ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa won't sell 4,000 tickets to a home NIT game

Feels similar to the Georgia NIT game in Davis' 2nd to last season, only FM's contract isn't up after next year.

I remember it well. That was the first time I’d really seen the seats behind the baskets empty for a men’s bball game at carver. Now it’s the norm

If there is low attendance to the first NIT game at Carver, look for the Iowa media to blame the fan base.

Not making a NCAA tournament run in the 21st century (and only once in the past 36 years) is the primary reason that the fan base has low engagement with the Iowa men’s basketball program.
None of this has anything to do with this season's team.

If there is an NIT game with poor attendance it's more of a commentary on the fans than it is this season's team.

That said, if Iowa makes the NIT this season it will have been a disappointment in my eyes. The big ten is not strong. Nebraska 3rd. NW 4th. You can't finish 7th.

That said, this season is not over. Beat OSU and Illinois and the Hawks should be dancing

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
I wouldn’t call it worthless. NIT has quality teams, including several every year that are truly snubbed by the selection committee. Iowa’s run in 2013 was quite exciting for our program as they finally recovered from the Lick years. Of course, fans won’t be nearly as thrilled as they were then.

I didn’t think this team had a prayer to be in the NCAA discussion this year. They overachieved in what I thought would be a sub-.500 season…
I don't see how Iowa has overachieved. This team has the talent to be in the dance. And the big ten is weak.

That said, the season is not over. Beat OSU and Illinois and the Hawks should be dancing

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
I don't think you get it. These are not kids. They are adults. Furthermore, it is about the coach, not the players.

GD, why are are there so many black/white people on her. The world is shades of grey
We get it. You don’t like Fran. In contrast, I thought 10-10 in conference play was this teams ceiling, so I view the year as a success. There are a lot of really good schools that finished equal to or below Iowa this year.

I'll go and enjoy it.
You must like pain

kick in nuts GIF

• Haha
Reactions: IAmTheLaw151
Reactions: skydog0784
Until Owen gets some NIL money to transfer during the summer TO A REAL FREAKIN’ TEAM THAT HAS A PULSE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL. WHY WOULD HE STAY IN THIS STALE, SHIT PROGRAM?!?!?
He wants to stick around and look at your positive, inspiring posts. You are one of, if not the biggest losers on this site. Your family must be very proud of you.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
At 10-8 we finished slightly better than I expected for conference play,... good rebuild season.

Edit:
10-10 with the two early season losses to Purdue & Michigan which I missed,.. apologies

Last edited:
Don't worry, they'll start the "In it to win it" campaign again and you guys will fall in line.

Year 14 and we have a head coach that is almost right at .500 in Big Ten play during that span.

The “they don’t deserve me to watch them” stuff is just stupid. Can pretty much guarantee this team is in the tourney this year if every game was a sellout. But yes, keep refusing to go to games and see how bad a program without support can really get 🙄

Considering the revenue Iowa athletics makes the university should give tickets away to any and all school age kids in surrounding school districts.

They can afford it, consider it an investment into future fans.

I'll be there! Getting a chance to watch Owen and Brock 1 more time this year in person is a no brainer. Love those 2 Iowa players....

Yep, I'll buy tickets. Love the young players on the team and it will be fun to watch them again this season

Went tonight. Disaster. I’m done for the year
This is just a bonehead stupid comment. Further evidence of the tragic IQ falloff among Iowa fans over the last decade or so, which has been painfully obvious for anyone who's been following Iowa forums for 25 years.

Schedule a women's practice after the men's game. It will pack the house and humiliate the men.

He wants to stick around and look at your positive, inspiring posts. You are one of, if not the biggest losers on this site. Your family must be very proud of you.
He trys so hard to be negative that he has to be a fan of ISU or Nebby and trolls here a lot.

Reactions: icwesthawk
Don't worry, they'll start the "In it to win it" campaign again and you guys will fall in line.

Year 14 and we have a head coach that is almost right at .500 in Big Ten play during that span.
Let's Get Mad Again was the slogan when he was hired. Most of the fanbase was excited for a fresh start. Nice attempt at thinking you somehow have an I gotcha attempt anywhere here.

Iowa finished ahead of preseason expectations. This is a fact. The NIT could be a good thing for the team assuming everyone but Krikke and PMac are back. Solid young core playing more games. I'm 50/50 now. If Fran goes and we get DeVries I want a change. If he isn't going and we can retain everyone add 2 solid 2024 recruits to next year's team and hopefully someone in the portal this should be a top 5 team in the BIG next season.

Last time, NIT tickets were sold on first come basis. Actual fans that goto games got the side court seats down low. Even if 4000 people show up, it'll still be louder than any regular season game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT