ADVERTISEMENT

Iowans, Floridians, and assorted flotsam and jetsam of HORT. Name something that the people in your state don't do well.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I'll start with Iowans and traffic circles. A shocking number of think you either have to stand on your brakes when you get to one, or you just sail through it without a care in the world, or even a cursory glance at who may be coming in from their left.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
The mini traffic circle @ Holiday Road and 12th Avenue Coralville is a joke. Not big enough to really let traffic get in the circle if not for courteous drivers like myself... :)

Elevators. Ever notice how the folks waiting to enter, crowd the door to battle the traffic ready to leave the car? I've personally witnessed that at all 3 elevators in the tri county...

Swimming.

I couldn't believe that the avg person in FL can't swim 100yds without gasping. They say they're from FL, but it's a tell tale sign, and really is all I need to see once they're walking into the break bragging and holding a phone above.

Keep the streets, common areas and countryside clean.
We are in Maine this week and there is virtually no litter.

Keep the streets, common areas and countryside clean.
We are in Maine this week and there is virtually no litter.

Iowa is terrible with this too.

Iowa has a roadway garbage problem. Big time. Would rather toss it out the window than suffer the apparent indignity of keeping it in their vehicles until they get to their destination.

Person #1 tosses something out the window.
Person #2 = "Dude?"
Person #1 = "It'll break down."
Person #2 = "Isn't that a beer can?"

The mini traffic circle @ Holiday Road and 12th Avenue Coralville is a joke. Not big enough to really let traffic get in the circle if not for courteous drivers like myself... :)

Elevators. Ever notice how the folks waiting to enter, crowd the door to battle the traffic ready to leave the car? I've personally witnessed that at all 3 elevators in the tri county...

Elevator etiquette should be taught in schools. Bunch of savages out there.

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Iowa has a roadway garbage problem. Big time. Would rather toss it out the window than suffer the apparent indignity of keeping it in their vehicles until they get to their destination.

Person #2 = "Dude?"
If they ever discard the nickel cooperage on cans our ditches will be a sea of blue from the Bisch Light cans

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Maryland is not good at cooking anything other than sweets. There’s no excuse either, they have access to local produce and meat everywhere

If they ever discard the nickel cooperage on cans our ditches will be a sea of blue from the Bisch Light cans
No, no no. That's why they disguised the can to look like an ear of corn that fell off the wagon on the way to the corn crib...
AYNZ0sD-.jpeg

...and if you still want to drink the Tranny beer incognito, you can purchase the corn cozies on Amazon and fool all those MAGAs you're drinking with...
71u5F70hebL.jpg

I rode on Mormon Trek today and thought of you. It's currently down to one lane North of the old gym and a sign said "Bicycles Can Use Full Lane." I straight up owned the lane in the hopes I'd see your car. No Ridgeline or concrete trucks to be found unfortunately - someday we'll cross paths and you'll see that lane being used!

• Sad
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
There was a former classmate of mine, who walked the ditches, gathering cans until he had enough to buy another 6 pack. After he finished off the 6 pack, he started the process over. At a class reunion one year, someone commented that he was self-employed.

Reactions: mthawkeyes

Person #2 = "Dude?"
I caught a beer can while fishing last weekend in nw iowa. It was a Pabst with a pull tab top. That sucker has been sitting on the bottom of that lake for a loooooooong time.

• Haha
Reactions: lucas80
I rode on Mormon Trek today and thought of you. It's currently down to one lane North of the old gym and a sign said "Bicycles Can Use Full Lane." I straight up owned the lane in the hopes I'd see your car. No Ridgeline or concrete trucks to be found unfortunately - someday we'll cross paths and you'll see that lane being used!

It’s a 100 out, not -25. I already have a bike painted white to plant next to your lifeless corpse, a Nissan Frontier tire track down the back of your neon spandex jersey. " I'm sorry officer but that idiot in the Toyota Tacoma in front of me waved me around. " ( Jack McCaffery defense ) 😿 " I didn't see the biker till I backed over him the second time. ":p
images

• Haha
Reactions: Hawki97
Regarding the roundabouts. I love them...but why all the landscaping in the middle. The new one in North Liberty almost caught me off guard today when a MILF in a big black SUV came out of the circle foliage faster than she should have as I was ready to enter. If it wasn't for the 12 foot tall pines I would have spotted her across the circle and waited...

• Haha
Reactions: Hawki97
Choose good leaders
You live in Nebraska. STFU.

Whoever said they can't navigate the roundy on 12th and Holiday, get the **** out of my way. You WILL yield to me in any and all circumstances. And for the nancy boy bicyclists, I'll run your ass over.

Also, manners need working on in Iowa.

You live in Nebraska. STFU.

Whoever said they can't navigate the roundy on 12th and Holiday, get the **** out of my way. You WILL yield to me in any and all circumstances. And for the nancy boy bicyclists, I'll run your ass over.

Also, manners need working on in Iowa.

North Liberty roundabout...

Your roundaround...

All they did was remove the 4 way stop signs...

Dress tastefully.

Retirees move here and seem to make it a point to be as tacky as they can.

Florida clothing retailers are convinced that polo shirts with images of mallard ducks, tee shirts with rainbow-colored manatees, silhouettes of flamingos in the sunset or cartoon bass fish being yanked out of the water by a fishing pole that looks like it was made from Gumby’s flesh, are what Floridians need.

In Miami, people do “dress up.” But they have the subtlety of a Sopranos cast member going to a Happy Getting Out of Jail party at Bada Bing for a professional hitman.

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT