ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa won't sell 4,000 tickets to a home NIT game

Maybe it'll be a road game, and Iowa won't have to worry about it.
According to the new rules I've been reading about the past couple days, Iowa is guaranteed a 1 or 2 seed in the NIT.

[the two highest NET ratings of a Power team - the B1G, in this case - who didn't make the NCAA. Hawks have highest - or next highest - remaining NET after NCAA bids from B1G]

Definitely not a disaster. Lost to a good team. Shots didn't fall tonight. Many shots that were in and out. Only 5 turnovers, but shooting % was too hard to overcome. Need to rebound better also. I'm hopeful they get another shot at the Illini in the 2nd round.

Out rebounded 50-33 and let Illinois be the aggressor on Iowa’s home floor with what was on the line. Yes it was a disaster

If there is low attendance to the first NIT game at Carver, look for the Iowa media to blame the fan base.

Not making a NCAA tournament run in the 21st century (and only once in the past 36 years) is the primary reason that the fan base has low engagement with the Iowa men’s basketball program.

I wouldn’t go if they gave it to me for free and included parking and dinner. THE NIT IS WORTHLESS!!
I wouldn’t call it worthless. NIT has quality teams, including several every year that are truly snubbed by the selection committee. Iowa’s run in 2013 was quite exciting for our program as they finally recovered from the Lick years. Of course, fans won’t be nearly as thrilled as they were then.

I didn’t think this team had a prayer to be in the NCAA discussion this year. They overachieved in what I thought would be a sub-.500 season…

I wouldn’t call it worthless. NIT has quality teams, including several every year that are truly snubbed by the selection committee. Iowa’s run in 2013 was quite exciting for our program as they finally recovered from the Lick years. Of course, fans won’t be nearly as thrilled as they were then.

I didn’t think this team had a prayer to be in the NCAA discussion this year. They overachieved in what I thought would be a sub-.500 season…
I completely disagree. No team begins the year hoping to make the NIT. If you make the NIT, something is wrong and the season is a FAILURE!

I'll be there! Getting a chance to watch Owen and Brock 1 more time this year in person is a no brainer. Love those 2 Iowa players....
Until Owen gets some NIL money to transfer during the summer TO A REAL FREAKIN’ TEAM THAT HAS A PULSE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL. WHY WOULD HE STAY IN THIS STALE, SHIT PROGRAM?!?!?

Reactions: Hawkstate1
I don't think you get it. These are not kids. They are adults. Furthermore, it is about the coach, not the players.

GD, why are are there so many black/white people on her. The world is shades of grey
When did I call them kids?
Until Owen gets some NIL money to transfer during the summer TO A REAL FREAKIN’ TEAM THAT HAS A PULSE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL. WHY WOULD HE STAY IN THIS STALE, SHIT PROGRAM?!?!?
Why do you continue to be a fan of such a stale, shit program?

Reactions: Razorhawk2
I don't think you get it. These are not kids. They are adults. Furthermore, it is about the coach, not the players.

GD, why are are there so many black/white people on her. The world is shades of grey
Why are there so many uneducated basketball fans on here? Tom Davis getting shit for not winning a National Championship and Lute getting out of town because of the never good enough fans like you.

You play to get into the big tourney but only make the small one.

The NIT is pretty much worthless from an entertainment perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT