ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Womens Bball Portal Targets

Major rumors going around that a HUGE transfer announcement is imminent. UConn fans scared it’s Paige, USC fans scared it’s JuJu. Others wondering if it’s Kiki/Betts at UCLA.
I would think Iriafen at Stanford would be a possibility. This sounds like it would have been in the works prior to VanDerveer's announcement though...such drama😂

Reactions: HawkGem11
That sounds infinitely more plausible than JuJu leaving USC (SoCal native) or Paige leaving UConn (way too loyal).
Iriafen isn’t surprising tho. A Stanford reporter asked her today if she would be staying and they wrote that she didn’t reply, just shrugged. This is, apparently, pretty shocking. A few think it’s Flau’jae. More people pointing to UConn.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkod

The rumors don’t stop. If she goes to UConn she will not start and may not get PT. Wonder if she’s more motivated to win a Big East title or play on a bigger stage / start fresh. Different kids have different priorities. If OSU and UConn both want her she must be really special.
The villanova player going to uconn was about a men's player lol not Lucy Olsen.

Major rumors going around that a HUGE transfer announcement is imminent. UConn fans scared it’s Paige, USC fans scared it’s JuJu. Others wondering if it’s Kiki/Betts at UCLA.
It's Reagan Beers from Oregon State. On their most active forum (BennysHouse) a long time poster who has been in the know regarding that program over the years has said it's a matter of time before her name appears in the portal.

• Sad
Reactions: undersized_post
It's Reagan Beers from Oregon State. On their most active forum (BennysHouse) a long time poster who has been in the know regarding that program over the years has said it's a matter of time before her name appears in the portal.
That’s also expected tho tbh (see a previous post hinting at it). This is supposedly in reference to top 5 caliber / highly notable player. It should be a shock. I don’t think Beers fits that bill, and ppl would be expecting it either way with the rest of the team leaving.

Reactions: HawkGem11
If Bluder gets this team back to the NCAA tourney, it will be quite an accomplishment. Losing Clark alone completely changes the team. But they also lost a lot of key players around her. This is almost a complete rebuild.
This, the only two proven players are Hannah and Sydney. They desperately need a proven portal pg otherwise it will be really tough getting back to the tournament. And even then it'll take a lot of work and for Heiden to be a pleasant surprise

If Bluder gets this team back to the NCAA tourney, it will be quite an accomplishment. Losing Clark alone completely changes the team. But they also lost a lot of key players around her. This is almost a complete rebuild.
Have to wonder if the outlook is a tough sell in the portal store window.

Going to need the incoming class to really overachieve.

That’s also expected tho tbh (see a previous post hinting at it). This is supposedly in reference to top 5 caliber / highly notable player. It should be a shock. I don’t think Beers fits that bill, and ppl would be expecting it either way with the rest of the team leaving.
Hopefully it's not Bueckers transferring to Minnesota. I'm thinking she might have seen what carrying your home state team as a superstar like Clark does for your profile.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
Hopefully it's not Bueckers transferring to Minnesota. I'm thinking she might have seen what carrying your home state team as a superstar like Clark does for your profile.
yeah right whatever GIF

Actually just read that Paige just followed Beers in Instagram. Maybe it’s Beers to UConn. Thats exactly what they need (not another PG as ppl keep saying).

Actually just read that Paige just followed Beers in Instagram. Maybe it’s Beers to UConn. Thats exactly what they need (not another PG as ppl keep saying).
The guy at BennysHouse forum didn't say anything about what school, just it was a matter of time before she entered the portal. Beers, if you've watched her play her first two years is absolutely a top 3-5 name once she hits the portal.

I do feel bad for Oregon St. and Wash St, a tough hand to be dealt with all the realignment. I think Scott Rueck will stick around OSU for at least another year since he's from there and a good all around guy.

Reactions: undersized_post
The guy at BennysHouse forum didn't say anything about what school, just it was a matter of time before she entered the portal. Beers, if you've watched her play her first two years is absolutely a top 3-5 name once she hits the portal.

I do feel bad for Oregon St. and Wash St, a tough hand to be dealt with all the realignment. I think Scott Rueck will stick around OSU for at least another year since he's from there and a good all around guy.
I’m sure she will be a top 5 portal entry (tho so is her teammate TVO IMO since PGs are in such high demand).

But this announcement is to mean like Top 5 in the country players with HUGE fan followings from big name schools, I.e., Azzi, Bueckers, JuJu, Hidalgo, Miles, Rice, Betts, Flau’Jae. The exact prediction is “this is gonna break the internet” lol people are joking Caitlin is coming back/transferring so along those lines.

Beers to UConn would be big news and I guess that could be it but it’d be a big let down. Her portal entry in itself has been rather expected for days. Someone said it rhymes with eyes so it could be Ice Brady but that still doesn’t seem “break the internet” big. I guess now we wait.

Is anyone else curious why Bluder and co aren’t pursuing more prospects? It seems weird to only have ANY kind of feelers out to two targets. I’ll be damned if we still are getting zero interest from anyone else after all this program has achieved. Especially with all the coverage…ppl know Stuelke, Syd…there’s a lot more oxygen in the room now as well. I don’t expect a UConn/USC transfer to be knocking down our door but damn, I’m still surprised there hasn’t been even a whisper or IG follow to anyone besides Scherr and Olsen.

Not gonna happen. Same if you told me to donate a penny.
I get it. After my initial donation when NIL started, I realized there were more worthy causes and that big time donors were only going to move the needle. College sports is going to be about the have's and have-not's, so I can't complain.

You'd think with the fan support and Bluder's pretty attractive style of basketball she'd be able to land a couple good pieces through the portal.

I'm totally ignorant in regards to the NIL side of the house so maybe I'm whistling in the wind.

Thought we'd land a quality big last year :(

Which Iowa FB players were in the portal and then decided to stay? I didn't think other schools could contact players that aren't in the portal with NIL offers. No?
Do you actually think other NIL collectives are playing by the rules and not somehow contacting players on other teams. There was rampant cheating with bball sneakers money so there will be rampant cheating with NIL. The brown bag full of money is really wide open now

Reactions: shudaddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT