ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wide Receiver Turning Heads

None other than Kirk Ferentz compared Smith-Njigba and Keagan to having the same injury. You can do better big fella!
But KF is not smart, he kept BF, his opinion can’t be trusted.
KF has acces to o$u’s medical information? Didn’t know that.
Not all hammy injuries are the same. As smart as you are you should know that.

But KF is not smart, he kept BF, his opinion can’t be trusted.
KF has acces to o$u’s medical information? Didn’t know that.
Not all hammy injuries are the same. As smart as you are you should know that.
What does a lack of judgment in keeping your son in a position because he can’t go anywhere else, have to do with being able to talk about an injury? Gosh man, you can do better.
And you are making Keagan look better. Originally Smith-Njigba only had a low-grade strain. So according to your thought process he milked this thing more than Keagan!!!

As others have said and my opinion as well, this year is it… it will tell us exactly what we need to do on offense.. no one specific to blame.. new proven QB… Oline has had plenty of time to develop and they got 1 non power 5 proven guy from the portal… WRs left and we got 0 power 5 guys… we got a stud TE…
So now… if these guys left iowa and have good seasons and Iowa still doesn’t have a good offense… he’ll even to 90 offense.. coaches will have to be fired… they have no one else to blame. They knew what the issues were and if they didn’t fix them they are gone. That’s BF Barnett and Copeland… has to be the only option

Last edited:
A team and university that are rampant with nepotism and racism? An offense in the bottom 10 in all of college football? I'm telling my kid to get the hell out of that situation, especially if I feel he has potential to make the NFL.
Good Lord. "Rampant with racism" you say. You know thats bullshit as well as I do. A handful of guys, (who were conned into a lawsuit following the Floyd deal in minnesota) used that platform to GREATLY exaggerate what ever happened at Iowa. If you really believe that Iowa is any more racist then Alabama or Ole Miss, or 100 other D1 schools then you sir have been bamboozled....

Did Smith Njgiba quit on his locker room? I think you’d find a different mood from Ohio State fans. Having KJ play against Nevada was the equivalent of having Smith-Njigba play against Iowa. Both teams had no chance of losing to far inferior opponents at home. Both guys re-injured their hamstrings. Keagan even tried to come back again the last game of the regular season.
Don't know a thing about the kid at OSU, and don't care either. Certain;y followed KJ's supposed progress all year including KF saying numerous times he'd be back soon, (and he's always very guarded about that). Not to mention his "mysterious" injury, or hangnail or whatever kept him out of the first Kentucky bowl game.

As others have said and my opinion as well, this year is it… it will tell us exactly what we need to do on offense.. no one specific to blame.. new proven QB… Oline has had plenty of time to develop and they got 1 non power 5 proven guy from the portal… WRs left and we got 0 power 5 guys… we got a stud TE…
So now… if these guys left iowa and have good seasons and Iowa still doesn’t have a good offense… he’ll even to 90 offense.. coaches will have to be fired… they have no one else to blame. They knew what the issues were and if they didn’t fix them they are gone. That’s BF Barnett and Copeland… has to be the only option
No, it’ll still be..

“the line was still fairly inexperienced. Next year will be awesome.”

Brian keeping his job after the last two seasons tells us he’s a protected ‘commodity’. He’s a Ferentz.

2023 should be the last chance these three get to show marked improvement.

No, it’ll still be..

“the line was still fairly inexperienced. Next year will be awesome.”

Brian keeping his job after the last two seasons tells us he’s a protected ‘commodity’. He’s a Ferentz.

2023 should be the last chance these three get to show marked improvement.
I’m good with this. It’s time for the excuses to end on offense. Play with what you have and make it work. There’s multiple ways to play the game on offense. The good is most of our o linemen are returning. The bad is that mos of our o linemen are returning. We SHOULD be much improved at QB. 2 solid and experienced tight ends. Still a shitshow at wide receiver. Above average running backs. Make it work.

I’m good with this. It’s time for the excuses to end on offense. Play with what you have and make it work. There’s multiple ways to play the game on offense. The good is most of our o linemen are returning. The bad is that mos of our o linemen are returning. We SHOULD be much improved at QB. 2 solid and experienced tight ends. Still a shitshow at wide receiver. Above average running backs. Make it work.
I think that’s why a lot of us don’t get what we were doing on offense last season. It’s like our offensive coaches had not heard of adjusting your offense for personnel. We just rolling the same thing out week after week, when everyone knew what was coming, and that it wouldn’t work. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: DewHawk
A team and university that are rampant with nepotism and racism? An offense in the bottom 10 in all of college football? I'm telling my kid to get the hell out of that situation, especially if I feel he has potential to make the NFL.
Why are you posting on an Iowa board? You obviously hate the coach and apparently the entire University. So much in fact, you would tell your child to lie and steal, as you proudly published in your preceding post.

So why are you here? If you wouldn't want your kid to play at Iowa what perversion of mentality drives you to participate in a conversation by and among Iowa fans? Are you merely another example of the tics and lice that are here merely to annoy the other posters? Or do you think your millionth repetition of the now very tiresome racism accusation, which is utterly ****ing ludicrous, and the envious whine about nepotism, like Iowa is the only place where the HC hires his family is going to have some real-world impact? If so, you are wrong about that as well.

It's not healthy for you or entertaining for anyone else to see that kind of hatred. Perhaps the object lesson in how to parent your children toward the psychopathy spectrum is informative to the young fathers who do not wish to raise liars and thieves but otherwise you just hurl repetitive hate. I'm sure a truly woke place like UCLA is probably your cup of tea. Why don't you test drive UCLA as your new team.​

Why are you posting on an Iowa board? You obviously hate the coach and apparently the entire University. So much in fact, you would tell your child to lie and steal, as you proudly published in your preceding post.

So why are you here? If you wouldn't want your kid to play at Iowa what perversion of mentality drives you to participate in a conversation by and among Iowa fans? Are you merely another example of the tics and lice that are here merely to annoy the other posters? Or do you think your millionth repetition of the now very tiresome racism accusation, which is utterly ****ing ludicrous, and the envious whine about nepotism, like Iowa is the only place where the HC hires his family is going to have some real-world impact? If so, you are wrong about that as well.

It's not healthy for you or entertaining for anyone else to see that kind of hatred. Perhaps the object lesson in how to parent your children toward the psychopathy spectrum is informative to the young fathers who do not wish to raise liars and thieves but otherwise you just hurl repetitive hate. I'm sure a truly woke place like UCLA is probably your cup of tea. Why don't you test drive UCLA as your new team.​
Iowa is maybe the only place where this type of nepotism would be allowed to continue after the shocking lack of production by the unit he’s in charge of.

Well he is a West Coast Hawkeye according to his user name, so what do you expect really?

I think that’s why a lot of us don’t get what we were doing on offense last season. It’s like our offensive coaches had not heard of adjusting your offense for personnel. We just rolling the same thing out week after week, when everyone knew what was coming, and that it wouldn’t work. 🤦‍♂️

Good, very good coaches build a good system that usually works, but struggle when the players don't fit the system or cannot run the system. True in everything. Great coaches are mentally flexible, the proverbial win with their players or your players axiom.

In fairness to the coaches they are paid to win, not how to win. The coaches knew the offense was awful. Our game plan is always to shorten the game, thus producing fewer scoring opportunities for both sides and reducing the scores and win with defense and special teams. After putting the worst offense in D1 on the field they were 1 score inside the 4 at Illinois from another division title. When you pull up school seasons on Wikipedia or SportsReference.com they don't tell you how the 1960 Rose Bowl team won, just they were in the Rose Bowl and won it.

The only chance Iowa had to improve the offense last year to a meaningful extent was to make a change at the one position that can lose games by themselves but also make plays where the statue couldn't. The failure to play Joe Labas last year was a huge mistake, and that was made obvious in the bowl game, but so was that one position's ability to kill a game as did Kintuck's QB. That was perhaps the biggest of the Ferentz era because the guys that were playing were already making so many mistakes that it would have been hard to be net negative.

Z-we don't have shit show at WR, although it might turn out that way, we have a near cipher. We really know almost nothing about all but one player. We know what Ragaini can do but everyone else is a huge question mark. We should know something more about Vines but the Statue rarely looked in his direction and the other guy's throws were so wild it was sometimes hard to find his intended target. Hopefully we have enough NIL money left to get some decent guys in Portal, the Sequel.

Iowa is maybe the only place where this type of nepotism would be allowed to continue after the shocking lack of production by the unit he’s in charge of.
Had Iowa experienced a bad season that might be true, but we didn't. We had a very good season and about an average season during those two years. Also, some damned terrible luck with injuries. Perhaps most importantly, BF was not committed to Petras but KF was so it would be hard to blame BF for the dysfunction at QB.

Each season is a new year. Offensive productivity took a nose dive with Petras, and like a nose dive it was picking up speed the farther it fell. We should be back at pre Petras productivity this season. We are surely due for some good luck with injuries.

Had Iowa experienced a bad season that might be true, but we didn't. We had a very good season and about an average season during those two years. Also, some damned terrible luck with injuries. Perhaps most importantly, BF was not committed to Petras but KF was so it would be hard to blame BF for the dysfunction at QB.

Each season is a new year. Offensive productivity took a nose dive with Petras, and like a nose dive it was picking up speed the farther it fell. We should be back at pre Petras productivity this season. We are surely due for some good luck with injuries.
Yea. I think things will improve with Cade. They have to. It’s been weird the last two years. For the last decade, excluding 2022 and 2021, Iowa was rarely blown out in a non-bowl game before the past two years. Minnesota crushed us on the road once, Penn State crushed us on the road once, and I think Wisconsin did a couple times. That’s getting blown out four times in eight years.
Then you get blown out 5 times in two years, with as you mentioned, an average team and a very good overall team.
It’s strange to say how well the defense played in a 54 to 10 loss to Ohio State but the offense was so bad, it was true!!!!

Reactions: kceasthawk
Good, very good coaches build a good system that usually works, but struggle when the players don't fit the system or cannot run the system. True in everything. Great coaches are mentally flexible, the proverbial win with their players or your players axiom.

In fairness to the coaches they are paid to win, not how to win. The coaches knew the offense was awful. Our game plan is always to shorten the game, thus producing fewer scoring opportunities for both sides and reducing the scores and win with defense and special teams. After putting the worst offense in D1 on the field they were 1 score inside the 4 at Illinois from another division title. When you pull up school seasons on Wikipedia or SportsReference.com they don't tell you how the 1960 Rose Bowl team won, just they were in the Rose Bowl and won it.

The only chance Iowa had to improve the offense last year to a meaningful extent was to make a change at the one position that can lose games by themselves but also make plays where the statue couldn't. The failure to play Joe Labas last year was a huge mistake, and that was made obvious in the bowl game, but so was that one position's ability to kill a game as did Kintuck's QB. That was perhaps the biggest of the Ferentz era because the guys that were playing were already making so many mistakes that it would have been hard to be net negative.

Z-we don't have shit show at WR, although it might turn out that way, we have a near cipher. We really know almost nothing about all but one player. We know what Ragaini can do but everyone else is a huge question mark. We should know something more about Vines but the Statue rarely looked in his direction and the other guy's throws were so wild it was sometimes hard to find his intended target. Hopefully we have enough NIL money left to get some decent guys in Portal, the Sequel.
We’ll agree to disagree on WR. Only guy with any production on the field is Ragaini.

What does a lack of judgment in keeping your son in a position because he can’t go anywhere else, have to do with being able to talk about an injury? Gosh man, you can do better.
And you are making Keagan look better. Originally Smith-Njigba only had a low-grade strain. So according to your thought process he milked this thing more than Keagan!!!
It always comes back to this same argument. Decision is made and will be that way for at least the next year. Sounds like a broken record!

We’ll agree to disagree on WR. Only guy with any production on the field is Ragaini.
I'm not entirely disagreeing. It may play out that way. It's never good when you can that only 1 of your receiving group is a known producer. The group is just like a cracker jack box that might have a plastic magnifying glass and just some ridiculous WW2 code card. I'm predicting Vines and Anderson will be above average, or have a QB that makes them look above average.

Reactions: littlez
It’d be kind of interesting to see how portal receivers react to getting recruited by Iowa. “Hi Glen. This is Brian Ferentz with the University of Iowa. We’d like you to come play receiver for us.”
Responses I could see:
1. Just hysterical laughter
2. Stunned silence.
3. “What’s the upside in that coach?”

Reactions: obfuscating
It’d be kind of interesting to see how portal receivers react to getting recruited by Iowa. “Hi Glen. This is Brian Ferentz with the University of Iowa. We’d like you to come play receiver for us.”
Responses I could see:
1. Just hysterical laughter
2. Stunned silence.
3. “What’s the upside in that coach?”
4. A loud click on the other end of the line.

getting used to "the speed of the offense " is tough? well, yeah, when you are at iowa and walking backwards for 4 downs.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT