ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Indiana Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6:00pm ESPN2
Indiana -5.5

While the Hawkeye's miracle win against Sparty on Saturday was amazing, things get a lot tougher tonight. Indiana is 14-1 at home and we all know how bad Iowa is away from Carver.
I do actually expect it be a good game, for some strange reason. Although I still do not see an Iowa victory, give me Indiana 87-73

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I think our home/away record is over dramatized, it’s really not much different than anyone else’s. Winning on the road is tough. That said, Indiana is far from unbeatable and we should be playing loose and confident. We’re due for a good away game. Win this game and we’re back in the conversation for a double bye.

Im right there with you guys, idk why but i feel like we hang tough in this game. Idk about a W, but think it will be a good one. The team should be energized after Saturdays comeback. Indiana coming off a huge win against PU on Saturday.
A sweep of Indiana on our resume would be huge

HVnq5WN.jpg

Hoping for another Hawkeye 3PT buzzer beater to nip Indiana ala BTT Bohannon or Clark this past weekend. Even better if Connor has the honor this time so we can enjoy another epic meltdown from that YouTube Hoosier superfan.

Shouldn't be an excuse but Indiana isn't a nike team so I'm guessing they use the EVO ball?

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
WHO: #15 Indiana Hoosiers (20-9, 11-7 Big Ten)
WHEN: 6:01 PM CT (Tuesday, February 28)
WHERE: Assembly Hall (Bloomington, IN)
TV: ESPN2 (Brian Custer, Robbie Hummel, Myron Medcalf)
RADIO: Hawkeye Radio Network (Gary Dolphin and Bobby Hansen) | XM 383 or SXM 973
MOBILE: www.espn.com/app
ONLINE: www.espn.com/watch
FOLLOW: @IowaAwesome | @IowaHoops | @IowaonBTN
LINE: Indiana -5.5
KENPOM: Indiana -6 (71% chance of winning)

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE​

Iowa
G Tony Perkins (12.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.3 bpg, 43.5% FG, 33.3 3FG%)
G Ahron Ulis (6.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.1 bpg, 40.7 FG%, 32.3 3FG%)
F Connor McCaffery (6.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.0 bpg, 39.2 FG%, 34.3 3FG%)
F Kris Murray (20.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.2 bpg, 49.1 FG%, 33.8 3FG%)
F Filip Rebraca (13.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.1 apg, 0.6 spg, 1.1 bpg, 57.7 FG%, 33.3 3FG%)

Indiana
G Jalen Hood-Schifino (13.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.9 apg, 0.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 42.6 FG%, 36.4 3FG%)
G Trey Galloway (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.1 bpg, 50.7 FG%, 51.9 3FG%)
F Miller Kopp (8.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.1 bpg, 50.0 FG%, 46.6 3FG%)
F Race Thompson (7.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.0 bpg, 46.6 FG%, 22.2 3FG%)
F Trayce Jackson-Davis (20.1 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 3.8 apg, 0.6 spg, 2.8 bpg, 57.4 FG%, 0 3FG%)

PREVIEW​

What a difference 90 seconds can make. Iowa was teetering on the brink of a costly home loss to Michigan State on Saturday and lurching into Bloomington tonight on a three-game losing streak and looking absolutely adrift heading into the final week of the season. Instead, the Hawkeyes pulled off one of the greatest -- and most improbable -- comebacks in NCAA history to tie the game in regulation, then completed the comeback for the victory in overtime. The victory arrested Iowa's late-season skid and solidified its resume for the NCAA Tournament.

That win also took a bit of pressure off this game -- instead of the Hawkeyes badly needing some positive momentum and an impressive win to shore up their NCAA Tournament standing, a win in Bloomington slides back onto the "nice to have, but not essential" side of the ledger. Which is good, because the Hoosiers are looking as formidable as they have all season after completing a season sweep of Big Ten leader Purdue on Saturday.

Indiana won eight out of nine in a stretch between January 14 and February 11, and while the Hoosiers have gone just 2-2 since, one of the losses was a narrow road loss at Northwestern and the two wins were at home over Illinois and away at Purdue. The Hoosiers have some of the most impressive wins of any team in the Big Ten this season.

The Hoosiers have also been all-but-unbeatable at home this season -- they've gone 14-1 at Assembly Hall, and the lone defeat came by one point to Northwestern in early January. They've ripped off six wins in a row at home since then, several by double digits. That home form, coupled with Iowa's weak track record on the road over the last six months, is not a particularly promising formula for a Hawkeye upset.

MORE HERE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/preview-iowa-mbb-at-no-15-indiana

Reactions: Franisdaman
Im right there with you guys, idk why but i feel like we hang tough in this game. Idk about a W, but think it will be a good one. The team should be energized after Saturdays comeback. Indiana coming off a huge win against PU on Saturday.
A sweep of Indiana on our resume would be huge
Well, unfortunately for Iowa I am not feeling anything, but another L. Indiana is coming off a big win, still in the hunt sort of, playing well, more talent IMO, and of course on their home court. Not to mention all of the road woes Iowa has suffered. Indiana by 15+, but JMO.

Reactions: kceasthawk
WHO: #15 Indiana Hoosiers (20-9, 11-7 Big Ten)
WHEN: 6:01 PM CT (Tuesday, February 28)
WHERE: Assembly Hall (Bloomington, IN)
TV: ESPN2 (Brian Custer, Robbie Hummel, Myron Medcalf)
RADIO: Hawkeye Radio Network (Gary Dolphin and Bobby Hansen) | XM 383 or SXM 973
MOBILE: www.espn.com/app
ONLINE: www.espn.com/watch
FOLLOW: @IowaAwesome | @IowaHoops | @IowaonBTN
LINE: Indiana -5.5
KENPOM: Indiana -6 (71% chance of winning)

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE​

Iowa
G Tony Perkins (12.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.3 bpg, 43.5% FG, 33.3 3FG%)
G Ahron Ulis (6.7 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.1 bpg, 40.7 FG%, 32.3 3FG%)
F Connor McCaffery (6.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.0 bpg, 39.2 FG%, 34.3 3FG%)
F Kris Murray (20.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.0 spg, 1.2 bpg, 49.1 FG%, 33.8 3FG%)
F Filip Rebraca (13.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.1 apg, 0.6 spg, 1.1 bpg, 57.7 FG%, 33.3 3FG%)

Indiana
G Jalen Hood-Schifino (13.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.9 apg, 0.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 42.6 FG%, 36.4 3FG%)
G Trey Galloway (7.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.1 bpg, 50.7 FG%, 51.9 3FG%)
F Miller Kopp (8.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.1 bpg, 50.0 FG%, 46.6 3FG%)
F Race Thompson (7.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.8 spg, 1.0 bpg, 46.6 FG%, 22.2 3FG%)
F Trayce Jackson-Davis (20.1 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 3.8 apg, 0.6 spg, 2.8 bpg, 57.4 FG%, 0 3FG%)

PREVIEW​

What a difference 90 seconds can make. Iowa was teetering on the brink of a costly home loss to Michigan State on Saturday and lurching into Bloomington tonight on a three-game losing streak and looking absolutely adrift heading into the final week of the season. Instead, the Hawkeyes pulled off one of the greatest -- and most improbable -- comebacks in NCAA history to tie the game in regulation, then completed the comeback for the victory in overtime. The victory arrested Iowa's late-season skid and solidified its resume for the NCAA Tournament.

That win also took a bit of pressure off this game -- instead of the Hawkeyes badly needing some positive momentum and an impressive win to shore up their NCAA Tournament standing, a win in Bloomington slides back onto the "nice to have, but not essential" side of the ledger. Which is good, because the Hoosiers are looking as formidable as they have all season after completing a season sweep of Big Ten leader Purdue on Saturday.

Indiana won eight out of nine in a stretch between January 14 and February 11, and while the Hoosiers have gone just 2-2 since, one of the losses was a narrow road loss at Northwestern and the two wins were at home over Illinois and away at Purdue. The Hoosiers have some of the most impressive wins of any team in the Big Ten this season.

The Hoosiers have also been all-but-unbeatable at home this season -- they've gone 14-1 at Assembly Hall, and the lone defeat came by one point to Northwestern in early January. They've ripped off six wins in a row at home since then, several by double digits. That home form, coupled with Iowa's weak track record on the road over the last six months, is not a particularly promising formula for a Hawkeye upset.

MORE HERE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/preview-iowa-mbb-at-no-15-indiana
Robbie Hummel is our good luck charm

Reactions: Ree4 and lucas80
My feeling is that Iowa gets run out of the building tonight. We suck on the road, they've gotten healthier/better since we played them in CHA, and Woodson has a raging boner for Fran.
I hate to say it as well, but that's my feeling. I took the under, took Indiana and gave 5. Hope we're wrong and we win with relative ease, but my brain says it could get ugly. Hopefully it's the excessive caffeine.

My feeling is that Iowa gets run out of the building tonight. We suck on the road, they've gotten healthier/better since we played them in CHA, and Woodson has a raging boner for Fran.
Speaking of Woodson, all of those all over Fran and his antics with the officials should pay attention to him tonight. Woodson is non stop on officials.

I hate to say it as well, but that's my feeling. I took the under, took Indiana and gave 5. Hope we're wrong and we win with relative ease, but my brain says it could get ugly. Hopefully it's the excessive caffeine.
I'm laying off the game tonight but that projection early in the thread has me reconsidering.

I’d mix it up line up

• Kris Murray on Jalen Hoop. use Murray length and athleticism to confound and take a way J Hoops deadly effective mid range game. Murray a future pro, certainly has the physical skills to play, maybe not completely shut down, but make Jalens shooting line into negative efficiency
  • Play Ogundele early and often vs TJD. TJD has the quick hops to shoot right over Rebrqca With uncontested ease. Ogundele can use his size and strength to push TJD outta the low post and make him play face to the post
    , agin forcing him out of his sweet spot, into the mid range game , where he lacks high efficiency outputs
doing the same things over and over agin and expecting different results is not going to work

Yep. some kind of confrontation isn't out of the question, its going to get heated ...... epecially if the refs continue to hold group meetings with Woodson at the Indiana bench during time outs and dead balls.

Reactions: lucas80
I’d mix it up line up

• Kris Murray on Jalen Hoop. use Murray length and athleticism to confound and take a way J Hoops deadly effective mid range game. Murray a future pro, certainly has the physical skills to play, maybe not completely shut down, but make Jalens shooting line into negative efficiency
  • Play Ogundele early and often vs TJD. TJD has the quick hops to shoot right over Rebrqca With uncontested ease. Ogundele can use his size and strength to push TJD outta the low post and make him play face to the post
    , agin forcing him out of his sweet spot, into the mid range game , where he lacks high efficiency outputs
doing the same things over and over agin and expecting different results is not going to work
The Big O against TJD? Slight difference in quickness, don't you think?

• Wow
Reactions: KcTo
let’s not expend too much on this game. conserve legs and just bomb away from long range. get easy win or get thrashed. ok by me either way. :)

Reactions: Bishop1971
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT