ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

I think 100% you don’t say no. Unless somethings going on behind closed doors like a silent commit from Greenway, but I doubt that’s happened.

I think Lisa would have a hard time saying no to a commitment from Skinner on the chance Greenway might sign the following year.
Again I don’t see Bluder saying no thanks to anyone under discussion, I’m just saying that if we do land Skinner (or another Top 25 PG like Destiny Jackson) then we shouldnt be shocked if all of a sudden Greenway isn’t so sure about Iowa. Same if Greenway commits sooner than later — that could result in Skinner looking elsewhere.

In any case, I’ll still be shocked if Skinner chooses Iowa. Has she had interest from UConn, LSU, SC, ND, Stanford? We might actually be her “best” offer, at least in terms of recent success.

Last edited:
The thing about Skinner is Iowa already has an heir apparent PG in Greenway for ‘26. I have a hard time seeing Greenway committing if we sign someone like Skinner (unless such a ‘25 kid ends up playing the 2).

Lot of assumption that Maddyn will select Iowa.

Lots of forgetting that Iowa started 2 true point guards this year.

I have never been under the assumption that Greenway will select Iowa. I’ve always played the devils advocate here, pointing out over and over again that kids change their mind all the time, nothings final til the inks signed. Yet multiple people on here who claim to know the family or to be well-connected in MN AAU say the deals done…so my point again is that if we are so lucky to get a Top 10 (!!!) PG on top of Guyton and Deal, we shouldn’t be shocked if things don’t work out with Greenway as so many predict. We shouldn’t be shocked regardless tbh…

Nice to see a local player doing well. I believe BYU & Creighton were her highest profile offers to date. She's visited multiple times but no Iowa offer yet that I'm aware of.
I watched some tape on Libby, and she looked pretty impressive. I'm sure Bluder has given her a close look, and I wondered if she might offer. If not, I was hoping see her go to Drake. But Va Tech and Creighton are nice offers.

I watched some tape on Libby, and she looked pretty impressive. I'm sure Bluder has given her a close look, and I wondered if she might offer. If not, I was hoping see her go to Drake. But Va Tech and Creighton are nice offers

Personally, I highly doubt she will get an offer. Libby is a 2025, if Iowa was really was interested they would have offered by now. The only way I see her getting an offer is if Iowa misses on the 25/26 recruits that the staff has spent a lot of time and energy recruiting. Which, I don’t think will be the case.

Personally, I highly doubt she will get an offer. Libby is a 2025, if Iowa was really was interested they would have offered by now. The only way I see her getting an offer is if Iowa misses on the 25/26 recruits that the staff has spent a lot of time and energy recruiting. Which, I don’t think will be the case.
Yeah VA Tech at this point is still basically Marquette. Big East schools outside UConn tend to recruit a level down from where Bluder is aiming. If a Fandel offer comes thru, I’d take that as a sign that the ‘25 tartgets are going cold.

Yeah VA Tech at this point is still basically Marquette. Big East schools outside UConn tend to recruit a level down from where Bluder is aiming. If a Fandel offer comes thru, I’d take that as a sign that the ‘25 tartgets are going cold.
VA Tech probably casting a wide net after Brooks departure and portal losses.

Reactions: letsgosports
Deal didn't make any all tournament teams for Boo Williams. I believe this was her first game action since her injury...two of her teammates made 1st team. Agot Makeer is a 25 to keep an eye on. Was ranked near 100 prior to the latest update and is now top 10. Iowa State has been tracking her for a while.

Awfully quiet on Hays. Saw August/September time frame for a decisuon. Will probably be playing in a few summer tourneys and make some officials. Hope she remembers her Iowa visit.

Reactions: Torg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT