ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

was anyone at the OSU game and tonight’s game? Which one was more electric?
Had to stand up the whole game but that was because of the Mountaineers fans stood up in front of us. So that was different. And it was a consistently loud as BraydonRoberts5 said.

Interesting. I saw her introduced during the game.

Another observation. Jordan Speiser has not attended any of Iowa's big home games down the stretch. Is she not in the picture anymore?
I think it's clear by who they've brought in, the top 3 priorities are Skinner, Hays, & McGaughy. How likely it is they get all of them is another story. Skinner & McGaughy seem to know each other fairly well judging by social media interaction.

Reactions: Torg and HIWILLE
I think it's clear by who they've brought in, the top 3 priorities are Skinner, Hays, & McGaughy. How likely it is they get all of them is another story. Skinner & McGaughy seem to know each other fairly well judging by social media interaction.
Have you heard much on them of all speculation? Where they are at with any of the 3?

Reactions: Torg
how likely Iowa gets any of these 3?

how likely Iowa gets any of these 3?
I think they have a good chance with Hays. She said she wanted to narrow her list down to a few schools, then take visits. Thus far, she's only visited Iowa and Gonzaga. She'll probably take more now that her HS season is over, but she's only seen two game environments and you can't really compete with Iowa on that front this year. Plus in the Wright Thompson piece it mentioned Jan was flying in from Alaska last summer. That's a big time commitment for Jan to make, but goes a long way with recruits.

Based on social media, Iowa, K-State, and Notre Dame seem to be Speiser's favorites. That seems to lean towards K-State though. I don't think it's the best sign that she didn't come to one of Iowa's games during the regular season.

For McGaughy, her dream school appears to be UConn per this. That said, I don't believe UConn has offered her, even though she had them in her Top 12. If UConn offers, she probably goes there, but that's not at all certain at this point.

Reactions: skydog0784 and Torg
I think they have a good chance with Hays. She said she wanted to narrow her list down to a few schools, then take visits. Thus far, she's only visited Iowa and Gonzaga. She'll probably take more now that her HS season is over, but she's only seen two game environments and you can't really compete with Iowa on that front this year. Plus in the Wright Thompson piece it mentioned Jan was flying in from Alaska last summer. That's a big time commitment for Jan to make, but goes a long way with recruits.

Based on social media, Iowa, K-State, and Notre Dame seem to be Speiser's favorites. That seems to lean towards K-State though. I don't think it's the best sign that she didn't come to one of Iowa's games during the regular season.

For McGaughy, her dream school appears to be UConn per this. That said, I don't believe UConn has offered her, even though she had them in her Top 12. If UConn offers, she probably goes there, but that's not at all certain at this point.
On the Boneyard, someone said Geno flew to Colfax to see her. I can’t imagine he would fly to her hometown and not offer her.

On the Boneyard, someone said Geno flew to Colfax to see her. I can’t imagine he would fly to her hometown and not offer her.
Ordinarily I'd agree, but she seems to post most/all of her offers. It seems strange that she wouldn't post the one she was most looking forward to if she got it.

Reactions: letsgosports
Ordinarily I'd agree, but she seems to post most/all of her offers. It seems strange that she wouldn't post the one she was most looking forward to if she got it.
I don’t follow UCONN recruiting but Geno appears to be giving McGaughy the Caitlin Clark treatment. What a luxury to slow roll a highly ranked prospect waiting for an offer from their dream school.

I don’t follow UCONN recruiting but Geno appears to be giving McGaughy the Caitlin Clark treatment. What a luxury to slow roll a highly ranked prospect waiting for an offer from their dream school.
Uconn is in the final 3 for the number 1 recruit in the 24 class, Sarah Strong. She plays the same position as McGaughy. Reading between the lines, if they don't get Strong, Brynn is likely a top priority for 25.

Uconn is in the final 3 for the number 1 recruit in the 24 class, Sarah Strong. She plays the same position as McGaughy. Reading between the lines, if they don't get Strong, Brynn is likely a top priority for 25.
Similar to Clark’s recruitment, I think, insofar as UCONN prioritized Bueckers over CC.

Reactions: Torg
Similar to Clark’s recruitment, I think, insofar as UCONN prioritized Bueckers over CC.
I don't think they were ever going to offer Clark. There are a few fairly well known interview clips where Geno talks about body language and not offering great players because of how they act. Clark mentioned Uconn never called her. Probably for discussion on another thread though.

I don't think they were ever going to offer Clark. There are a few fairly well known interview clips where Geno talks about body language and not offering great players because of how they act. Clark mentioned Uconn never called her. Probably for discussion on another thread though.
You're right this should be discussed elsewhere, but I'll just quickly share that someone on Reddit made a really interesting point -- Marisa Mosely was the head of Midwestern recruiting at UConn during CC/PBs HS years. She also is almost definitely the unnamed B1G HC that yelled "You're not as good as you think you are!" to Clark from the sidelines, as mentioned in the ESPN profile about her.

I remember a company slow playing it with me during the interview process. They then offered? I went with another opportunity because I decided to commit to a company that really wanted me.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkhawk and amahawk
I think they have a good chance with Hays. She said she wanted to narrow her list down to a few schools, then take visits. Thus far, she's only visited Iowa and Gonzaga. She'll probably take more now that her HS season is over, but she's only seen two game environments and you can't really compete with Iowa on that front this year. . . .
It's a smaller footprint, but a sold out Kennel at Gonzaga, as it was last night for the ZAG's victory over Utah, is also a very cool environment. Gonzaga has won 36 in a row at home, including beating Stanford this year.

Reactions: undersized_post
Deal, Houston and Hays would be a great class. Add in Skinner and/or McGaughy look out. Think what Coach Bluder could do with a top five class of talent.

Reactions: doughawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT