ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Wrestling is Dead

NLhawk62

HR All-American
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
The key word is regression. It’s been a theme for years now. Great Freshmen, Sophmore, Junior wrestlers turn in to mince meat by their senior year. Even the GREAT Spencer Lee couldn’t get it done his senior year. Studs turn into duds. Pushing, plodding, and no aggression. No mat skills or awareness.

It’s time for a change.

The key word is regression. It’s been a theme for years now. Great Freshmen, Sophmore, Junior wrestlers turn in to mince meat by their senior year. Even the GREAT Spencer Lee couldn’t get it done his senior year. Studs turn into duds. Pushing, plodding, and no aggression. No mat skills or awareness.

It’s time for a change.
Spot on. The regression in Glazier is shocking! He’s a shadow of his Freshman, sophomore, and junior seasons.

Iowa wrestling will never be dead. It's in a really bad place now, however. Between Spencer breaking down at nationals, losing out on big time talent consistently, and the struggles this season. I think a shakeup is definitely needed. The fans will show up with the Brands brothers in the corner, or not.

The question is does Real do better at Penn State? Not a popular question but is anyone confident that he wouldn't be better?
There's your answer on our coaching.
Cael has created a machine. It was all great to laugh at "fun" state.
I'm not enjoying the laugh anymore.
We need a huge shakeup.

It looks like that was the worst beat down in a dual for Iowa since they only won 2 matches against Illinois in 2005. That was in Champaign.

I can’t find dual results, just win/losses before 2004. Iowa had only 10 losses at Carver from 83-04. Unless somebody has evidence to the contrary, I’m guessing that’s Iowa’s worst defeat ever at Carver.

That’s logical. If someone regresses we blame the coaching. If they make great improvements we credit the athlete and not the coaching. Got it.
You’re just dancing around the issue and you know it. A large proportion of Brands wrestlers regress or stagnate in their careers and it’s unacceptable. Get rid of Brands. Try a different direction. See if we can find a coach who doesn’t have a large proportion of his wrestlers regress or stagnate.

You’re just dancing around the issue and you know it. A large proportion of Brands wrestlers regress or stagnate in their careers and it’s unacceptable. Get rid of Brands. Try a different direction. See if we can find a coach who doesn’t have a large proportion of his wrestlers regress or stagnate.
Meanwhile, Tom is losing his mind

Another stupid f*cking comment from another stupid f*cking moran jumping in to stir the pot.

Just because we can't match PSU doesn't make us dead. Look around and you'll realize that know one is close to them and haven't been for years.

That doesn't mean we couldn't or shouldn't shake up the staff - however it also has to be the right moves otherwise it doesn't make any sense. But that's a far cry from saying "Iowa wrestling is dead."

Again, stupid f*cking comment.

The question is does Real do better at Penn State? Not a popular question but is anyone confident that he wouldn't be better?
There's your answer on our coaching.
Cael has created a machine. It was all great to laugh at "fun" state.
I'm not enjoying the laugh anymore.
We need a huge shakeup.
You see Cael with a smug look on his face most of the match?

Honestly if you wanna compete better with Penn State, just have all the wrestlers to tell Tom and Terry and the rest of the training staff to f*** off and focus more on core and leg strength.

Technical wrestling isn't why you're losing, and sometimes badly, to Penn State wrestlers.................

You're welcome.

P.S. and yes they do not focus on that enough and the results support my claims. Thanks in advance for taking my advice, which includes telling Tom and Terry and the staff to f*** off since they do not want to focus on those aspects.

:)

fox GIF by Gotham

Reactions: TtotheL
Not dead, competitive and above average but wont touch PSU. No different than FB being good to very good but never the best. All-Americans here and there to be proud of but natty trophies are quite unlikely. WBB without CC has their version coming soon. Enjoy your life, learn humility.

Reactions: Mendoza77
Another stupid f*cking comment from another stupid f*cking moran jumping in to stir the pot.

Just because we can't match PSU doesn't make us dead. Look around and you'll realize that know one is close to them and haven't been for years.

That doesn't mean we couldn't or shouldn't shake up the staff - however it also has to be the right moves otherwise it doesn't make any sense. But that's a far cry from saying "Iowa wrestling is dead."

Again, stupid f*cking comment.
No, Iowa wrestling is dead

Not dead, competitive and above average but wont touch PSU. No different than FB being good to very good but never the best. All-Americans here and there to be proud of but natty trophies are quite unlikely. WBB without CC has their version coming soon. Enjoy your life, learn humility.
jfc... Telling people they need to learn humility is so ****ing cringe. Like honestly what do your own farts smell like because everyone can see you love smelling them...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT