ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs PSU dual

The fact that RBY didn't beat Silva or Teasdale at WNO tells me a guy with Desanto's motor, skill, & Tnt will have him better then RBY. Desanto beat micic last year. Kid is very good and is going to be even better.

Reactions: el dub
Next year's Hodge is going to make for some interesting discussion.
Assuming good health for everybody, and Bo to 97 and Valencia to 184 there will be:
1. Jason Nolf, dominating as well as entertaining 3X champ
2. Bo Nickal, dominating as well as entertaining, 3X champ
3. Spencer Lee, dominating as well as entertaining, 2X champ
4. Vincenzo Joesph, not quite as dominating or as entertaining as the first 3, but would be 3X champ
5. Zahid Valencia, very dominate and 2X champ
6. Mark Hall, dominate and 2X champ

I believe it will be between the first 3, but next year there could be 6 qualified, elite choices.

It will be between Nolf and Lee, take it to the bank.

you head on back where maybe someone might give a crap about your opinions, there ain't nobody here for your stupidity.
Dude, chill. It’s the off season and you’re getting way too worked up over a match that doesn’t even exist. And, wagering on internet messsge boards is hardly the man-test you seem to think it is. And it’s about as useful for determining truth as throwing a witch into a lake.

Last edited:
another clown with advice i don't need.gfy
It's not so much that we're offering advice. You've given ample evidence to show that doing so would be a waste of our time and yours. We're simply requesting that you be more civil.

Hall has been around the world, trained with Burroughs, spent significant time out at OTC...this was before he ever got to PSU. Kemerer trained at Young Guns and wrestled at FR, not chopped liver, but it's different...did not do near the time on the road and on the mat as Hall.This is also why I wouldn't be surprised to see Nolf surpass Hall as well when he bumps up. I don't know what a 174 Kemerer will look like but if he puts on the size, he will be damn good.

Kemerer at 174 is going to be a big muscular SOB. However, just like in HS he wasn't really there with Cenzo and in college as good as he is he isn't there with Nolf and he is going to be half a step behind Hall and Valencia (if Z stays 174). He will beat everybody else, but not either of those two.

Nolf and Hall at the next level is intriguing as all get out. The first dreams of different ways to attack and then with single minded tenacity works to develop that new skill. The second already has an artist's feel for the flow of the wrestling at that level that I am unsure is matched. It will be fun.

i know your site sucks, that's why you come here, but then you make this site. don't understand why piss.st. clowns come here to talk to each other.

Reactions: Spicolli
i know your site sucks, that's why you come here, but then you make this site. don't understand why piss.st. clowns come here to talk to each other.
Actually I come to both to talk to both, which is sort of the point of this whole internet thing. But some, such as yourself, just seem bound and determined to give your brethren a bad name. And unfortunately, you seem to have cousins at bwi as well.

Reactions: Ohio_Hawk

To be fair, the thread is titled "Iowa vs Penn State dual". Blame it on MSU.

We are all winners as fans if the dual gets scheduled. There are a lot of interesting matchups that would be great to see.

I rarely see those conversations, it's as if those posts never happened.

For those of you who don't take advantage of the Ignore feature, you're gonna get what you get. It takes them more time to post then it does for me to put them on Ignore. They change usernames and 1 post in I have them back on Ignore. Easy peasy.

If you Ignore them, and everyone does it, they will go away I assure you. They don't exist for me as it is, so I'm good. If they still exist for you, that's on you (and by you I mean everbody).

We are all winners as fans if the dual gets scheduled. There are a lot of interesting matchups that would be great to see.
Congrats, you're one of the few PSUers not on my Ignore list. At least not yet! ;)

The other side of that coin is this is an Iowa site, and we Hawk fans could easily discuss this topic with zero input from anyone not a Hawk fan. Just sayin'.

And frankly that is pretty much how it was here before Carl invented wrestling. Penn State had plenty of good teams and great wrestlers prior to Carl, but nary a peep from its fan base on this site.

I will leave it to the beholder to determine what that last part says about a good chunk of your fan base.

I don't visit BWI because frankly I don't care what they have to say about anything really, but Free Country and all so...................those that do, fine by me.

Reactions: acuhawk and el dub
you piss st clowns are so smug you can't even understand that nobody cares what you think

Before someone gets me completely wrong, I do understand that every fan base has a lot of good people as well. If for a different set of circumstances we could all potentially grow up elsewhere and be rooting for the same team, be neighbors and friends, etc. I am cognizant of that, and have to remind myself that is the case.

I'm certain I could meet any number of Nittany's, Cowpokes, Gophers in person and have a grand old time (that is assuming of course you aren't a natural d'bag, but I'd spot that in a hurry and that would be the end of that - Al Gore's Invention doesn't allow for that to the same degree however......)

All that said, if you're not a Hawkeye, and you're on this site, GFY. ;)

Kemerer at 174 is going to be a big muscular SOB. However, just like in HS he wasn't really there with Cenzo and in college as good as he is he isn't there with Nolf and he is going to be half a step behind Hall and Valencia (if Z stays 174). He will beat everybody else, but not either of those two.

Nolf and Hall at the next level is intriguing as all get out. The first dreams of different ways to attack and then with single minded tenacity works to develop that new skill. The second already has an artist's feel for the flow of the wrestling at that level that I am unsure is matched. It will be fun.
Wasn't really there with Cenzo in HS? I disagree. They both beat eachother, and in the state finals SV Kem was in on the winning TD and Cenzo rolled him through for the win + pin. Then they both won titles the following season.

Wasn't really there with Cenzo in HS? I disagree. They both beat eachother, and in the state finals SV Kem was in on the winning TD and Cenzo rolled him through for the win + pin. Then they both won titles the following season.
Kemerer lost in the state finals to Ethan Lizak, Connor Schram and Cenzo. The year he won he manhandled Haydn Hidlay and beat Patrick Duggan in finals. Kemerer beat Joesph their junior year at 138 pounds in the Powerade. That was the last high school match Joseph lost.
Kemerer was damn good then, but Joseph was the one I hoped Penn State got. Kemerer is damn good now, but I am glad Penn State instead has Jason Nolf. Kemerer is going to be a really good 174 pounder, but I am glad Penn State has Mark Hall instead.

Kemerer lost in the state finals to Ethan Lizak, Connor Schram and Cenzo. The year he won he manhandled Haydn Hidlay and beat Patrick Duggan in finals. Kemerer beat Joesph their junior year at 138 pounds in the Powerade. That was the last high school match Joseph lost.
Kemerer was damn good then, but Joseph was the one I hoped Penn State got. Kemerer is damn good now, but I am glad Penn State instead has Jason Nolf. Kemerer is going to be a really good 174 pounder, but I am glad Penn State has Mark Hall instead.
I have been hearing the Kemerer rumor also..I can see him jumping to 165 but 174????I would think the bull could fill out to 174 pretty easy--why jump Kemerer 2 weights in one year.. but what do I know

I have been hearing the Kemerer rumor also..I can see him jumping to 165 but 174????I would think the bull could fill out to 174 pretty easy--why jump Kemerer 2 weights in one year.. but what do I know
Kemerer is bigger than Alex

Everything you stated is true, but that still doesn't equate to Kemerer "really wasn't there with Cenzo" in HS. Those FR and SO state finals appearances you're talking about for Kemerer, Cenzo was finishing significantly lower on the podium.

Think Joseph lost his senior year to Isaiah White at the Ironman. White also beat him at Fargo 5 months prior. Joseph avenged those losses this year though.

It took a full redshirt and offseason to get Marinelli to 165. Even then, I think he would have been at 157, if not for Kemerer. Watch his matches with Hall. Hall isn't exactly a big 174 and his size advantage is a HUGE part of why he outscrambled Marinelli so effectively. Marinelli has NO BUSINESS up at 174 and it would negate his best weapons(heavy on the head and great positioning) due to opposing wrestlers' reaches alone.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
It took a full redshirt and offseason to get Marinelli to 165. Even then, I think he would have been at 157, if not for Kemerer. Watch his matches with Hall. Hall isn't exactly a big 174 and his size advantage is a HUGE part of why he outscrambled Marinelli so effectively. Marinelli has NO BUSINESS up at 174 and it would negate his best weapons(heavy on the head and great positioning) due to opposing wrestlers' reaches alone.

This Kemerer situation sounds a little like the Joe Smith situation, maybe both can't make 157 anymore. We have Joe penciled in anywhere from 157 to 184.

For you guys, is it possible that a bulked up Marinelli turns out to be like Andrew Howe or Matt Brown at 174, only with more offense? All 3 are only about 5'8" or 5'9" and rely on strength and good positioning. Marinelli has the better leg attack though.

Sad!

Actually I come to both to talk to both, which is sort of the point of this whole internet thing. But some, such as yourself, just seem bound and determined to give your brethren a bad name. And unfortunately, you seem to have cousins at bwi as well.
Amen!

To be fair, the thread is titled "Iowa vs Penn State dual". Blame it on MSU. We are all winners as fans if the dual gets scheduled. There are a lot of interesting matchups that would be great to see.
And Amen!

For you guys, is it possible that a bulked up Marinelli turns out to be like Andrew Howe or Matt Brown at 174, only with more offense? All 3 are only about 5'8" or 5'9" and rely on strength and good positioning. Marinelli has the better leg attack though.
Interesting thought. Brown was a fireplug with extremely heavy hands. I don't necessarily think of Alex in the same way. I honestly think he's at his best weight.

This Kemerer situation sounds a little like the Joe Smith situation, maybe both can't make 157 anymore. We have Joe penciled in anywhere from 157 to 184.

Good observation. It's tricky trying to determine an athlete's weight, I'm sure. Sometimes length allows a guy to bulk out, sometimes it just doesn't happen. I was always amazed at Tyler Nixt (back in the mid 2000s) for the Hawks. He looked wiry compared to some of his bulkier opponents. Yet, he was fairly successful at 174 (3rd in 2004).

Reactions: Wrassler17
Good observation. It's tricky trying to determine an athlete's weight, I'm sure. Sometimes length allows a guy to bulk out, sometimes it just doesn't happen. I was always amazed at Tyler Nixt (back in the mid 2000s) for the Hawks. He looked wiry compared to some of his bulkier opponents. Yet, he was fairly successful at 174 (3rd in 2004).
My concern for guys moving up is that what works at one weight doesn't necessarily translate to the next weight. That said, good coaching overcomes that, and I wouldn't expect an Iowa wrestler to have issues moving up weights. It would be the least of my concerns if I was an Iowa fan.

Interesting thought. Brown was a fireplug with extremely heavy hands. I don't necessarily think of Alex in the same way. I honestly think he's at his best weight.

Wait just a second here, do we have a PSU fan and an OSU fan talking about an Iowa wrestler on the Iowa board? What the hell? ;)

You could be right about Marinelli's best weight being 165. I was just thinking that it might maximize points by having Kemerer down at 165. But what do I know, I'm still trying to figure out what lineup would maximize points for the Cowboys.

I will say, however, that Marinelli's style does remind me of Andrew Howe's.

Reactions: Pennstate1985

So do you think Manetti could get back down to 157?

I was not aware of that concerning The Bull--he just looks very stout. But I have never stood close to him in order to get a good look his size.

Watching Kemerer last year it does not surprise me that he is moving up--he seemed to struggle with some gas tank issues a few matches last year. I really like the kid and his style--I hope the jump to 174 isnt to much--I want the kid to do well--LOL except against PSU.

MSU is consistent: Each year he posts on ideal situations in which PSU would have a realistic chance to lose. It's the primary focus of his existence.

My $.02
Kemmerer is very good at working angles and looks to have fairly long arms. These things translate well even if he needs to "grow into" 174 this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT