ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Ticket Update

Season ticket holder for 25 years. **** Iowa, chicken-shit politically correct nancies. The governor did not make them do this like other states, the B1G didn't make them do it, this was all the University of Iowa. Last dime they get from me.
Yeah it looks like my son and I aren't going to any games this year. Not overly hopeful for the next few years either. So simple. If you are scared of the greatly blown out of proportion virus thing stay the heck home! Why do those of us not worried about it have to pay these kinds of prices?!

Wow. Thread went cray.

I dont think ol boy is the only one who is going to make this decision with thier entertainment dollars over the next couple of years.

Agree that they need to let in noise makers. Make the rule no whistles and let it grow.

As far as potentially spreading the virus, don’t see a big difference in letting in 10-15k people as opposed to having things at full capacity. Maybe seeing it on tv or getting a visual would change my mind but it just seems like that’s still a lot of people that are inevitably going to be at the very least walking by each other, tailgating, waiting in lines at the bathroom, etc. All it would take is one person to spread it right? As far as slowly moving back to normal life, I think it’s a good step and certainly will look better than playing in an empty stadium.
Exactly, where do you think people are going to go if they are not in the stadium in masks? They will go to house parties, bars, tailgates not on school property. It is foolish to think that by limiting the number in Kinnick you somehow mitigate social distance concerns, it is a whack-a-mole concept, the problem pops up somewhere else. Now if I am an old fart, I shouldn't be in Kinnick anyway during these times.

Exactly, where do you think people are going to go if they are not in the stadium in masks? They will go to house parties, bars, tailgates not on school property. It is foolish to think that by limiting the number in Kinnick you somehow mitigate social distance concerns, it is a whack-a-mole concept, the problem pops up somewhere else. Now if I am an old fart, I shouldn't be in Kinnick anyway during these times.
All about limiting liability.

All about limiting liability.
Yep, get sick at your own house=no liability for UI.

not to mention it’s a numbers game....even if people go to a large house party with 30 people....still far less than you encounter walking into the stadium.

Yeah it looks like my son and I aren't going to any games this year. Not overly hopeful for the next few years either. So simple. If you are scared of the greatly blown out of proportion virus thing stay the heck home! Why do those of us not worried about it have to pay these kinds of prices?!

Because adults make the important decisions.

Because the that's the choice made and the world doesn't revolve around you

Would have made way too much sense to make the cap 16k per game and give the 40k season ticket holders 2 games each.

Nah that’d be too easy. Basically what they said today is season ticket holders thanks for your loyalty but at this time we could care less about that. After consulting someone in the Tippie College of business who explained supply and demand we will try and make as much money as we can this year by offering inflated game tickets.

however I’m curious to see how many people will be allowed in suites and the new north end zone premium seats.

Reactions: Clownhater

not to mention it’s a numbers game....even if people go to a large house party with 30 people....still far less than you encounter walking into the stadium.
UI wouldn’t have any liability anyway barring them saying anything untrue.
It’s public opinion driving it.

Season ticket holder for 25 years. **** Iowa, chicken-shit politically correct nancies. The governor did not make them do this like other states, the B1G didn't make them do it, this was all the University of Iowa. Last dime they get from me.
Actually the 6 foot distancing rule issued on June 25 by the governor is still in effect.

I would just let the students have free general admission to the upper deck in the north endzone. No limits on capacity or social distance required. They can fill the upper deck but only have access to the north endzone.

Because you don't get it, that is why you have to pay the price

Only season ticket holders who do not request a refund will get access to the single game sales.
Kinda shitty to drop $2000+ and then gotta drop more money for the same games I already paid for!

Without getting into the cesspool of the c19 debate, this is a huge tactical error on the university's part. I predict there will be thousands of season ticket holders that will watch the games at home this year on their 70 inch ultra high definition tv's and decide that maybe the hassle of attending games in person and paying the high ticket cost and seat license fees is just not worth it.

I think we are looking at a massive loss of season ticket buyers and more importantly, a massive loss in donations. Time will tell.

Legit wonder about scalpers. Could UI deny a fan of the other team/scalper? Or does it not matter and tickets can go on secondary market?

Legit wonder about scalpers. Could UI deny a fan of the other team/scalper? Or does it not matter and tickets can go on secondary market?
Guy on street scalping is dead. Online scalping will probably get a boost because of the mobile only way tix are now going to be. It will stay the same when we are allowed to attend games at full capacity.

lmao. bye.

Only season ticket holders who do not request a refund will get access to the single game sales.
Kinda shitty to drop $2000+ and then gotta drop more money for the same games I already paid for!
Their contribution and tickets are automatically deferred to 2021.

Sure you are.

At UI they're limiting class sizes to 50 or less. Pretty unanimous consensus to not have large gatherings.

50 is a big class!! Unless you are in a gen ed deal where they have 200. If you are in your major type classes they should all be less than 50 anyway.

AtBbuKmD6dasjfsP9

Exactly, where do you think dipshits are going to go if they are not in the stadium in masks? They will go to house parties, bars, tailgates not on school property. It is foolish to think that by limiting the number in Kinnick you somehow mitigate social distance concerns, it is a whack-a-mole concept, the problem pops up somewhere else. Now if I am an old fart, I shouldn't be in Kinnick anyway during these times.

FIFY

I'm watching on TV.

I’m just thinking out loud...but with say only 10,000 people at a game, couldn’t they really spread out the entry of fans to the stadium, as well as seating, etc?

Nah that’d be too easy. Basically what they said today is season ticket holders thanks for your loyalty but at this time we could care less about that. After consulting someone in the Tippie College of business who explained supply and demand we will try and make as much money as we can this year by offering inflated game tickets.

however I’m curious to see how many people will be allowed in suites and the new north end zone premium seats.

First - season ticket holders get first crack at the single game tickets. Second, is there published price for tickets or are you assuming an inflated price?

Your money rolls over to next year. You're not paying twice. Plus, season ticket holders get first shot, but then it's open to the general public.

In a word, halNawww
You realize the students aren't going to social distance on campus but then we are going to make them do it in a stadium. Just shove them in the upper deck away from everyone else and let them have at it. Besides if we ever want to get out of this everyone 30 and under is going to have to get it at some point.

Reactions: Clownhater
You realize the students aren't currently social distancing on campus but then we are going to make them do it in a stadium. Just shove them in the upper deck away from everyone else and let them have at it. Besides if we ever want to get out of this everyone 30 and under is going to have to get it at some point.
FIFY

How many people have to die before you idiots admit your cult president is a freakin' monster? He has blood on his hands. More than 150,000 Americans have died so far, and current estimates say that's likely to double by Dec. 1. And 300,000 people would fill Kinnick Stadium four times and then some. That seems like a lot of people.

"Media-hyped overreaction." Please, buy a brain and learn how to use it.
You sir/or maam are a moron. People are going to die no matter what you do, or our President does, the goal was to flatten the curve. Are you going to continue to cower in fear at the .05% chance that you may die if you get the virus? Please stay in your house, morons like you should not be out in public, or allowed to vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawktruck
How many people have to die before you idiots admit your cult president is a freakin' monster? He has blood on his hands. More than 150,000 Americans have died so far, and current estimates say that's likely to double by Dec. 1. And 300,000 people would fill Kinnick Stadium four times and then some. That seems like a lot of people.

"Media-hyped overreaction." Please, buy a brain and learn how to use it.

Thousands died of swine flu when Obama was President. Or don't those people count. They are viruses. When you go out and about and you see someone not wearing a mask, please verbally educate them, one person at a time.

The models said early on 2.2 million would die, so is 150k thus far success? What number of deaths would be deemed success? I need a number. 50k? How many are expendable and its just okay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT