QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
Oh boy, how excited are you??

8pm ESPN
Iowa -5.5
O/U 156.5

I have no idea what to expect tonight, most likely more crappy play from Pmac and Perk.

I’ll say 89-80 hawks

NIT-logo.jpg

Last edited:

8pm ESPN
Iowa -5.5
O/U 156.5

I have no idea what to expect tonight, most likely more crappy play from Pmac and Perk.

I’ll say 89-80 hawks

Anyone see Frans presser about going to NIT? Very rude to them at one point saying one of their questions was ridiculous.

I’m more interested than I thought I’d be. Guess I’m just a sucker for Iowa basketball. And I hate the lag between the end of basketball and the beginning of football.

Just really hope we see a lot of the freshman and not so much of the seniors. Harding should get 30 minutes.

8pm ESPN
Iowa -5.5
O/U 156.5

I’ll say 89-80 hawks
If we get crappy play from TP and PMac plays 24 plus minutes you will have the score backwards. KSt. 89 -80...however I think Tony plays well and PMac doesn't get 24 minutes cause KST is weak inside and we won't be in foul trouble. Iowa 85 - 76...

Meh....I'll watch, but with the same apathy as with every other game. If they win...fine. If they lose... don't care.

I'm not calling for Fran to be fired (and it wouldn't matter if I did, because it's not my decision), but I am ready for him to move on. I would like someone else to get a chance. Might that person be worse? Of course. Might be better. Might actually get the Hawks past the first weekend in the NCAA tournament. I'm sure there is a Dewey Oxburger out there for Iowa. Unlike many Iowa fans, I am not terrified of a coaching change.

I'm surprised the Hawks are favored. But....we'll see. Hope they win.

Last edited:
I’m more interested than I thought I’d be. Guess I’m just a sucker for Iowa basketball. And I hate the lag between the end of basketball and the beginning of football.

Just really hope we see a lot of the freshman and not so much of the seniors. Harding should get 30 minutes.
Fran's philosophy is to be loyal to his kin + seniors + the only hope Fran has of retaining Perkins is to tell him he needs another year at PG to improve his game. I think most of the competing NIL money schools will want Perkins as a 2G.

Predicition: 30 min Krikke, 23 min PMAC, 30 min Perkins. If Harding gets 30 minutes, I think that would mean Perkins has told Fran he's gone. Or at least that is a theory.

Anyone see Frans presser about going to NIT? Very rude to them at one point saying one of their questions was ridiculous.

I missed the press conference but I've seen him act that way before/and use the reply "ridiculous" to a question. I think he and his familily feel Fran getting to "most wins" and little bit above 0.500 in B1G as a herculean accomplishment at a school like Iowa. Some fans agree. They also have a chip on their shoulders because they think PMAC and CMAC were great players and earned their PT.

Having seen a lot better times during the Lute and early Davis years and seeing ISU vastly eclipse Fran, some of us kind of feel "meh" to Fran's body of work, There is no doubt Fran managed the roster/team to maximize his boy's PT. Nepotism for past 6 ytears. Nepotism is a bad look, especially having it in both football and basketball programs at Iowa. So glad Jack is going elsewhere so the temptation to overplay his boys is gone.

I missed the press conference but I've seen him act that way before/and use the reply "ridiculous" to a question. I think he and his familily feel Fran getting to "most wins" and little bit above 0.500 in B1G as a herculean accomplishment at a school like Iowa. Some fans agree. They also have a chip on their shoulders because they think PMAC and CMAC were great players and earned their PT.

Having seen a lot better times during the Lute and early Davis years and seeing ISU vastly eclipse Fran, some of us kind of feel "meh" to Fran's body of work, There is no doubt Fran managed the roster/team to maximize his boy's PT. Nepotism for past 6 ytears. Nepotism is a bad look, especially having it in both football and basketball programs at Iowa. So glad Jack is going elsewhere so the temptation to overplay his boys is gone.
Agree on everything 100%. I was at Iowa during the Ralph Miller era. What exciting teams he had. Downtown Freddie Brown and John Jonson, Glen stick Vidnovic, Chad Calabria. They'd get the old Fieldhouse rocking. Football was terrible but basketball was great.

I will be very excited to check the score in the morning before I punch in as I will MAYBE watch 5 minutes tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
It is depressing being the little brother to STATE men's basketball.

Makes one want to go hide under a rock.

Kansas St is terrible on the road - only won a single road game in the B12 against the worst team. This is a winnable game.

8pm ESPN
Iowa -5.5
O/U 156.5

I’ll say 89-80 hawks

NIT-logo.jpg
Don't want to offend anybody, but if I were betting the game -- which I'm not -- I'd take KSU and the points. Officiating is going to be important.

Reactions: RocknRollface
I will watch, which for me is par for the course. Not expecting much and unfortunately think the Hawks will be one and done.

It is depressing being the little brother to STATE men's basketball.

Makes one want to go hide under a rock.

Yes I would guess it would for you. I’m hoping everyone else has a robust enough life that Iowa going to the NIT didn’t phase them much.

Harding is no longer a freshmen, this is his 33 game he's played in, it's about time to see what he can do playing extended minutes against an actual D1 team without coming off the bench with Iowa down 10 points and trying to play the team out of a hole. Kansas St. has had it's troubles away from Manhattan, hope that continues.
Win or lose, I want to see lots of playing time for Payton, Dix and the 4 freshmen. Make it happen.
And yes, any time Iowa men's team plays a game, I'm excited!

Didn’t your daughter play softball for you, when you were coaching?

Agree on everything 100%. I was at Iowa during the Ralph Miller era. What exciting teams he had. Downtown Freddie Brown and John Jonson, Glen stick Vidnovic, Chad Calabria. They'd get the old Fieldhouse rocking. Football was terrible but basketball was great.

How many championships did they win?

I’ll do what I’ve done the last several games, forget it’s on, look on espn to see if we won, if a W fast forward through the game in 15 minutes on the dvr, feel good about forgetting it was on

Don't want to offend anybody, but if I were betting the game -- which I'm not -- I'd take KSU and the points. Officiating is going to be important.
Absolutely.

Once iowa falls off the cliff in march they don't recover.

It's the same thing every year. Terrible in December, at some point in January or early Feb they start playing well, get everyones hopes up and then sometime in March their good play just abruptly stops and its losses until the season is over.

Only thing that could change the equation would be leaning heavily into the younger players but I expect the exact opposite.

Absolutely.

Once iowa falls off the cliff in march they don't recover.

It's the same thing every year. Terrible in December, at some point in January or early Feb they start playing well, get everyones hopes up and then sometime in March their good play just abruptly stops and its losses until the season is over.

Only thing that could change the equation would be leaning heavily into the younger players but I expect the exact opposite.

So your saying leaning into the younger players would keep us from playing poorly…

Does anyone else know this?

You’d think every coach would embrace it, right!?

It will depend on which team cares about the game. If one team is going all out like any other tournament game while the other doesn't care and is just going thru the motions, then the team going all out will probably win.

If both teams care/don't care, then it should be a competitive, close game.

Even though I am apathetic about the Iowa men's basketball team, I wouldn't mind seeing them win the NIT.

Meh....I'll watch, but with the same apathy as with every other game. If they win...fine. If they lose... don't care.

I'm not calling for Fran to be fired (and it wouldn't matter if I did, because it's not my decision), but I am ready for him to move on. I would like someone else to get a chance. Might that person be worse? Of course. Might be better. Might actually get the Hawks past the first weekend in the NCAA tournament. I'm sure there is a Dewey Oxburger out there for Iowa. Unlike many Iowa fans, I am not terrified of a coaching change.

I'm surprised the Hawks are favored. But....we'll see. Hope they win.
All of that are my sentiments exactly. I had no real PLANS to watch this game, but I'm sure I will turn on the game when 8pm rolls around, because I know myself too well.

Nothing against that Des Moines Register reporter, Tyler something. But his question was withouth much thought and he deserved Fran's abrupt answer. If he wants to be brave with the questions, I am all for it though. But come-on be more creative than that.

Nothing against that Des Moines Register reporter, Tyler something. But his question was withouth much thought and he deserved Fran's abrupt answer. If he wants to be brave with the questions, I am all for it though. But come-on be more creative than that.
He could have just asked Fran His comfort level going into the NIT since He has had no luck in NCAA Tourneys over the Years and inability to ever get a Team into a Sweet 16 , are You confident You can make a run this Year Coach? I would have paid to hear that asked.

Reactions: skydog0784
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT