ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wide Receiver Turning Heads

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
Agree with others …. Once a Hawk, always a Hawk applies to those that finish their career here OR (imo) gave it their best shot but ultimately couldn’t crack the depth chart and want a shot to start/play before their days are over.

Johnson was a starter that flat out quit on this team imo. Even if he was truly hurt (which I question but whatever), he was not actively engaged with the team as a “leader” should be.

Completely within his right to transfer, I suppose. But given the circumstances, his tiger hawk card is revoked!!

Wirfs.jpg
This is what once a hawk, always a hawk looks like: Amani Jones in the background!!

Quite confident that KJ will give exactly ZERO Fks about the messages here (much like Jones). He is doing what was best for his future. Not much different than someone working at company A, decides after a year or so that they no longer align with each other (for a myriad of reasons), and move on to what appears to be a better fit elsewhere.

Best of luck to KJ.

GO HAWKS!

Unique? He transferred and is no longer a Hawk. I'm sure every time he does well some anti-Brian poster or fan of another team will post to rub it in.

Hated to see Keagan go but I only root for young men who stay the course at Iowa.
So what’s his nickname. Chuck got his sizzle when he left. What’s KJ gonna get? Miraculously healed at K State.

Quite confident that KJ will give exactly ZERO Fks about the messages here (much like Jones). He is doing what was best for his future. Not much different than someone working at company A, decides after a year or so that they no longer align with each other (for a myriad of reasons), and move on to what appears to be a better fit elsewhere.

Best of luck to KJ.

GO HAWKS!
Hahaha. Just like Bart and Ferentz really care what the naysayers say here.

Are those that sued the University, coaches and all a "Hawk"? They finished out their careers in the black and gold...
I appreciate what Wadley did on the field, but I don't think he was honorable in some of the things he did. When you take someone's money and then don't provide them the product, that's a big problem.

I doubt you will see any of them around Kinnick on game days.

Unique? He transferred and is no longer a Hawk. I'm sure every time he does well some anti-Brian poster or fan of another team will post to rub it in.

Hated to see Keagan go but I only root for young men who stay the course at Iowa.

So how do you feel about Shateah Wetering transferring? I personally hope she has success wherever she ends up.
As far as Keagan, Not sure what his issue was at Iowa and I wish him no I’ll will but I do not feel like wishing him the best at KSU.
Like I said every scenario is unique.

So how do you feel about Shateah Wetering transferring? I personally hope she has success wherever she ends up.
As far as Keagan, Not sure what his issue was at Iowa and I wish him no I’ll will but I do not feel like wishing him the best at KSU.
Maybe she is taking one for the team? They needed an open schollie and now they have one.

Reactions: chuck285
Just my two cents, (and Maybe thats all its worth). If a player fulfills their obligations to the team, and moves on for more playing time, or opportunity, then I'd wish them well as Hawks. I think Shateah fits in that mold or Joe T., as do players that move onto the pro's like Keegan, Kris or Lucas Van Ness. Now as for players like CJ Frederick, who spent months lying to Fran, or Keegan Johnson who I think bagged a good part of the season, then NO. No Hawk card for those folks.

Gave us a chance to do what exactlY? Put him on the inactive list all season? Okay then....
Exactly! We gave him the opportunity to be the starting #1 WR almost from the word go. He knew the offensive scheme when he signed and came here.

If he was pissed because the offense sucked, he needed to look in the mirror because he was part of that reason. Hawks win the BIG West if he’s on the field last season and are playing in back-to-back championship games. AND had he stuck around he’d have Cade throwing to him this year.

Still his call to transfer - that’s fine - but any “woah is me” feelings is a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT