ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wide Receiver Turning Heads

That’s hilarious.
One more touchdown in the Illinois game and Iowa is Division Champ. One more TD in the Clown game and we're at 9 reg season wins. Playing a bowl game with a chance at 10 wins. Isn't that more than 25% better than 7 reg season wins?

Of course, Johnson would have increased the likelihood of scoring those two touchdowns. Johnson would have been good for a lot more yards, both as catches and by dragging defenders away from the line and Sam wouldn't he? Then again, I'm hilariously thinking the 4* outstanding athletic receiver would have been better than the walk ons and freshmen that played instead of Johnson.

Learn the value of the unexpressed thought.

Hilarious is harsh. Would KJ have impacted the game.. Maybe. That’s if and a big IF, SP would have looked his way. I’ve said this before, but we missed so many wide open opportunities because we never looked off a TE or our first route option. I am a big believer our wide receivers will look a lot better with Cade. Only if our line improves. I’ve seen the big talk line articles that they are getting better, but I read the same things last spring.

Look I hate Brian Ferentz as much or more than anyone but cmon, KJ milked this thing more than anyone thought possible. And now he’s just magically healthy and tearing it up in SPRING ball? He quit, plain and simple. Yes, it was a shitshow of an offense. And yes, Petras was arguably the worst QB I’ve seen in over 50 years of watching Iowa. But just don’t quit on your teammates. Wish him no luck at all.

One more touchdown in the Illinois game and Iowa is Division Champ. One more TD in the Clown game and we're at 9 reg season wins. Playing a bowl game with a chance at 10 wins. Isn't that more than 25% better than 7 reg season wins?

Of course, Johnson would have increased the likelihood of scoring those two touchdowns. Johnson would have been good for a lot more yards, both as catches and by dragging defenders away from the line and Sam wouldn't he? Then again, I'm hilariously thinking the 4* outstanding athletic receiver would have been better than the walk ons and freshmen that played instead of Johnson.

Learn the value of the unexpressed thought.
I agree that a healthy Johnson likely is good for those things but that's the key, he was never healthy. Potential means nothing in a results driven field. Usually.

I agree that a healthy Johnson likely is good for those things but that's the key, he was never healthy. Potential means nothing in a results driven field. Usually.
You're behind the argument. I was referencing the difference had he played. I no longer think he was injured. He was gold bricking. Hope we meet them in a bowl game-if that is possible. Let X lay the Wamp on Johnson. Better yet, let X and Quinn meet at the deserter for a kind of karmic firing squad.

Cool, Keagan may get more attention here than Charlie J. Doubt it, let go people... it's over.

Cool, Keagan may get more attention here than Charlie J. Doubt it, let go people... it's over.
What are we putting odds on Keagan pulling a Charlie Jones and having more receiving yards than our entire wide receiving room put together (500 plus more yards to be exact)? I’d put it at Keagan +900. But CJ would have had long odds before last season as well. 🤷‍♂️

What are we putting odds on Keagan pulling a Charlie Jones and having more receiving yards than our entire wide receiving room put together (500 plus more yards to be exact)? I’d put it at Keagan +900. But CJ would have had long odds before last season as well. 🤷‍♂️
One receiver having more yards than Iowa's receiving room is not that hard to do!

One receiver having more yards than Iowa's receiving room is not that hard to do!
I think the reason it won’t happen is Cade. Guy is a baller and winner. But I’d still expect All and Lachey to be 1 and 2 in receiving yards, maybe Nico is up there. But we still have the same offensive coordinator, not sure about the o line, and our receiving room has regressed production and talent wise from last season. But we still have Cade.

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
You're behind the argument. I was referencing the difference had he played. I no longer think he was injured. He was gold bricking. Hope we meet them in a bowl game-if that is possible. Let X lay the Wamp on Johnson. Better yet, let X and Quinn meet at the deserter for a kind of karmic firing squad.
The thumper in that back 7 is Castro. He's the next under the radar Cash off to the NFL.

No, I personally would finish the season as best I could (but remember, he wasn’t playing because of an injury) and leave immediately after the bowl.
He wasn't injured. If you actually think he was...you're invited to our exciting opportunity in the world of "vacation ownership". We even have a free gift for you when you attend...

Last edited:
Look I hate Brian Ferentz as much or more than anyone but cmon, KJ milked this thing more than anyone thought possible. And now he’s just magically healthy and tearing it up in SPRING ball? He quit, plain and simple. Yes, it was a shitshow of an offense. And yes, Petras was arguably the worst QB I’ve seen in over 50 years of watching Iowa. But just don’t quit on your teammates. Wish him no luck at all.
THIS, and thank you. Thats the thing. People are okay with him quitting on SP and the coaches , BUT he quit on his brothers in the lockerroom. Thats a NO go right there......

He wasn't injured. If you actually think he was...you're invited ti our exciting opportunity in the world of "vacation ownership". We even have a free gift for you when you attend...
Right, I think the same - I wasn’t serious in my comment.

During last season, many of us “non-fans” were pointing out our thoughts that Keagan was done and would be leaving Iowa. These thoughts/comments were met with a lot of resistance from the “real fans” b/c there was just no way KJ was that disgruntled with the Iowa football offense.

“Real fans” being those that typically refuse to take the Hawkeye blinders off.

Right, I think the same - I wasn’t serious in my comment.

During last season, many of us “non-fans” were pointing out our thoughts that Keagan was done and would be leaving Iowa. These thoughts/comments were met with a lot of resistance from the “real fans” b/c there was just no way KJ was that disgruntled with the Iowa football offense.

“Real fans” being those that typically refuse to take the Hawkeye blinders off.
Or--in your case--real idiots who thought it was cool pretending to be some outre, avant-garde, rogue fan out of some 1950s French film, complete with black t-shirt and black shades, with your Don Johnson scruff-beard. Such hep-cats, every one of you.

Oh, and they outlawed clove cigarettes a decade or two ago.

Once a hawk, always a hawk. Good luck Keagan Johnson!
I noticed it said "soft tissue injury". "Soft" being the operative word, of course.

But, hey, it's a miracle! He's cured AND he can run full speed AND he doesn't need rest in the no-huddle.

We have, indeed, witnessed a miracle.

Or--in your case--real idiots who thought it was cool pretending to be some outre, avant-garde, rogue fan out of some 1950s French film, complete with black t-shirt and black shades, with your Don Johnson scruff-beard. Such hep-cats, every one of you.

Oh, and they outlawed clove cigarettes a decade or two ago.
Lol.

State of Iowa born and bred. Life-long Iowa fan. Iowa graduate.

I’m one of the “rogue fans?” Kiss my ***, joker.

Reactions: blhawk and littlez
I was a fan of KJ ... until I wasn't. Now he's dead to me.

Anyhow, he turned heads (when "healthy") while at Iowa ... now he's doing so at his new gig. No shocker there.

I care more about the guys who are in our building ... not the guys who aren't.

Just you and the other quitters
then...there are these folks.

article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg

Do you think Smith-Njigba milked the same injury at Ohio State?

THIS, and thank you. Thats the thing. People are okay with him quitting on SP and the coaches , BUT he quit on his brothers in the lockerroom. Thats a NO go right there......
Did Smith Njgiba quit on his locker room? I think you’d find a different mood from Ohio State fans. Having KJ play against Nevada was the equivalent of having Smith-Njigba play against Iowa. Both teams had no chance of losing to far inferior opponents at home. Both guys re-injured their hamstrings. Keagan even tried to come back again the last game of the regular season.

Last edited:
I think the reason it won’t happen is Cade. Guy is a baller and winner. But I’d still expect All and Lachey to be 1 and 2 in receiving yards, maybe Nico is up there. But we still have the same offensive coordinator, not sure about the o line, and our receiving room has regressed production and talent wise from last season. But we still have Cade.
I can agree with what you said about Cade. The guy as a competitor and as one who embraces a challenge has been incredibly impressive.

This thread is crazy. Was KJ hurt, No.. He could have played. If I’m his father, sit out son. Look at CJ and what he did. The biggest mistake we made was not looking further in the depth chart past SP and AP. Clearly Joey had a future, but the coaches never gave him reps. He did fine in the bowl game. These kids get one shot, and if I’m his father I am saying sit out too. You’re not going to get a well thrown ball to show off your talents from SP or AP. The coaches made the mistake by not giving meaningful reps passed SP. It’s a no brainer to me, sit and transfer. I love Iowa too, but these KIDS need their shot too. Iowa needs to do better.

This thread is crazy. Was KJ hurt, No.. He could have played. If I’m his father, sit out son. Look at CJ and what he did. The biggest mistake we made was not looking further in the depth chart past SP and AP. Clearly Joey had a future, but the coaches never gave him reps. He did fine in the bowl game. These kids get one shot, and if I’m his father I am saying sit out too. You’re not going to get a well thrown ball to show off your talents from SP or AP. The coaches made the mistake by not giving meaningful reps passed SP. It’s a no brainer to me, sit and transfer. I love Iowa too, but these KIDS need their shot too. Iowa needs to do better.
I think we just discovered at least one family with self absorbed narcissism as the paternal lesson. So you'd say, lie to your coaches and teammates and defraud the University because you'll get a better thrown ball somewhere else. That's the less you'd want your children to learn. My God is this country ****ed.

I think we just discovered at least one family with self absorbed narcissism as the paternal lesson. So you'd say, lie to your coaches and teammates and defraud the University because you'll get a better thrown ball somewhere else. That's the less you'd want your children to learn. My God is this country ****ed.

A team and university that are rampant with nepotism and racism? An offense in the bottom 10 in all of college football? I'm telling my kid to get the hell out of that situation, especially if I feel he has potential to make the NFL.

On May 6, 2020 the OC was BF and the HC was KF.
Someone willingly chose to join that program over his Dads alma mater and KState. They expected things to be different?

I do enjoy the Dr in this thread that has access to both the o$u and KJ’s medical files to know that the injuries were exactly the same. It is that depth of knowledge that makes posters like that famous.

On May 6, 2020 the OC was BF and the HC was KF.
Someone willingly chose to join that program over his Dads alma mater and KState. They expected things to be different?

I do enjoy the Dr in this thread that has access to both the o$u and KJ’s medical files to know that the injuries were exactly the same. It is that depth of knowledge that makes posters like that famous.
None other than Kirk Ferentz compared Smith-Njigba and Keagan to having the same injury. You can do better big fella! It is this type of stuff where someone has such hate in their heart for former iowa Hawkeyes, that make you question their fandom and judgment. A guy that willed iowa to iowa multiple wins in 2021, along with Bruce against Northwestern, and Chuck Sizzle against Minnesota!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT