is one person to spread it right? As far as slowly moving back to normal life, I think it’s a good step and certainly will look better than playing in an empty stadium.

At UI they're limiting class sizes to 50 or less. Pretty unanimous consensus to not have large gatherings.

Pretty random and arbitrary numbers used to define "large groups". Most of it is just throwing shit against the wall at this point.

If you're concerned, don't go. It's your choice. If you want to, then go. It's your choice.

Last edited:
Any idea what ticket prices will be? Will be weird to watch a game with that few of people. Will they refund if the game/season is canceled?

Season ticket holder for 25 years. **** Iowa, chicken-shit politically correct nancies. The governor did not make them do this like other states, the B1G didn't make them do it, this was all the University of Iowa. Last dime they get from me.
Can I have your reserved season ticket spot for free, then, angry old person?..........

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT