ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Class of 2026 Recruiting Thread

Yikes. Probably (hopefully) doesn’t mean anything. Still, not what I wanted to see.

Do you know if Kussow has an Iowa offer? Seems to me very similar to Greenway maybe a first come first served situation.

I know very little about Kussow. All I know is she visited Kinnick for a game a couple falls ago, Kyle has identified her as a “target” and AMAYS reported that someone with proven intel on another message board (Minnesota's) said Iowa is the “favorite” to get her. I’d be shocked if she didn’t have an offer considering her profile and that of other comparable guards that Iowa has offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
Yikes- yeah. Doesn’t look good for Jenica 😕 Seems like she is not into Iowa by that video lol.

Bummer that she said that on that platform— they reach a lot of young hoopers.

Yikes. Probably (hopefully) doesn’t mean anything. Still, not what I wanted to see.

I know very little about Kussow. All I know is she visited Kinnick for a game a couple falls ago, Kyle has identified her as a “target” and AMAYS reported that someone with proven intel said Iowa is the “favorite” to get her. I’d be shocked if she didn’t have an offer considering her profile and that of other comparable guards that Iowa has offered.
A gopherhole poster (not the one who has been knowledgeable about Minnesota HS/AAU prospects) posted today that he/she was "hearing Michigan" for Kussow. That would suck, if true.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: shikreto and Torg
A gopherhole poster (not the one who has been knowledgeable about Minnesota HS/AAU prospects) posted today that he/she was "hearing Michigan" for Kussow. That would suck, if true.
I can't shake the feeling that we're in for a lot of "that sucks" kind of news in the coming months...

I can't shake the feeling that we're in for a lot of "that sucks" kind of news in the coming months...

Transfers are a thing, and sounds like Jensen is on top of that newer dynamic. Recruit an athlete well, and odds are in your favor to find them again down the road. Certainly, a good showing from the "new" team (and Olsen in particular) will have a big impact on '26 and '27 classes. We'll see.

Feels like Iowa's recruiting really failing to capitalize on CC
The 2025 class had a Top 15 and Top 40 player before they both got hurt in their HS season. None of Iowa's top 2026 targets have committed yet.

Deal is a significant sign that Iowa's recruiting has improved. Iowa getting visits from top players from different time zones is another sign. Let's see how the rest of 2025 and 2026 shake out before coming to any conclusions.

I know very little about Kussow. All I know is she visited Kinnick for a game a couple falls ago, Kyle has identified her as a “target” and AMAYS reported that someone with proven intel on another message board (Minnesota's) said Iowa is the “favorite” to get her. I’d be shocked if she didn’t have an offer considering her profile and that of other comparable guards that Iowa has offered.
She's got a ways to go to be in that post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT