ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wide Receiver Turning Heads

Everything regarding the failures of Iowa’s offense falls on the shoulders of KF and BF. KJ transferred out because he clearly didn’t want to play in this slow paced, no scheme/identity, minded offense that doesn’t try to score as many points as possible. So tired of the defenders of this craptastic offense and BF/KF.

Once a hawk, always a hawk. Good luck Keagan Johnson!
Hammer Floor GIF by VPRO

To
Space Science Animation GIF by European Space Agency - ESA

Reactions: Footbol
You serious, Clark? How we “blew it” ….

1) Didn’t have an offensive line that could block
2) Didn’t have a quarterback
First, I'm not Caitlins brother or Dad so no. Second we gave him a chance to start and he bagged the season so he wouldn't lose a year if eligibility when he could have come back during the season. Several times during the year KF said he was progressing well, and he'd be back soon, and then bubkas. If he was all that, maybe he makes a few plays and we beat Nebraska, (you know the team his Dad played for, hmmm), and play in the B1g championship again. Dude played TWO plays in Iowa's last 15 games. What is it we're missing?

Reactions: BurgHawk87
I usually am pretty understanding when kids move on but F KJ and his helicopter daddy. His faking an injury all last year to preserve his RS was a huge part of the offensive’s problem. “Me” guys never tend to pan out in the Iowa program. Hope he has fun living in Manhattan, Kansas lol.

I usually am pretty understanding when kids move on but F KJ and his helicopter daddy. His faking an injury all last year to preserve his RS was a huge part of the offensive’s problem. “Me” guys never tend to pan out in the Iowa program. Hope he has fun living in Manhattan, Kansas lol.
No, it wasn’t..

We had the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen, causing everything else to suffer.

If a WR (such as Johnson) knows he’s got a lot to offer, why in the world would he continue to play in our offense. It was absolutely pathetic.

Exactly! We gave him the opportunity to be the starting #1 WR almost from the word go. He knew the offensive scheme when he signed and came here.

If he was pissed because the offense sucked, he needed to look in the mirror because he was part of that reason. Hawks win the BIG West if he’s on the field last season and are playing in back-to-back championship games. AND had he stuck around he’d have Cade throwing to him this year.

Still his call to transfer - that’s fine - but any “woah is me” feelings is a joke.
WOB?

No, it wasn’t..

We had the worst offensive line I’ve ever seen, causing everything else to suffer.

If a WR (such as Johnson) knows he’s got a lot to offer, why in the world would he continue to play in our offense. It was absolutely pathetic.
Yea, Iowa's best wide receiver and playmaker faking an injury and not playing all season totally didn't have anything to do with the offensive woes. Lol riiiight.

I never said he was the sole issue, but if you don't think his not playing didn't have an effect on our offense, you're lying to yourself.

Faking an injury? Is there any real proof of this? Kind of quit following this soap opera.
No. None at all. The fact that the best receiver in the country went through the same thing at Ohio State, same injury, same trying to return, same reinjury, people just gloss over. Smith-Njigba tried his hamstring against iowa. He ran a longer route towards us on the press box side/ endzone side in Columbus and pulled up. He never played another college snap.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
Yea, Iowa's best wide receiver and playmaker faking an injury and not playing all season totally didn't have anything to do with the offensive woes. Lol riiiight.

I never said he was the sole issue, but if you don't think his not playing didn't have an effect on our offense, you're lying to yourself.
The two most important aspects of the offense i.e. the OL and QB were so bad, having KJ on the field would not have made a difference.

WRs are not able to get the ball when the quarterback is only able to execute a 2 or 3 step drop before having a defender in his face.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
No. None at all. The fact that the best receiver in the country went through the same thing at Ohio State, same injury, same trying to return, same reinjury, people just gloss over. Smith-Njigba tried his hamstring against iowa. He ran a longer route towards us on the press box side/ endzone side in Columbus and pulled up. He never played another college snap.
K, but we had a bowl game just a few months back and all of the sudden he can now play full speed with such a touchy injury that last a full year?

He was in the portal within a week after the Nebraska game. So he wasn’t playing in a bowl game.
Nope and he didn't play in the one his freshman year either. Never once did we hear what the reason for that was either. And before anyone goes all "Hippa", in all my years of following Iowa football, I've NEVER once seen them not give any idea what a players supposed injury was.

Nope and he didn't play in the one his freshman year either. Never once did we hear what the reason for that was either. And before anyone goes all "Hippa", in all my years of following Iowa football, I've NEVER once seen them not give any idea what a players supposed injury was.
Unless it was mental health related, then they have not.

The two most important aspects of the offense i.e. the OL and QB were so bad, having KJ on the field would not have made a difference.

WRs are not able to get the ball when the quarterback is only able to execute a 2 or 3 step drop before having a defender in his face.
Whatever you say, Keagan lol.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62

Well that's being a great teammate then isn't it?!?!??!!?? Didn't want to go into combat with his brothers?

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT