ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

Pictures from Brynn McGaughy's official visit (and her thank you below).

She tweeted this at 8:19 pm CT tonight.

GJ9ikWSaEAAwCZS

GJ9ikWVbMAAGcAB

GJ9ikWJaIAAg0lW

GJ9ikWRbsAAthm9

So Hays looks like strong interest, McGaughy looks pretty interested as well. Where do we think we stand with Skinner or Speiser? Also how many can we realistically take, 4, 5? With Deal already in the fold as well as Houston, I am thinking 2 at most 3 spots left.
I am starting to lean towards four. I think the focus is on the inside. Pf - McGaughy and C - Hays. With Deal and Houston committed, I think Skinner and Speiser are less likely. That would balance out the classes a bit and leave openings for Bjorn, Greenway and Lewis in the 2026 class. Koupal at 6' 3" could also be in play for 2026 if the Hawks miss on McGaughy.

Nothing about Skinner for over three weeks and Speiser has been crickets for months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
Hawks gave our 2025 young guns quite a show. Yes, Caitlin went off for 41 but Kate and Sydney played great. Gabby's defense was awesome. Although undersized, Hannah and Addie were tough. Our team ran, shared the ball and then ran some more.

Hawks gave our 2025 young guns quite a show. Yes, Caitlin went off for 41 but Kate and Sydney played great. Gabby's defense was awesome. Although undersized, Hannah and Addie were tough. Our team ran, shared the ball and then ran some more.

Agree, Now getting to play UConn can hopefully up the brand of Iowa for a recruit like Olivia Vukosa. Being from the Norheast she has had plenty of exposure to UConn, To be able to see Iowa competing on the same national stage sure can’t hurt in regard to her getting more familiar with Iowa.

Well we can cross this one off the list. I do think we’re ahead in the H2H battle with LSU for momentum — wouldn’t trade Deal for Hines. If Speiser chooses us over LSU as well, we certainly will have won the war.

Last edited:
Agree, Now getting to play UConn can hopefully up the brand of Iowa for a recruit like Olivia Vukosa. Being from the Norheast she has had plenty of exposure to UConn, To be able to see Iowa competing on the same national stage sure can’t hurt in regard to her getting more familiar with Iowa.
Personally, I have seen enough video on Heinen and Hays, that I think those two young ladies would be a force inside, if Hays commits.

Exciting time to be Hawkeye.
12 million+ watching the E8 game. Attention of... the country? (which is pretty cool--well, minus the ignorant followers (not fans) polarizing the team with ugly agendas).
Huge F4 games coming against the biggest programs.

Maybe a few wins this weekend will tip the scales.

Iowa's going to use non-traditional numbers now? There's the 7 there. Is it already allowed or starting next season? I don't think I saw any during this tournament.

2024 Sarah Strong reportedly will announce today...for those that aren't aware, she's the #1 ranked prospect in the 24 class and has UConn in her final 3. Plays the same position as Brynn McGaughy. I think UConn goes all in on Brynn if Strong doesn't commit.

Last edited:
2024 Sarah Strong reportedly will announce today...for those that aren't aware, she's the #1 ranked prospect in the 24 class and has UConn in her final 3. Plays the same position as Brynn McGaughy. I think UConn goes all in on Brynn if Strong doesn't commit.
Thank god. Love this tbh. I think Geno retires after next year anyway (Paige's last year -- and they won't win the title next year either).

The rich get richer.
Hard to ever feel sorry for UConn.
They rich get richer but Geno has clearly lost his touch. Hasn't won a title since 2016. The game is clearly wearing on him -- it's changing and he hasn't really been able to keep up. He got beat by 6 different teams this year. Let the 5 star kids keep going to him, he's not going to be there for their full four years. And even if he is, they're never gonna be the UConn of the old days. They're just another team now.

They rich get richer but Geno has clearly lost his touch. Hasn't won a title since 2016. The game is clearly wearing on him -- it's changing and he hasn't really been able to keep up. He got beat by 6 different teams this year. Let the 5 star kids keep going to him, he's not going to be there for their full four years. And even if he is, they're never gonna be the UConn of the old days. They're just another team now.
I mean, they were a play away from playing for the title this year, and with an injured roster, so seems to me like they are doing pretty good.

I mean, they were a play away from playing for the title this year, and with an injured roster, so seems to me like they are doing pretty good.
Yes but lots of teams are really good. They used to go undefeated year in and year out. They lost to 6 teams this year, they’re not accustomed to that. They pulled it together toward the end but USC almost beat them in the Elite 8.

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
Yes but lots of teams are really good. They used to go undefeated year in and year out. They lost to 6 teams this year, they’re not accustomed to that. They pulled it together toward the end but USC almost beat them in the Elite 8.
UCONN's roster next year is ridiculous. Bulging at the seams with top ten recruits. If he doesn't win a title in the next two years, Huskies fans will be charging the castle with torches and pitchforks. My hope is that a couple of those recruits might actually want to get on the floor and hit the portal.

Shout out to Kate, Hannah and Gabby for an incredible game.

UCONN's roster next year is ridiculous. Bulging at the seams with top ten recruits. If he doesn't win a title in the next two years, Huskies fans will be charging the castle with torches and pitchforks. My hope is that a couple of those recruits might actually want to get on the floor and hit the portal.

Shout out to Kate, Hannah and Gabby for an incredible game.
USC, South Carolina, UCLA are all gonna be bursting with Top 10 talent as well. It will come down to coaching. Not sure Geno has still got it.

USC, South Carolina, UCLA are all gonna be bursting with Top 10 talent as well. It will come down to coaching. Not sure Geno has still got it.
I don't think Geno is a fossil as a coach, but he has had the advantage of marquis players for so long that one might wonder if he's keeping up. His salty and rather childish post-Iowa comments aren't doing much to instill confidence.

I don't think Geno is a fossil as a coach, but he has had the advantage of marquis players for so long that one might wonder if he's keeping up. His salty and rather childish post-Iowa comments aren't doing much to instill confidence.
"Stay off my lawn!!!!!"

Reactions: Kurt Johnson
I'd take Geno every day of the week over Close (UCLA) and Gottlieb (USC). There is widespread and justified skepticism in the WBB community of Close's and Gottlieb's coaching abilities. I'm hopeful their coaching shortcomings will offset the huge talent advantage USC and UCLA will have in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT