ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

I also think Hays is the most likely to become a hawk of the 4 top 2025 recruits. I think Skinner will hold the mantle of least likely unless she publicly narrows it down or otherwise does something to demonstrate her continued interest. We should assume she has offers from basically every school in the country. Iowa is the only visit she has posted on social so we should also assume it’s the first of many.
Skinner has pics posted from Texas A&M, North Carolina, Utah, & Arizona.

Reactions: shikreto
100% based on vibes. There's just not a lot to work with now with regard to her. Compare her to Addie Deal, whose recruiting journey was always very much on a trajectory to land at Iowa. She came 3 times. She agreed to do a story with Kyle after the first visit. She was always liking Iowa content on social media -- even though she didn't post about every single step of her recruiting journey the way some kids do (she was actually fairly private).

In contrast, Emilee has only visited once. She did not do a Q&A with Kyle (I'm sure he asked, he asks everyone). She is ranked higher than Deal so we can assume demand for her is even higher. She's even less active than Deal on social so we can't see if she's engaging with Iowa content (or other teams' content). I just feel like we should manage expectations. We haven't been given much of a reason to assume she is leaning toward Iowa at all, is all I'm saying. If she comes again, or Bluder heads to Utah, or she releases a Top 5, I may "calculate" differently....

Meanwhile look at Hays. She agreed to a Q&A with Kyle. She has engaged positively with multiple Iowa posts on social (even some saying she should become a Hawk). As I mentioned earlier, her mom is clearly a huge Iowa fan. She likes basically every Iowa WBB post -- the only other program she engages with is EWU, where her other daughter plays. That's much more in line with Deal's trajectory than Skinner's.

This is all vibes of course. Nothing concrete whatsoever. It's just my opinion that of the 4 big 2025 targets, the order of likelihood that we sign them is:
  1. Hays
  2. Speiser
  3. McGaughy
  4. Skinner
Although I do think it's fair to say that now that we have Mallegni, Houston and Deal signed, we really don't need Speiser the way we need the rest. They are all athletic wings that can play the 2 / 3 and maybe 4 -- just like Speiser. I wonder if she realizes that...hopefully that's not a deterrent. She'd probably start over Mallegni and Houston (and it's fair to point out that Houston's knee issues may be come persistent).
Awesome, thanks! Hope we can land Speiser too she can shoot the crap out of the ball from anywhere. Bluder likes to run 3 guards, 1 forward, and post so can never have too many!

Will be interesting to see who else they bring in for official visits in the 25 class. That should give an indication of how they think they sit with who has previously visited.

Reactions: letsgosports
Who really knows how it will all shake out in the 25&26 class but I give Lisa and staff credit for swinging for the fences. Traditionally Iowa has been relegated to taking gals a tier below the types the “Blue bloods” get, I really hope they can capitalize on all the positive Mojo that the program has going, The old saying is strike while the iron is hot, Not sure it will ever be hotter for the Women’s program.🤞🤞🤞

Who really knows how it will all shake out in the 25&26 class but I give Lisa and staff credit for swinging for the fences. Traditionally Iowa has been relegated to taking gals a tier below the types the “Blue bloods” get, I really hope they can capitalize on all the positive Mojo that the program has going, The old saying is strike while the iron is hot, Not sure it will ever be hotter for the Women’s program.🤞🤞🤞
With this newest PG recruit (Deal?) and that girl from Oregon - isn’t she 6’4” ?

That could be a powerful combo. Having good height on the inside can make a team nearly unstoppable. Add above average PG-play into the mix…yeah.

. . I give Lisa and staff credit for swinging for the fences. Traditionally Iowa has been relegated to taking gals a tier below the types the “Blue bloods” get, . . .
Bluder and Jensen have periodically fished in the recruiting deep end, with very limited success over the years. Addi Deal shows that things can change, but need more than 1 high-end non-Iowan to flip the script.

With this newest PG recruit (Deal?) and that girl from Oregon - isn’t she 6’4” ?

That could be a powerful combo. Having good height on the inside can make a team nearly unstoppable. Add above average PG-play into the mix…yeah.
Deal is not a PG. She is a W. I think she will take over at SF for Affolter. Our next PG is Aaliyah Guyton (#58 in class of 2024, but just tore her ACL).

Bluder has her eyes on PG Emilee Skinner of UT (#9 in 2025 — see above), two Top 25 PGs in 2026 (see that thread) and is currently looking in the portal as well for a vet PG (see the Portal Targets thread).

Last edited:
Was thinking about our current or previous Hawks and how 24/25/26 committed or prospects compare.

Clark is a generational player so I doubt any young lady will match her numbers but Deal has a lot of her skill sets.

Martin (the glue) - I see a lot of her game in Speiser. Plays tough and maybe a better shooter in High School. Hope we can get her to Iowa City.

Warnock was a good defender and reliable shooter - Mallegni reminds me a lot of her. Teagan has a great three point shot.

Gustafson/Czinano - Heiden has a lot of Megan's moves around the basket and Hays plays strong inside. Both would learn under the tutelage of coach Jensen. Hope Hays commits.

Stuelke is the most athletic power forward the Hawks have had that I can remember. McGaughy is a very athletic PF and could replace Hannah when she leaves but Bjorn in the 2026 class is the young lady who I would love to see, become a Hawk. 6'2" and long.

Marshall - our best defender and a very good shooter from the arc. Not sure who I've seen video on that compares. I'll sure miss doe eyes.

Affolter - I see a lot of Levin and Houston's style of play that is comparable to Sydney.

Logic - Guyton and Greenway have similar skill sets. Get to the rim and great facilitators with the ball. That said, Samantha was all-BIG several times. Would love to add Skinner, she really reminds me of Logic. She has only visited once, was the OSU weekend enough? Lewis in the 26 class is another possibility.

With who we have committed and future prospects the Hawks could keep flying high.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a better sense than I around when we might expect decisions from some of these recruits? 16 of the top 60 hoopgurlz have committed, not sure what the parameters are. Only 3 programs have verbals from 2 players: Stanford, Iowa, and somehow Purdue? Is there something happening at Purdue?

Reactions: HIWILLE
Does anyone have a better sense than I around when we might expect decisions from some of these recruits? 16 of the top 60 hoopgurlz have committed, not sure what the parameters are. Only 3 programs have verbals from 2 players: Stanford, Iowa, and somehow Purdue? Is there something happening at Purdue?
In August I did research from the past 10 years about when recruits commit to Iowa. I've linked that below. Long story short: 64.8% of Iowa's past commitments have come between 6-18 months before Signing Day. 23.5% have come in the final 6 months.

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/when-do-recruits-commit-to-iowa-wbb

A while back someone listed 24,25and 26 recruits and possible recruits with there rankings and now I can’t find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Top recruits are going to have more options and take more visits. McGaughy has Iowa and then 4 more through May, one of the Hays articles mentioned her taking up 6-7, Skinner has been on multiple unofficials. Hard to say how many official visits she'll take. To my knowledge, Speiser has been on campus but not for an official. I think those are the top 4 they're looking at. Best case, I'd say by June. It certainly could go on longer however.

Regarding Addi Deal, it should be added that her brother Sarge is committed to play for Grinnell College. Bluder's son also plays for Grinnell.
Do they have “study nooks” in the dugouts? God knows they have “study nooks” everywhere else on that campus!
So many “nooks” that my daughter said “no” to them….and told me they take education way too seriously at grinnell!

Do they have “study nooks” in the dugouts? God knows they have “study nooks” everywhere else on that campus!
So many “nooks” that my daughter said “no” to them….and told me they take education way too seriously at grinnell!
God forbid we should take education "seriously". Imagine all the dangerous things people might learn about the world. If only we could rid campuses of quiet, dedicated places to study.

Last edited:
. . . But the player that stands out to me is Emily Ryan. She gets no press, but manages to be one of the best PG's in the nation every year. I've been a fan of hers since she came in, and I'd love to see her drafted into the W. And if the Fever jettison Wheeler, could it be they pick up Emily as their second round pick?
In case you missed this:

Was thinking about our current or previous Hawks and how 24/25/26 committed or prospects compare.

Clark is a generational player so I doubt any young lady will match her numbers but Deal has a lot of her skill sets.

Martin (the glue) - I see a lot of her game in Speiser. Plays tough and maybe a better shooter in High School. Hope we can get her to Iowa City.

Warnock was a good defender and reliable shooter - Mallegni reminds me a lot of her. Teagan has a great three point shot.

Gustafson/Czinano - Heiden has a lot of Megan's moves around the basket and Hays plays strong inside. Both would learn under the tutelage of coach Jensen. Hope Hays commits.

Stuelke is the most athletic power forward the Hawks have had that I can remember. MeGaughy is a very athletic PF and could replace Hannah when she leaves but Bjorn in the 2026 class is the young lady who I would love to see, become a Hawk. 6'2" and long.

Marshall - our best defender and a very good shooter from the arc. Not sure who I've seen video on that compares. I'll sure miss doe eyes.

Affolter - I see a lot of Levin and Houston's style of play that is comparable to Sydney.

Logic - Guyton and Greenway have similar skill sets. Get to the rim and great facilitators with the ball. That said, Samantha was all-BIG several times. Would love to add Skinner, she really reminds me of Logic. She has only visited once, was the OSU weekend enough? Lewis in the 26 class is another possibility.

With who we have committed and future prospects the Hawks could keep flying high.

We need Stuelke to develop a reliable outside game to accent what hopefully will be a center-oriented offense with Heiden/Addison/Adiger. With the Wisconsin players coming in and hopefully Speiser and other players with length and range down the pike it appears we'll have gobs of athleticism.

Reactions: HIWILLE and BGHAWK
We need Stuelke to develop a reliable outside game to accent what hopefully will be a center-oriented offense with Heiden/Addison/Adiger. With the Wisconsin players coming in and hopefully Speiser and other players with length and range down the pike it appears we'll have gobs of athleticism.

Developing a decent three would be nice, and I would like to see her or someone else have a consistent 12-15 footer.

Reactions: oldhawk56
FYI, it is Ediger. She was highly ranked out of Michigan. The knee injury got her but she seemed to get better as the year progressed.

Reactions: ft254
"Ecstatic and giddy ISU did not win last night". I hope there is a "life" in your future. When the failures of others makes you "giddy" one needs to evaluate themselves. I wish you luck with that...........
Get a grip dude, 90% of people on this board felt the same way. Evaluate yourself or join Cyclown fanatic and get off the Hawkeye board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT